Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Hearing that we have at least 2 silent commits right now. Guessing Andrews and Morris.

Daelin Hayes has visited MSU 4 or 5 times this Spring, he's a USC commit.

A lot of MSU crystal balls coming in for Penn State CB commit Levert Hill.

Messiah DeWeaver was invited to the Rivals 5 Star Challenge, if you're into rankings this could be a chance for Messiah to really improve his. Last year 21 of the top 25 rivals players were at this event. Win MVP of the QBs (Only 6 or 7 are even invited) and you could be looking at 5 star status according to Rivals. DeWeaver has certainly blown up recently on the camp trail. He's been invited to this event, will be at the Opening, and the national Elite 11 QB camp too.

Apparently he's grown a couple inches and really filled out his frame, this has had the effect of dramatically increasing his arm strength which is now seen as elite or near elite. Scouts have already loved his decision making, accuracy, and leadership.

We just need Corley, Robertson and King to sign. They all seem to be right there....but waitng.....waiting.....Weve got a top 25 class and technically behind Western Michigan until those guys sign :)

Big day today for recruiting. Andrews and Morris are on campus, and Donnie Corley has been tweeting he's about ready to decide and he is making a surprise visit to MSU today.

Demetric Vance announcing tomorrow and is at MSU today.

Also, another surprise visitor today is PSU commit Levert Hill who it has been rumored might flip to the good guys.

Last edited:
Big day today for recruiting. Andrews and Morris are on campus, and Donnie Corley has been tweeting he's about ready to decide and he is making a surprise visit to MSU today.

Demetric Vance announcing tomorrow and is at MSU today.

Also, another surprise visitor today is PSU commit Levert Hill who it has been rumored might flip to the good guys.

big news on Hill, he's always maintained he's 100% to PSU but maybe he'll Swanigan for us

big news on Hill, he's always maintained he's 100% to PSU but maybe he'll Swanigan for us

Cam Chambers, Justin Layne, and Messiah are strongly hinting at a huge few days for MSU Football. I think our class grows by 4-6 this week.

Last edited:
Jonah Morris commits. He was recruited to play LB. Elite speed for a safety much less LB.

Also think one of the King players may have committed, Coach D tweeted something about adding another one #Crusaders. The Crusaders are King's mascot. Corley or Hill.

Jonah Morris commits. He was recruited to play LB. Elite speed for a safety much less LB.

Also think one of the King players may have committed, Coach D tweeted something about adding another one #Crusaders. The Crusaders are King's mascot. Corley or Hill.

I thought Morris committed last week. Come on DC, AR, JK just commit.....:bat:

I thought Morris committed last week. Come on DC, AR, JK just commit.....:bat:

Morris did commit, but then the coaches told him to wait until he visits to make it official.

Corley is very close to committing IMO. Robertson is announcing June 7th, Josh King wants to announce before the end of summer. The Levert Hill situation is promising and if I had to bet, he would be the next big name 4 star commitment.

Demetric Vance is announcing at 11am today and is a heavy MSU lean.

Last edited:
Demetric Vance commits. Offers from OSU, UM, PSU, Nebraska, Pitt, Tennessee etc etc

I know he wasn't plan A OSU but it's always big to beat them for a kid

Think about this, we are 4-0 vs UM in recruiting this cycle so far. Not one player they have a commitment from has an MSU offer and 4 of ours have Um offers. Harbaughmania isn't selling.

We might not be done getting commitments today. Kenny Lyke might announce tomorrow, if he does we are his leader.

Edit: Lyke is delaying his commitment date, It's a 2 team battle with ND.

I'm still hearing we are getting another one and people seem to think it could be Donnie Corley.

Last edited:
Well Johhny if you want to really dig into it:
3/10 of your recruits are 4 stars.
4/6 of Michigan's recruits are 4 stars
The ratio is tad better right now for M.

I don't get caught up into the recruiting game because it's downright silly, but your first statement is pretty off-base about not selling.

Last edited:
Well Johhny if you want to really dig into it:
3/10 of your recruits are 4 stars.
4/6 of Michigan's recruits are 4 stars
The ratio is tad better right now for M.

I don't get caught up into the recruiting game because it's downright silly, but your first statement is pretty off-base about not selling.

Admit it, you're shocked that Harbaugh hasn't come out stronger on the recruiting trail, after all, Brady Hoke killed it in his first few months. New big name coaches at traditional regional programs like UM generally step in and crush recruiting the 1st 6 months, look at what Franklin did at Penn State and that was with the built in handicap of showcasing showers that were used to rape children. He's basically struck out so far.

And it's just precious that UM fans now pretend to think crootin is silly when they've lived and died by how starry the nerds at Rivals thought their new recruits were for decades. We know for a fact winning recruiting battles is what Walmarters like yourself live for, there's no fooling anyone.

No, because I don't get into following football recruiting at all. There's just too many kids, too many variables. He's doing fine.

Not really. Statistically, you aren't winning the recruiting battle. You guys are piling on 3 star kids. It's fine, because you guys have won with them, but your recruiting isn't suddenly getting amazing. It's not bad.

Last edited:
as for Michigan recruiting, it remains to be seen. are they missing out on 4 star and above guys that they really want or are they passing on some of the prima donna kids that they coveted in the past? it remains to be seen really. I will say they are better off as a program without the Mike Webber types

as for Michigan recruiting, it remains to be seen. are they missing out on 4 star and above guys that they really want or are they passing on some of the prima donna kids that they coveted in the past? it remains to be seen really. I will say they are better off as a program without the Mike Webber types

To be honest, I think that Harbaugh will end up recruiting more of those 3 stars with chips on their shoulder than Hoke did and UM football will be better in the long run because of it. Hoke was a star gazer and brought in a seemingly endless supply of soft prima donnas.

To be honest, I think that Harbaugh will end up recruiting more of those 3 stars with chips on their shoulder than Hoke did and UM football will be better in the long run because of it. Hoke was a star gazer and brought in a seemingly endless supply of soft prima donnas.

he brought them in telling them that they'd be the next woodson or braylon, then they end up with a bunch of drake harris types. I think they're better off going to MSU ground up route

Thiyi Lukasa commits. That's 4 in two days, and I still don't think we're done for the week.

Thiyi Lukasa commits. That's 4 in two days, and I still don't think we're done for the week.

I cant even find any info on this one. We need the Big Three to just pull the damn trigger. We are still behind Western Michigan :argh:

he brought them in telling them that they'd be the next woodson or braylon, then they end up with a bunch of drake harris types. I think they're better off going to MSU ground up route

Don't forget we went after Harris, webber and a lot of 4 and 5 star guys just as hard as anyone else. Dantonio's success has been developing a lot of plan b guys along with some elite kids more so than finding a lot of "under the radar" plan a guys. I expect harbaugh will land a lot of elite players and have more success with them because unlike hoke he knows it's not just "plug and play" where you get a bunch of elite talent and watch them win. And if he is successful, it will be important for Dantonio to continue the upward trajectory in recruiting.

Back