Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

marching band not going to dallas?

With Jerry Jones involved I wouldn't doubt if he had Pop Evil do a full halftime show

Funny ... MGoBrian tweeted his indignation about the band not going and the first reply was a guy joking about Pop Evil going in the band's place.

Kyles_Mom.gif

pretty shitty given wll the bucks the tickets are costing and the price increase for seats

you can bet bama band will be there

brandon shoukd be ake to cne uo with money

pretty shitty given wll the bucks the tickets are costing and the price increase for seats

you can bet bama band will be there

brandon shoukd be ake to cne uo with money

Yes, I agree. E shld brn th bnd bsd on sppt thaat te fns give.

i was doing so well...

brandon should be able to come up with the money

angelique tweeted that someone gave the tosu band a 250,000 donation so they could go to austin in 2006

i was doing so well...

brandon should be able to come up with the money

angelique tweeted that someone gave the tosu band a 250,000 donation so they could go to austin in 2006

I'll give them a hundred grand if they allow my family and I down on the field.

Last edited:
here are series of tweets from angelique chengelis:

Spoke to Dave Brandon re: MMB. Said it would cost $400K to transport band (private charters), twice the cost of transporting team to Texas

Brandon re: MMB: . "I would love to have the band there, but the cost is beyond what we can afford" said the $4.7 payout must go to ADept

Brandon is aware of the (YOUR) outrage: "I'm no happier not having our band down there than anyone else, but it's a practical reality."

Brandon: "Bowl game committees will pay the expenses for taking the band, and that's why we always take the band" (@SMH122)

For record, Ohio State band received $225,000 donation to travel to Austin, TX in 2006 and raised another $25 K (ht @Tim_Maysports) FWIW

Michigan statement: "We have not taken our band on similar trips in the past. "

note from ML - they usually use bus for road trips

another tweet back to angelique from a former daily sports writer now involved with Auto week magazine

You know what would be great? To see Brady, Long, Woodson etc, kick in some cash to get their band down to Texas

here are series of tweets from angelique chengelis:

Spoke to Dave Brandon re: MMB. Said it would cost $400K to transport band (private charters), twice the cost of transporting team to Texas

Brandon re: MMB: . "I would love to have the band there, but the cost is beyond what we can afford" said the $4.7 payout must go to ADept

Brandon is aware of the (YOUR) outrage: "I'm no happier not having our band down there than anyone else, but it's a practical reality."

Brandon: "Bowl game committees will pay the expenses for taking the band, and that's why we always take the band" (@SMH122)

For record, Ohio State band received $225,000 donation to travel to Austin, TX in 2006 and raised another $25 K (ht @Tim_Maysports) FWIW

Michigan statement: "We have not taken our band on similar trips in the past. "

note from ML - they usually use bus for road trips

ML you are correct. They usually do use buses for road trips, but that is within the Midwest. This is a lot longer of a ride. In the end it may be the route they take, but having talked to people within the band the MBB feels neglected. They are all using the quote from Bo, "The next time I go into a war, I want my band with me!" (This was after the close loss to Notre Dame, in which, the MMB was not present due to fiscal matters).

another tweet back to angelique from a former daily sports writer now involved with Auto week magazine

You know what would be great? To see Brady, Long, Woodson etc, kick in some cash to get their band down to Texas

That would be awesome. It's time for our very successful NFL players to contribute ;)

Roadtrip!!!!!!!!

Road trip is the way to do it, even if only half the band could make it. If they opened a gas money kickstarter fund to make it easy for all interested parties to chip in, we could even pay for it. Probably won't happen for fear of litigation however.

i wouldn't be surprised if something gets going

there is a twitter campaign #MMBtoDallas going on

Back