Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan vs Wisconsin BTT championship

I'm not finding it anywhere else yet, but according to wikipedia - and their Big 10 Tournament Championship page seems accurate as far as I can tell - Walton was named the MVP.

I'm not finding it anywhere else yet, but according to wikipedia - and their Big 10 Tournament Championship page seems accurate as far as I can tell - Walton was named the MVP.

Walton played his ass off those 4 games. Shades of Kemba Walker in 2011.

We still. Cant rebound worth shit lol. But I guess I was wrong.
He can stay. Need a top recruit though. That would be cool!!!
I hope Mo Bamba has been paying attention to what a skilled big man can do in this offense.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

For some damn reason, it will always be known as the fab 5 scandal, but it was those 3 dipshits that brought down Michigan basketball.
Juwan, Jalen, Jimmy, and Ray got caught doing jack shit. C-Webb, Mo Taylor, Bullock, and Tractor were the players.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So I guess we can agree not quite time to get rid of beilein yet? Haha

Couldn't watch the game today (hate being stuck working Sundays), but I still do not agree with a lot of Beilein's philosophies. I'm as happy as anybody with the turnaround, and very proud of the team and the entire coaching staff for winning this tourney. I still would like to see a change though. I'm probably in the minority with that opinion now, but that's ok.

I haven't been a Beilein fan for years so it's not really that surprising I suppose.

Couldn't watch the game today (hate being stuck working Sundays), but I still do not agree with a lot of Beilein's philosophies. I'm as happy as anybody with the turnaround, and very proud of the team and the entire coaching staff for winning this tourney. I still would like to see a change though. I'm probably in the minority with that opinion now, but that's ok.

I haven't been a Beilein fan for years so it's not really that surprising I suppose.

Well, there is still the question of why this team needed a turn-around, but today we are happy. There will be plenty of time for that type of discussion.

Yeah I wanted him gone after the Ohio st game . I was wrong. they finally started playing defense a bit and competing after OSU game.. Still wish we would rebound better and although the last two games we were out rebounded we are giving a ton of effort. Maybe if the assistant coach stays who has helped with defense we will get even better next sesson ...jb needs to get more dynamic freshmen, and hopfully winning btt championship will help.

Last edited:
Dakich just picked Duke and Michigan in the final. He said my son is in the team and I'm picking Michigan to win it all. Lol..

I don't like 3 happy offenses. I just don't. I think it's gimmicky and honestly a weak way to play the game. To me Beilein is similar to RichRod, but he actually has some success to show for it so I tolerate him. When we're winning sure I'll be happy, but I do not think it's a style that can win you a championship. You can go on hot streaks during a game, or even for a few weeks, but you're going to get buried by more physical teams eventually. We've seen it happen time and time again over the years. Even the year we made it to the national title game, we needed a miracle 3 from Burke just to get out of the sweet 16. Then Louisville destroyed us in the paint. Kentucky was the same thing the year after.

This is not something new for me. I have not liked Beilein for a long time. Hell of a nice man, and he's done great things for the university and those kids, but I would love to see a fresh face in there. Tired of getting our asses kicked on the boards every single year. It's one of the most important facets of the game, and Beilein treats it like he doesn't give a damn. Rebounds = possessions = more points for you and less for them. I don't know why he doesn't prepare his players in this area.

Again I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm sticking by my opinion. I'll be rooting for some more magic starting Friday like everybody else :)

I don't like 3 happy offenses. I just don't. I think it's gimmicky and honestly a weak way to play the game. To me Beilein is similar to RichRod, but he actually has some success to show for it so I tolerate him. When we're winning sure I'll be happy, but I do not think it's a style that can win you a championship. You can go on hot streaks during a game, or even for a few weeks, but you're going to get buried by more physical teams eventually. We've seen it happen time and time again over the years. Even the year we made it to the national title game, we needed a miracle 3 from Burke just to get out of the sweet 16. Then Louisville destroyed us in the paint. Kentucky was the same thing the year after.

This is not something new for me. I have not liked Beilein for a long time. Hell of a nice man, and he's done great things for the university and those kids, but I would love to see a fresh face in there. Tired of getting our asses kicked on the boards every single year. It's one of the most important facets of the game, and Beilein treats it like he doesn't give a damn. Rebounds = possessions = more points for you and less for them. I don't know why he doesn't prepare his players in this area.

Again I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm sticking by my opinion. I'll be rooting for some more magic starting Friday like everybody else :)

At the risk of sounding like a condescending prick, did you even watch the NCAA tourney last year? Villanova and Michigan were almost mirrored statistically on offense. Villanova didn't even finish in the top 200 in rebounding. The game has evolved beyond trotting a 7 footer out, parking him in the paint, and guaranteeing 25 wins.

Last edited:

Damn man...enjoy the victory! And beilein stuff aside, in 2013 they beat the #3 team in the country "just to get out of the sweet 16". Trying to disparage that run borders on the ridiculous.

Damn man...enjoy the victory! And beilein stuff aside, in 2013 they beat the #3 team in the country "just to get out of the sweet 16". Trying to disparage that run borders on the ridiculous.

also, the Louisville kid who won MVP of the championship game against us was like 5 for 5 from 3, and single-handedly shot his team back into it.

and JB is nothing like RR on or off the field. come on 06!

also, the Louisville kid who won MVP of the championship game against us was like 5 for 5 from 3, and single-handedly shot his team back into it.

and JB is nothing like RR on or off the field. come on 06!

Just checked the box score, Louisville only outscored UM by 6 in the paint, 34-28. And I'd have to believe a good chunk of those points came from Siva slicing through the lane, not because their bigs beat up UM's.

There are numerous reasons why the JB/RR comparison is poor, but the most recent is huge. RR's defense sucked so he hired a new coordinator, but then tells him what to do. JB's defense sucks so he hires a new "coordinator" and gives him more control than he's ever given an assistant. Complaints with the philosophy are completely understandable, but there's no reason to shit on it when it works, especially when the points are so poorly thought out.

I have been a noted Beilein-dissapointed(er) fan over the last year or so. It just looked like this program was stuck in the mud and grew stale.

Somehow, they transformed themselves over a month time and look like a very good team all of a sudden. I have to give the man a ton of credit. Even if they bow out early and I don't expect them to get past Louisville, this was awesome and I won't forget it.

Back