Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

He was at Duke the next night. They've really started to push for him.

I think that the Deyonta Davis angle is way overblown, I put our chances with Swanigan at about 20%

I think that the Deyonta Davis angle is way overblown, I put our chances with Swanigan at about 20%

Anytime I see Duke or UK going hard on a recruit we're pursuing I just move along to the next. We just continue to lose out to those guys.

Anytime I see Duke or UK going hard on a recruit we're pursuing I just move along to the next. We just continue to lose out to those guys.

Exactly, somehow they can pull them and we have tough time. If we dont get some top notch guys its several years of basketball mediocrity to come...

Kentucky just picked up the #1 center for 2015 Skal Labissiere

that might impact the swanigan recruiment

UK also picked up the top PG for 2015, Isaih Briscoe

ITs great to see 5 star recruits battling to get a starting position since there are 5 other 5star recruits on the floor as starters. Seriously what other player other than a paid player is going to be one of the best at their position in a the country and sit out and battle for position and starting time? How is this guy not being thoroughly investigated again??

In the case of UK, youre competing with a program that is paying players. Duke gets a lot of top guys but Coach K runs a clean program just like Izzo. I hate to sound like Andy Rooney complaining about UK but Id wager a grip of cash that Calipari landing 20 5 star guys in a few years is NOT ABOVE BOARD, Somehow,some way he is bending the rules to get these guys. I understand the "1 and done" promise to get players to the NBA as a method of winning a NC and getting a bunch of commitments.However, the argument loses its clout when you consider many 5 star guys are going to sit the bench and have no chance of going in 1 year or even 2 years. Cheater!

Last edited:
The NBA drafts talent whether it's sitting the bench or not. Daniel Orton didn't play a ton in his one year at UK and got drafted. I think this year's crop of UK freshmen when they signed on probably all figured that Cauley-Stein, Poythress, and/or the Harrison twins would not still be at UK.

The thing UK has going right now is they can usually promise immediate playing time which soon enough leads to the NBA paycheck if the players are as good as the recruiting analysts say. I think those players are trying to have their cake and eat it too. Make the NBA as quickly as possible but try to do something memorable during their short time in college. The only way to do that is for a bunch of them to try and band together to make a run at it in Year One.

Last edited:
Brian Bowen is as close to a MSU lock as there is. Draymond Green is his mentor.

I remember hearing the same thing about Chris Webber when I was in college - from people who know Magic "Magic talks to him all the time, he's recruited him hard, Webber is a lock for MSU..."

Last edited:
I remember hearing the same thing about Chris Webber when I was in college - from people who know Magic "Magic talks to him all the time, he's recruited him hard, Webber is a lock for MSU..."

As of right now it looks likes hes a heavy lean but never underestimate Duke or Cheatucky

Well if we don't get him, I think I'd rather see him pick duke over Michigan. Kid looks like a perfect fit with Beilein's offense.

You dont go to a chinese restaurant for pizza because if youve ever tried pizza at a chinese buffet, it sucks. If you want to win the choice is obvious, Duke or MSU.

Last edited:
You dont go to a chinese restaurant for pizza because if youve ever tried pizza at a chinese buffet, it sucks. If you want to win the choice is obvious, Duke or MSU.

Come on S...
That is a little disingenuous for what JB has done at Michigan.. JB may be a tad different from Izzo and Coach K.
But he has turned Michigan around and into a winning program again... Plus he has put a few guys into the
NBA also the last few years...

2007–08 Michigan 10–22 5–13 T–9th
2008–09 Michigan 21–14 9–9 T–7th NCAA Second Round
2009–10 Michigan 15–17 7–11 T–7th
2010–11 Michigan 21–14 9–9 T–4th NCAA Third Round
2011–12 Michigan 24–10 13–5 T–1st NCAA Second Round
2012–13 Michigan 31–8 12–6 T–4th NCAA Runner-up
2013–14 Michigan 28–9 15–3 1st NCAA Elite Eight
2014–15 Michigan 13–11...

Last edited:
Back