Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miami TE Cam McCormick granted ninth year of eligibility

Cam

Cam’tn Crunch
Administrator
Nashville Sounds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Nashville Kats
Pittsburgh Steelers
Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Rays
Nashville SC
Vanderbilt Commodores
Miami tight end Cam McCormick confirmed Thursday he'd be returning to play for the Hurricanes in 2024 -- his ninth season of college football.

McCormick, who began his career at Oregon in 2016, missed significant parts of four different seasons due to injury, which along with his redshirt year and the COVID year of 2020 allowed him to petition the NCAA for an unprecedented ninth season of eligibility.

McCormick announced his return on X, formerly Twitter, on Thursday with the tagline "the pursuit of excellence has no goal line," calling 2024 his "last ride."Miami tight end Cam McCormick confirmed Thursday he'd be returning to play for the Hurricanes in 2024 -- his ninth season of college football.

McCormick, who began his career at Oregon in 2016, missed significant parts of four different seasons due to injury, which along with his redshirt year and the COVID year of 2020 allowed him to petition the NCAA for an unprecedented ninth season of eligibility.

McCormick announced his return on X, formerly Twitter, on Thursday with the tagline "the pursuit of excellence has no goal line," calling 2024 his "last ride."

Source: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-cam-mccormick-granted-ninth-year-eligibility

Nine years of eligibility? Collegiate athletics has gotten pretty crazy!

You'd think that players in their late 20s would lose interest in playing college football. Then I think of my own father, who, because of World War II, didn't start college until he was 24. And then he played four years of college football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cam
By the time his college career ends he?ll have become the first college athlete to post on twitter/X under its third nominal incarnation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cam
at every college there was always those guys still hanging around for years.

They usually had the same or similar dubious stories about "just needing one more credit to graduate" or "just need to turn in my final paper"... usually they were ex-frat brothers. Fraternities were the only place on campus you could kinda stick around without looking like a complete moron, because they'd tolerate that sort of thing.

I guess statistically it makes sense there would eventually be a football player like that.

at every college there was always those guys still hanging around for years.

They usually had the same or similar dubious stories about "just needing one more credit to graduate" or "just need to turn in my final paper"... usually they were ex-frat brothers. Fraternities were the only place on campus you could kinda stick around without looking like a complete moron, because they'd tolerate that sort of thing.

I guess statistically it makes sense there would eventually be a football player like that.
I went to college for 3 years, Social Work, decided it wasn't for me. Went to Schoolcraft for a 2 years. Changed to Marketing went back to a different University, hardly anything transfered - 4.5 years later I graduated. It happens. Took a long while my grades were always good but 10 years..

I went to college for 3 years, Social Work, decided it wasn't for me. Went to Schoolcraft for a 2 years. Changed to Marketing went back to a different University, hardly anything transfered - 4.5 years later I graduated. It happens. Took a long while my grades were always good but 10 years..

Did the younger chicks find you hot because you were older? Or were they like "Ewww why is this creepy old guy still here?"

Back