Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lojack signs with Vikes

In the end we needed a DE and a CB

#1 CB and #2DE >>>>>>> #1 DE and #6 CB

Go look at Slay again, not some BS ranking for the guy who had BMW as his #1 ranked player. Those rankings are based on imperfect knowledge. As a fellow Vulcan, you should know that.

Logic? You wanted a run blocking guard at 5. Go and do a few Sudokus buddy.

I never said I wanted him. I said it was a better pick than Ansah. That's why my post may come off as hostile. You guys don't even follow the argument. Chance Warmack bust ~5%. Chance Ansah bust ~35%.

I apologize if it comes of as me being emotional about this because it's the farthest thing from the truth. I'm as analytical a person as you'll prolly ever meet. None of these picks make me mad or sad or anything. I may get frustrated during discussions with people not following the argument sometimes and bringing up factors that have nothing to do with the equation. In the end I'm just making the logical argument that DE should have been the 2nd round pick 100% of the time to have the best rounds 1 and 2 possible. Imo, to this point nobody has made a sufficient argument against this.

I wasn't really directing the come in off the ledge comment directly to you....it had more to do with me using generalities to fan reactions to all drafts.

I wasn't really directing the come in off the ledge comment directly to you....it had more to do with me using generalities to fan reactions to all drafts.

You should have, this guy wanted Chance Warmack at 5. That's desperate, call the suicide hotline.

This is the draft when we find out if Suh is a leader. Period.

If Suh picked up any of that natural leadership skill from KVB, he can turn Ansah into the next Julius Peppers and Devin Taylor into the hidden gem of this draft. Both of them have had the physical tools and skills to be great first round picks.

If he's not a leader, Devin Taylor could pick up the ugly habits we've seen at times, the lack of discipline. Ansah could decline.

Suh has to step up and set the tempo early for these guys. He has to set the example of getting a hand on a runner every practice, chasing guys down field, and lead with the killer attitude we have seen from him.

I don't want to see "nice guy" Suh. I want to see the guy that tried to rip Jake Delhomme's head off. Breed that killer instinct. Mold your new teammates into a nasty dominate force.

If he can do that, we will see one of the nastiest D-Lines ever assembled next year, and Jason Jones may find himself as a rotational DT, which is fine too. If he can't do that, this line may melt rather quickly.

Time for my man to stop tweeting his "Suh Squad" and start being the captain of that defense. Tulloch too. Houston too. Those guys have to captain their unit.

Getting lost in this is this sick post. Suh has to be the captain big time. If I'm Schwartz I'm having a father son with this guy in my office for several hours. Not only the fate of these guys but Fairley as well depends on this.

You should have, this guy wanted Chance Warmack at 5. That's desperate, call the suicide hotline.

But that's the problem with fans getting so involved with drafts. They think the so called draft experts have it right so they don't understand when teams (and every team does it) goes in a different direction and skips over a guy. It makes no sense to them because they spent 6 months listening to a guy who is not "in the know" with any of these teams.

I understand trying to guess who a team may take at the top of the first round but after that no one is coming close to guessing correctly. What percentage of mock drafts actually pick the picks correctly....even in the 1st round...how many did any of the draft experts actually predict correctly....especially after the top 10??? Jordan went 3rd...did any draft expert pick that one correctly?

Last edited:

I think the #6 CB is a stretch. Millliner, Trufant, Hayden, might be better. Name the other 2. If its Rhodes and Banks I think your dead wrong. Go watch a few Miss State games from THIS year, and you will agree the best corner on the field was Slay, not Banks. As far as Rhodes goes, Ive heard alot of people refer to him as a safety in the NFL, not a corner. Do we take a chance on a guy in the first round that might have to shift to a position we are set at for the time being?

But that's the problem with fans getting so involved with drafts. They think the so called draft experts have it right so they don't understand when teams (and every team does it) goes in a different direction and skips over a guy. It makes no sense to them because they spent 6 months listening to a guy who is not "in the know" with any of these teams.

I understand trying to guess who a team may take at the top of the first round but after that no one is coming close to guessing correctly. What percentage of mock drafts actually pick the picks correctly....even in the 1st round...how many did any of the draft experts actually predict correctly....especially after the top 10??? Jordan went 3rd...did any draft expert pick that one correctly?

If those ranks were absolute then sure, that's the best way to go. They're purely subjective. You dont know the best combination of players or positions to go. FTW is pretending he does. We grabbed 4 starters, good draft. Win or lose its with those guys. It's a marked change from the BPA fullback wide reciever part time running back future draft, I like it.

Also the second best DE? Jones and Werner both went as would of Ansah, so you're looking at best the 4DE.

Also the second best DE? Jones and Werner both went as would of Ansah, so you're looking at best the 4DE.

thats post injury. Tank was projected as a top 15 pick before his injury when Ansahs name hadnt ever been heard of. If tank is healthy and able to complete a full combine things could have been very different. All speculation obviously but to have an injury like that and still be taken high 2nd round says a lot about the type of player he is.

I barely heard Lojack's name uttered at all by any announcer last year. Did he do much of anything? We have enough role players taking up space on the bench...we need starters. Byesie bye...

I never said I wanted him. I said it was a better pick than Ansah. That's why my post may come off as hostile. You guys don't even follow the argument. Chance Warmack bust ~5%. Chance Ansah bust ~35%.

So you're Mr Analytical...care to share your analytics behind this? Or, you just guessing?

thats post injury. Tank was projected as a top 15 pick before his injury when Ansahs name hadnt ever been heard of. If tank is healthy and able to complete a full combine things could have been very different. All speculation obviously but to have an injury like that and still be taken high 2nd round says a lot about the type of player he is.

Broyles was a first round talent, had a really bad injury and was taken in the second round too. But he's a bum though while Mayhew's an idiot for drafting him, right? lol

Broyles was a first round talent, had a really bad injury and was taken in the second round too. But he's a bum though while Mayhew's an idiot for drafting him, right? lol

Don't try to use any logic here...Broyles is a bum because of his knee, while injury histories for Milliner and Tank don't count.

Shouldnt we let Broyles play more than 1 season before we declare him a bust or a bum? Using that same logic Staff is a bum to.

Mayhew drafted last year like we were going to the f'n Super Bowl, that was my biggest complaint. He himself admitted he overestimated our talent and it sure showed drafting an injured slot reciever in the second and no fulltime starters overall (keep in mind I like Broyles as a player, still hate Leshoure though).

All these offensive skill positions were going to come back to haunt us and they did. Throw in injury history and the picks were ludicrous for a team that (as everyone likes to quote when they give him a pass) was 0-16 a few years ago. This draft went completely different, and apart from a minor meniscus with slay we stayed far away from any injury cases thank you very much and drafted for need. I've stayed pretty consistent on this I would have shit if they took two pup guys, if I never hear the words "injured" and "Lion starter" in the same sentence again it will be too soon. I still think Xanders chlorophormed that bastard till Saturday night, thank god the damage had been done before he woke up, f'd up the Denard pick panicked turned a five into a six and drafted a punter. Now that is the MM I know.

Mayhew drafted last year like we were going to the f'n Super Bowl, that was my biggest complaint. He himself admitted he overestimated our talent and it sure showed drafting an injured slot reciever in the second and no fulltime starters overall (keep in mind I like Broyles as a player, still hate Leshoure though).

All these offensive skill positions were going to come back to haunt us and they did. Throw in injury history and the picks were ludicrous for a team that (as everyone likes to quote when they give him a pass) was 0-16 a few years ago. This draft went completely different, and apart from a minor meniscus with slay we stayed far away from any injury cases thank you very much and drafted for need. I've stayed pretty consistent on this I would have shit if they took two pup guys, if I never hear the words "injured" and "Lion starter" in the same sentence again it will be too soon. I still think Xanders chlorophormed that bastard till Saturday night, thank god the damage had been done before he woke up, f'd up the Denard pick panicked turned a five into a six and drafted a punter. Now that is the MM I know.

God damn, the hate for Broyles here is amazing. He had an injury, ok yeah. So have a lot of players who have gone onto successful careers. Even if he is a slot, there is NOTHING wrong with having a great slot receiver. Don't judge a guy off of one year... As it's been mentioned, Stafford is a bust according to a lot of people here. Maybe if we're lucky we can get Sanchez for him?

Back