Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MLB eliminates 42 MiLB farm teams Now MLB tells teams to provide housing for MiLB

IMO, it's a good blog during the season, but it hasn't been very good this off season. Her article about baseball dropping the ball during the "quarantine" was laughable.

My basement reference was a joke...or a comparison of one person being able to write a blog from anywhere vs. MLB trying to put a production together in a city that is under lockdown.

Yes .. my first impression was basically what you just revealed.

Sometimes I cannot believe Holly writes some of the things she writes .. but still must admit even when she does .. she writes it very well.

My son writes for FanGraphs and he writes it from his basement. He still is a CPA by day.

I have a job that has always allowed me the luxury to occasionally work from home, even weeks at a time. This lock down in New York has changed very little for me and my co-workers.

TT is far better than BYB for blog sites. I cannot stand reading anything written by Rob Rogacki, yet, others enjoy his writings. To each, their own.

Last edited:
https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2...rus-the-houston-plan-rob-manfred-pat-o-conner
Minor league owners are at a tipping point.
The minor league season was supposed to start in a couple of weeks and it’s time for MiLB owners to commit to paying their stadium workers during the shutdown.
BTB

Hard to feel sorry for the MiLB owners at this point in time when so many small business owners who actually depend upon their local customers to support their families.

Here in Northern Lower Michigan .. its bad enough that those who depend upon plowing and/or skiers barely had snow this year. Now they will feel the extra pinch of a very bleak summer economy.

Priorities of life .. of which baseball is a luxury .. in which I am grateful.

Last edited:

If the fans of those teams that are to be contracted love baseball enough it would be financially feasible to create a new independent league. I really doubt that is the case though.

I honestly don't think that it's the owner's greed that is the reason for contraction. I think they have figured out that they don't need 175 minor league players for each major league team to feed the ML club.

If the fans of those teams that are to be contracted love baseball enough it would be financially feasible to create a new independent league. I really doubt that is the case though.

I honestly don't think that it's the owner's greed that is the reason for contraction. I think they have figured out that they don't need 175 minor league players for each major league team to feed the ML club.

Can't have it both ways. The cost for 150-175 MiLB players is so much less costly than say one, two, or three ML players at the minimum salary.

Just cut out the short season of class A. And rookie advanced league. Those league don't make much sense. Why rookie and rookie advanced?

Can't have it both ways. The cost for 150-175 MiLB players is so much less costly than say one, two, or three ML players at the minimum salary.

I think what they have figured out is the odds that some of these 30th-40th round players ever make it is so small, there is no point in even drafting them and having basically an entire team full of players that will never contribute.

Back