Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU -3 be Oregon

Big win.

I felt we didn't play a great game, but we were able to win. Oregon is so tough.

Great game. We caught some breaks but also left some plays on the field. This team will go as far as Cook takes them. He will have to play great to beat OSU.

We are not overly talented and very conservative on play calls. OSU faltered a bit today but they move the ball much easier than we do. We have a choppy, uncertain offense with no real big play makers. A few in the making and hopefully a few recruits will follow suit with a commitment because of the win and the atmosphere at Spartan Stadium.

Last edited:
Calhoun limped off with a little power but Copeland is a mystery. Frey played great and inspired ball, wow I really wasnt aware of him before tonight.

Not his best? He was dreadful.

A star is born tonight. LJ Scott is a grown man.

Cook was 20-32 for 192 yards, 2 TDs and an INT that was because the receiver broke off the route. He was pretty good.

LJ Scott though is basically Le'Veon Bell at the same stage. He's a man.

We are 5-1 in our last 6 games vs top 10 teams!!!! That is absolutely unheard of.

28-3 in our last 31 games.

Cook was 20-32 for 192 yards, 2 TDs and an INT that was because the receiver broke off the route. He was pretty good.

LJ Scott though is basically Le'Veon Bell at the same stage. He's a man.

He was horrible in the 4th qtr

I know it's far out, but the game @ Ohio State may be one of the biggest games in some years.

Our season will not be defined by tonight's win, it will be defined by how much we improve after tonight. We obviously have a lot of work to do.

Gotta say, I am a big fan of both our backs. Having each keeps the other more fresh and they can just wear out defenses. Cook still seems like a wild card, but I am not arguing with the results.

Our season will not be defined by tonight's win, it will be defined by how much we improve after tonight. We obviously have a lot of work to do.

Cook is still broken mechanically in my opinion. Burbridge and Kings are two really reliable receivers. I think there are a lot of weapons on this team I just hope they put it all together. Having one of the best O-lines will surely help. (Any word on Kieler?)

I hope Copeland isn't out for the season, he is our best corner with Cox slightly behind. After that it's a huge drop off. Calghoun (spelling?) and Hicks are bad.

Cook is still broken mechanically in my opinion. Burbridge and Kings are two really reliable receivers. I think there are a lot of weapons on this team I just hope they put it all together. Having one of the best O-lines will surely help. (Any word on Kieler?)

I hope Copeland isn't out for the season, he is our best corner with Cox slightly behind. After that it's a huge drop off. Calghoun (spelling?) and Hicks are bad.

Kieler's injury looked like an ACL. I doubt he comes back this year. Copeland, I am not sure, may have been poked in the eye, Didn't appear to be a lower body injury.

I thought a lot of players shined tonight. Copeland, McDowell, Calhoun, Fry, Nicholson, Wiloliamson, and Harris on D. Kings, Burbridge, our RBs, and Jack Allen on O.

We are 5-1 in our last 6 games vs top 10 teams!!!! That is absolutely unheard of.

28-3 in our last 31 games.

One of the reasons we are only 2nd to OSU for top dual football/basketball university in the country.:bat::nod:

Swanigan gave us the chance to contend for that right. Going to be a little tougher to take the reigns from them.

Last edited:
I'm so fucking happy tonight, best nonconference non bowl win of my lifetime without a doubt

Back