Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Lynn Bowden, 4 star athlete decommitted from Indiana and may have given his vewrbal to our coaches, should announce in the next week or so. 6-1, 185 lb speedster, #83 player in the country according to 247.

Do we have any shot at Donovan People's Jones? He seems like a very bright kid, on and off the field.

Oliver Martin blew up at the Opening. SPARQ score of 133+ was second amongst all WRs in the country. He showed amazing hands and great route running. This guy is still a 3 star, but expect him to be a high 4 star soon. Might be a top 3 WR in the whole country.

Camped at MSU and is best friends with Rocky Lombardi.

Matt Dotson also was a star at the opening. Had a 41" vertical and made some very impressive catches. Had great length and athleticism.

James Hudson 4 star OT/DE will commit this weekend. Beating Bama, UM, Miami, Nebraska, Penn State, and many others for him. 6-5, 280 lb and athletic. Could play DT, DE, or OT, I think we like him at OT.

James Hudson 4 star OT/DE will commit this weekend. Beating Bama, UM, Miami, Nebraska, Penn State, and many others for him. 6-5, 280 lb and athletic. Could play DT, DE, or OT, I think we like him at OT.

sounds like that announcement may happen on Thursday, big pickup for us

Jaylen Harris, 4 star WR from OH will also be on campus Thursday. We have a great shot with him because OSU has other guys higher. He's 6-5, 200 lbs and can run.

Do we have any shot at Donovan People's Jones? He seems like a very bright kid, on and off the field.

Unfortunately it looks like most of the top players in the state including DPJ are all going to Michigan. Didnt take Harbaugh long.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it looks like most of the top players in the state including DPJ are all going to Michigan. Didnt take Harbaugh long.

?

Michigan always got their share of players, Hoke recruited extremely well. I'm not worried about recruiting in the slightest

James Hudson went to the BBQ at the shit hole and said no to the high pressure sales job, he's announcing Monday and will pick MSU by most accounts.

Oliver Martin, Ambry Thomas, Xavier Henderson and a few other targets will be on campus tomorrow. Martin is the best bet to commit soon.

James Hudson went to the BBQ at the shit hole and said no to the high pressure sales job, he's announcing Monday and will pick MSU by most accounts.

Oliver Martin, Ambry Thomas, Xavier Henderson and a few other targets will be on campus tomorrow. Martin is the best bet to commit soon.

I'd be really surprised if he picks MSU after tweeting from the BBQ that he's going to announce today. that's a pretty strong indicator that he's going to UM, sucks to lose him but some kids will like what they have to offer vs what we have.

I don't think it changes all that much for our recruiting - when Rich Rod ignored in-state talent, top kids mostly went to OSU. I shouldn't say it doesn't matter since it helps uofm even though it probably doesn't hurt us that much. The better uofm does recruiting, the more important it is that Dantonio consistently lands classes like 2016 or better.

Last edited:

Hudson chose uofm and 247 has Martin 60% and Thomas 84% to michigan.

Word is Amir Reip might be getting squeezed out of the Ohio State class and could come here. OSU will likely have 4 top 50 players (3 5 stars) at DB in their class.

I've never followed recruiting closely. I just assume alabama and OSU get all the best players and everyone else gets what's left over

Last edited:
I saw that kid chose Kentucky as well. The 39th best CB prospect in this year's class with an unimpressive offer sheet - doesn't sound like a big miss. I fully expect this year to have a negative impact on recruiting but I'm not reading this miss as an indication of that. He probably figured he was gonna play 4 years at Kentucky, in the SEC, all that BS.

Last edited:
4 Star LB Antjuan Simmons commits, had over 40 offers including from OSU, LSU, Georgia, A&M, ND, and Mich.

4 star WR Oliver Martin is on campus and there's buzz that he might commit later today or that he's already done so. He was thought to be an ND lean.

I quickly glanced at recruiting on 247. This years class is ehhh but next year they already have two commits from top 10 players in Ohio. Did OSU not want them or what? That's surprising.

Back