Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Franz Wagner is on a plane heading to AA right now. This is going to be a jacked up visit for him.

We may lose Jalen Wilson. 247 is starting to put in some crystal balls (where they think a recruit will end up) for Kansas now.

Awesome.

The short term is going to suck. I would much rather Manuel take his time and get this hire right and risk losing a few guys this year. If he rushes and picks someone like Porter just to keep some recruits happy, it could ruin this program.

But I'm with others on this thread. Roll out the trucks for Donovan. Tell him he can have whatever the hell he wants.

The short term is going to suck. I would much rather Manuel take his time and get this hire right and risk losing a few guys this year. If he rushes and picks someone like Porter just to keep some recruits happy, it could ruin this program.

But I'm with others on this thread. Roll out the trucks for Donovan. Tell him he can have whatever the hell he wants.

Works for me. He sure would be a nice hire.

A nicer hire would be Jay Wright, but he is king in Philly. More money may not be worth it to him. UCLA tried and failed, but coaching in California is a short lifespan. Many coaches ran for cover when UCLA came calling. Michigan is better for the heart than other high end jobs, so we may have a chance at a really good hire.

A nicer hire would be Jay Wright, but he is king in Philly. More money may not be worth it to him. UCLA tried and failed, but coaching in California is a short lifespan. Many coaches ran for cover when UCLA came calling. Michigan is better for the heart than other high end jobs, so we may have a chance at a really good hire.

That wouldn't be a nicer hire. That would be the all time, grand slam hire. But, it's not happening.

I have this really, really gross feeling that Manuel decides he needs someone to be super clean and not ruffle feathers and we will end up with Porter Moser.

Jalen Wilson is out. Probably going to Kansas.

Yay.

He still has to wait for Michigan to release him. Because remember it is the school you are signing up for and not the coach lol.. I am sure Michigan will release him just unsure when.

He still has to wait for Michigan to release him. Because remember it is the school you are signing up for and not the coach lol.. I am sure Michigan will release him just unsure when.

True, but that's just a matter of when not if.

Wilson wants to come to Michigan. If we hire the right coach, and hopefully keep the assistants espically the one that recruited Wilson the most, and he may comeback to Michigan. Wilson’s mother is a Michigan grad , and he was named after Jalen Rose. So I think we can still get him hopefully.

Cole Bajema is sticking with MIchigan per his own twitter

Jalen Wilson is still floating, going to visit UNC and Kansas. He says Michigan is in the mix.

That puts us at 3 empty scholarships, correct?

Somehow I think players like this will be more prevalent in The Howard Epoch.

uh oh. the "old crank" portion of our fanbase isn't going to like this.

back in their day, nobody left school early to make millions in the NBA.

uh oh. the "old crank" portion of our fanbase isn't going to like this.

back in their day, nobody left school early to make millions in the NBA.

Those who could, did. Earvin Johnson, Larry Bird, Webber, Rose, Howard, Tarpley, Crawford ?

Another 2020 offer went out today. 4-Star Jabri Abdur-Rahim.

Abdur-Rahim is ranked 41st nationally per 247 Sports Composite and is one of the best scorers on the Nike EYBL circuit. He’s averaging 25.2 points, eight rebounds and two assists per game on the Nike EYBL circuit this summer.

If he goes, I guess we will have to deal with it

There is still a lot of talent on the roster, at least according to how they were ranked coming out of high school.

I think last I looked, without Wilson, they'll still have 9 players that were 4 stars and Teske and Nunez who were 3 stars.

Howard has thrown out a few more offers to highly ranked 2020 players.

If he goes, I guess we will have to deal with it

There is still a lot of talent on the roster, at least according to how they were ranked coming out of high school.

I think last I looked, without Wilson, they'll still have 9 players that were 4 stars and Teske and Nunez who were 3 stars.

Howard has thrown out a few more offers to highly ranked 2020 players.

No doubt. Hopefully JH can bring them up another level. I think Casleton will be improve with another year on strength gaining. I am excited that the group is talented. It?s not like Howard isn?t a good teacher. Plus he is a big. It has to help all of our Bigs. Who knows maybe a last push will get Wilson !

Back