Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Maryland Game

Ohhhh,man Im calling it michigan 48 MSU 3. Years of frustration resulting in a pure piss pounding of the Spartans.

I never made it to a softball game, In fact I dont know anyone that did. Its sure fun to play! Ill suggest a Miken Velocite made back in 2002, thats a hot bat!

agreed, it's way more fun to play - I've watched a couple innings of the DePaul women about 20 years ago because I lived a block south of their field. it's more watchable than women's basketball and slightly less watchable than baseball - but I'm not an MLB fan.

personally, I prefer a 30 oz Easton TPS - the white one with black print. Mine is about 20 years old but I can still crush the ball with it.

Last edited:
Saying Bullough/Frey are good starting/backup LBs and saying they suck and don't belong in the conference isn't a small, insignificant difference of opinion - it's way different. being a child is calling someone a child because you don't like being told you're wrong. A petulant child takes his ball and goes home stomping his feet when he doesn't get his way. That's you. Good night.
The only way to for anything to end with you is for you to get the last word. Get your final dig in.

One other shitty thing from this game was blowing the red shirts of Lyke, robertson, and bachie. Those were pretty all injury/ejection relates since we were without Nicholson, bullough, Byron bullough, Evan jones, cooper, cox, miller, reshke, and others. I think Tyson smith and butler may have been hurt too, didn't see them on the field at all.

We made a ton of progress in the run game and took huge steps back as far as discipline and self inflicted wounds. This is not a good football team but they're still capable of winning games like this. You can't miss open receivers, have dumb penalties, drops, not secure the football, etc.

I watched the highlights of the Alabama game, I think their DE or DT ran it in for a TD. I am confident that he is faster than our linebackers. The athletes that Saban has to work with is just unfair. Just on pure talent they are the best team every damn year. Oh and their true freshmen QB is probably the best QB in college football.

Last edited:
I watched the highlights of the Alabama game, I think their DE or DT ran it in for a TD. I am confident that he is faster than our linebackers. The athletes that Saban has to work with is just unfair. Just on pure talent they are the best team every damn year. Oh and their true freshmen QB is probably the best QB in college football.
Saban also said it's better to coach cfb because in the NFL you only get 1 first rounder a year, Saban can get 5 in one recruiting class. They're a different beast. 19pt favorites against the #6 team in the country?

Saban also said it's better to coach cfb because in the NFL you only get 1 first rounder a year, Saban can get 5 in one recruiting class. They're a different beast. 19pt favorites against the #6 team in the country?

Alabama will win it all again. I just don't see how anyone can beat them. You used to be able outscore them if you had a really good offense because they were never a really great offensive team, but that's not the case anymore. Say what you want about Kiffin but the guy is a hell of an offensive coordinator.

On another note, when was the last time you saw 2 of the 3 captains benched in a game? Cox and O'Connor should never see the field again. Bachie played just as good as bullough, if not better. Senior class is awful.

Alabama will win it all again. I just don't see how anyone can beat them. You used to be able outscore them if you had a really good offense because they were never a really great offensive team, but that's not the case anymore. Say what you want about Kiffin but the guy is a hell of an offensive coordinator.

On another note, when was the last time you saw 2 of the 3 captains benched in a game? Cox and O'Connor should never see the field again. Bachie played just as good as bullough, if not better. Senior class is awful.
TOC was hurt, not benched. I believe cox was hurt too. Bachie did he's best but was a deer in the headlights as well.

Bama will win it all most likely. The teams that can beat them always have mobile qb's or they lose of they happen to turn it over 5 times.

Bachie played a hell of a first game. He was around the ball and wasn't missing tackles like our crap D2 lb's.

The only way to for anything to end with you is for you to get the last word. Get your final dig in.

I forgot to mention your other childish tactic. never letting anything die and then accusing me of having to get the last word.

Last edited:
Bachie played a hell of a first game. He was around the ball and wasn't missing tackles like our crap D2 lb's.

he over-pursued or took bad angles once or twice but he's a true freshman and he showed good instincts like you said. when he was in position, which je was as much as any other healthy LB we have, he didn't blow tackles. Riley has gotten way too much name inflation. he and Frey suck. i used to like Frey because he seemed to punch above his weight but now that we need more than cleaning up after a solid d line and the occasional delayed blitz, it's clear he is in over his head.

One other shitty thing from this game was blowing the red shirts of Lyke, robertson, and bachie. Those were pretty all injury/ejection relates since we were without Nicholson, bullough, Byron bullough, Evan jones, cooper, cox, miller, reshke, and others. I think Tyson smith and butler may have been hurt too, didn't see them on the field at all.

We made a ton of progress in the run game and took huge steps back as far as discipline and self inflicted wounds. This is not a good football team but they're still capable of winning games like this. You can't miss open receivers, have dumb penalties, drops, not secure the football, etc.

we played Maryland - minus 3 starters on defense - it's premature to say we made a ton of progress in the run game.

he over-pursued or took bad angles once or twice but he's a true freshman and he showed good instincts like you said. when he was in position, which je was as much as any other healthy LB we have, he didn't blow tackles. Riley has gotten way too much name inflation. he and Frey suck. i used to like Frey because he seemed to punch above his weight but now that we need more than cleaning up after a solid d line and the occasional delayed blitz, it's clear he is in over his head.

Couldn't agree more. If Riley Bullough did not have the last name Bullough he would be another player on this horseshit defense. If I'm Dantonio he's not starting the Michigan game this week. He doesn't deserve it one bit based on the shit he pulled on Saturday night.

Also cut your fucking hair, you're not Clay Matthews.

we played Maryland - minus 3 starters on defense - it's premature to say we made a ton of progress in the run game.

We had the most rushing yardage in any game this season, about double what we had against NW and BYU combined, I call that progress. I like the progression of Tyler Higby and Thiyo Lukusa, I think those guys make us a lot better now and for the future. Beadle looks to be out a while and I don't really need to see Miguel Machado out there again, but it's nice to see a true freshman out there on the OL holding his own. Brian Allen looked good pulling and squaring blockers up, Benny McGowan looked decent as well. We didn't convert on a few key run plays, stopped on that 3rd down in the 1st quarter, etc, but the ground game was more than good enough to win unless you fumble on the 5, drop a TD pass, and miss two wide open receivers on passes of 7 yards or less that could have gone the distance. That progress is nice, doesn't mean that we will rush for 50 yards against Michigan though. Regardless, this was a positive step for the ground game.

We had the most rushing yardage in any game this season, about double what we had against NW and BYU combined, I call that progress. I like the progression of Tyler Higby and Thiyo Lukusa, I think those guys make us a lot better now and for the future. Beadle looks to be out a while and I don't really need to see Miguel Machado out there again, but it's nice to see a true freshman out there on the OL holding his own. Brian Allen looked good pulling and squaring blockers up, Benny McGowan looked decent as well. We didn't convert on a few key run plays, stopped on that 3rd down in the 1st quarter, etc, but the ground game was more than good enough to win unless you fumble on the 5, drop a TD pass, and miss two wide open receivers on passes of 7 yards or less that could have gone the distance. That progress is nice, doesn't mean that we will rush for 50 yards against Michigan though. Regardless, this was a positive step for the ground game.

yeah they played better, everybody sees that. But we likely could have had the same result if we played Maryland in mid-September in which case subsequent games would look like they were regressing. So some of this has to do with the sequence of the schedule, and sequence alone isn't an indicator of progress. Until they can demonstrate a consistently improved running game, it's more of an outlier, at best a step in the right direction than "a ton of progress".

Couldn't agree more. If Riley Bullough did not have the last name Bullough he would be another player on this horseshit defense. If I'm Dantonio he's not starting the Michigan game this week. He doesn't deserve it one bit based on the shit he pulled on Saturday night.

Also cut your fucking hair, you're not Clay Matthews.

I don't follow recruiting that closely but I wonder if his scholarship was more of a birthright than merit based - he was a 3 star athlete, nothing special and obviously not one of the 3 stars diamonds in the rough like Greg Jones or Jerel Worthy.

And yeah, he needs to cut his hair - the only way you can tell he's in the game is because there's one more guy with long hair hanging out of his helmet like a giant douche, you certainly don't notice him for his play.

Last edited:
yeah they played better, everybody sees that. But we likely could have had the same result if we played Maryland in mid-September in which case subsequent games would look like they were regressing. So some of this has to do with the sequence of the schedule, and sequence alone isn't an indicator of progress. Until they can demonstrate a consistently improved running game, it's more of an outlier, at best a step in the right direction than "a ton of progress".

If we played them a few weeks ago we would have been playing Beadle and Machado more than Higby and Lukusa.

If we played them a few weeks ago we would have been playing Beadle and Machado more than Higby and Lukusa.

and Beadle and Machado could have blocked MD's line better, too. It's one game against a bad team. It's not clear that this is actual progress and not just circumstances. Maybe it is but I think it's too early to tell.

OT: MSU is the wounded animal in the corner and Michigan better respect that. I would think it does.

Back