Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Matt Allen committed today and will follow his brothers to MSU. My bet is Allen's status as a recruit blows up like his brother's did when he hits the summer camps. Brian Allen was dominant at The Opening.

Also, 4 star all purpose back Chris Evans was offered today and is expected to committ next month on his vist. Messiah DeWeaver should be in the gold by then.

Last edited:
Matt Allen committed today and will follow his brothers to MSU. My bet is Allen's status as a recruit blows up like his brother's did when he hits the summer camps. Brian Allen was dominant at The Opening.

Also, 4 star all purpose back Chris Evans was offered today and is expected to committ next month on his vist. Messiah DeWeaver should be in the gold by then.

Evans will most likely commit, we are his best offer. 1200 rushing yards and 600 receiving his Jr year. I figure hed most likey be a wide out but who knows. If they can play as well as Jack has we are getting a gift.

Last edited:
2016 MI WR Donnie Corley was on an unofficial visit last night, he rode up with his parents and one of his best friends Keyonta Stallworth and was seen in the stands with Tyriq Thompson, and Shilique Calhoun. Corley has visited several times, I think it's a 2 team battle with Ohio State and us, with Notre Dame being the dark horse.

Corley has visited MSU over a dozen times.

OT Michael Jordan and his parents were also on campus this week and his dad really loves Coach Dantonio. Jordan was quoted at an OSU event last week that Michigan State and Ohio State were tied for the lead with him.

Last edited:
Clint Brewer is reporting that we are far out in from for the #1 player in Indiana in DE Auston Robertson, he's a top 100 player.

4 star Indiana receiver Austen Mack is visiting us again this month too.

We're head to head with Ohio State for several DEs, but they are filling up, the already have two committed and Joey Bosa's little brother will make 3. I think Robertson is ours to lose regardless, but Josh King could fall into our laps too. That's good in that we would be getting a top 50 player, bad in that Ohio State will land 3 guys rated higher than King. Khalid Kareem is also still a heavy MSU lean.

King, Robertson, and Kareen would be a crazy good DE class.

I don't want to start a new thread so I'll throw it in here. Does anyone other than Bullough and Dantonio know why he was suspended? With the Randy Gregory news today that crossed my mind. I thought it would come out by now.

Big day for recruiting on campus today, some big time targets.

OH WR Justin Layne is making his 7th visit to MSU, the top 100 WR is an MSU lean.

Detroit safety Demtric Vance is also an MSU lean and on campus.

DT Michael Onwenu is also visiting, but will probably need to camp at MSU to earn an offer.

Alaric Jackson is a target at OT and I think he goes Green eventually.

4/5 Star Texas LB Dontavius Jackson is visiting although it's unlikely he leaves the state of Texas for school

Texas DB Chris Brown is at MSU and will likely get an offer today

Several other 16' and 17' recruits will also be in attendance.

I think Vance, Layne, and Alaric Jackson all end up committing this Spring.

there has been rumors about Corley leaning toward UM or Tennessee, but MSU is still very much in it and possibly leading. there's talk about Messiah Deweaver, Austin Mack, and Donnie Corley talking about all playing together at MSU

there has been rumors about Corley leaning toward UM or Tennessee, but MSU is still very much in it and possibly leading. there's talk about Messiah Deweaver, Austin Mack, and Donnie Corley talking about all playing together at MSU

I think DeWeaver, Layne, and Robertson commit at the Spring game. Corley is going to take his time, but Ohio State is our biggest competition for him, he already almost committed there on a visit, and Mack is an Ohio State lean. Notre Dame is our biggest competition for Robertson, but I think he's set on coming to MSU. I think Demetric Vance commits this month too.

2017 WR Hunter Rison was offered recently, it's just a matter of time until he commits. KId has been tearing up the 7 on 7 circuit. Going to be a high 4 star top 100 player. Elite speed, elite route running, elite hands, and elite genetics(Dad is Andre).

Messiah Deweaver will announce 4/29, good thing that it's after the green and white game

Several recruits are close to pulling the trigger, I think by this time next week we could have 3-4 new commits. DC area RB Abdul Adams might be the first. QB Messiah DeWeaver will commit Wednesday. Austen Robertson and Justin Layne are strong candidates to pull the trigger at the Spring Game.

Last edited:
Fyi kentucky picked up a qb commitment for 2016 and they were supposed to be our bug competition for deweaver

Messiah DeWeaver commits.

Really a nice prospect who is a smart kid too.

Also good friends with Austen Robertson and Justin Layne.

We just landed the #1 RB on our board, DC's Abdul Adams. Just won MVP of the Mid Atlantic The Opening camp. Offers from Georgia, ND, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Florida, and over 20 others.

He's the reason we didn't offer some in state RBs.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1857539/highlights/204029391/v2

As I've said before, I am in no way qualified to evaluate high school football film, but DAYEM! The cutting ability, vision, and acceleration looks elite.

Last edited:
Goes without saying but landing Corley and Layne would be nails. Both guys are 6-3 and Corley could play both sides of the ball much like Lippett.:rush::bat:

Goes without saying but landing Corley and Layne would be nails. Both guys are 6-3 and Corley could play both sides of the ball much like Lippett.:rush::bat:

Yeah, I think Layne pops this weekend or soon after. Corley is a battle with Ohio State, he was close to committing there a couple months ago.

Hearing another commitment was made tonight, not sure who. Guessing Layne.

Edit: hearing that 3 or more recruits are ready to commit this weekend.

Last edited:
Back