Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

MSU offered Nick Conner today and shot to the too of his list. We've been very selective with MLB offers so he must have done very well to earn one.

Michael Weber released a top 3 of MSU, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.

he said that michigan and tennessee were still in the running, i'm happy to see UT not in the top 3, they were the team i was most worried about

he said that michigan and tennessee were still in the running, i'm happy to see UT not in the top 3, they were the team i was most worried about

Ohio State is our biggest competition IMO, but they are making a big push for Larry Scott and are clearly the team to beat for Damien Harris. If Ohio State pulls Larry Scott from us, Weber is 99% coming here IMO. If we get Larry Scott, I think it makes Weber less likely to come here. They are different backs, but it's not often two top 75 RBs end up at the same school.

FWIW, I have heard Larry Scott is the #1 RB on our board followed closely by Weber and Darin Hall 3rd. As I've said before, Blackwell was hired to deliver on guys like Weber and Cole, he has a life long relationship with the Weber family and coached Cole in 7 on 7. I've heard that Blackwell considers delivering both to MSU as a big reason he was hired in the 1st place.

Still hearing Tyriq Thomspon would have already committed save for his dad mking him wait.

Khari Willis committed today. Had 1600 yards rushing an 27 TDs in only 8 games. #8 player in the state.

This kid is going to be special. He's a 4.0 student, all state basketball player, and class president. Reportedly has just an amazing work ethic and is a leader. Is a fantastic athlete running a sub 4.5. Also plays some QB, but will likely play Safety at MSU. He's very active in the community and is involved with several youth programs. This kid is the total package as a quality young man.

Last edited:
MSU offered Nick Conner today and shot to the too of his list. We've been very selective with MLB offers so he must have done very well to earn one.

Michael Weber released a top 3 of MSU, Ohio State, and Wisconsin.

Conner's a buckeye

Wow, Sean Sherer (He of the 97% Crystal ball on 247) has great news regarding Chris Clark, the #1 TE in the nation and 5 star recruit. He's crystal balled him to MSU and says he has 2 or 3 sources that say we are the team to beat. Visitin OSU, us, then UM on the 19th 20th and 21st.

Clark chose Blue today. Not sure who Sherer's "sources" are, but I'm not sure we were ever really high on this kids list. Out of 40 predictions on 247, Sherer was the ONLY one that predicted MSU.

Clark chose Blue today. Not sure who Sherer's "sources" are, but I'm not sure we were ever really high on this kids list. Out of 40 predictions on 247, Sherer was the ONLY one that predicted MSU.

Clark had some great things to say about his visit to MSU yesterday and Coach D. Must have already had his mind made up though.

Grayson Miller (Son of former MSU player Johnny Miller, yeah the same guy who intercepted Demetrius Brown 4 times in one game. ) committed to the class of 2015 today. He earned an offer camping at MSU this weekend and pulled the trigger today. 6-3, 195 lb safety with 4.5 speed, will play OLB at MSU. Ran a laser timed 4.45 forty at Kentucky. Kid is fast!

Last edited:
WDE Justice Alexander committed today. 6-6, 236lbs. Wowed the staff at out camp and earned an offer. Was named most outstanding lineman at the MSU camp.

This is how we do it. A kid like this is a mid 3 star under the radar kid, but up close and personal he was impressive and explosive and the staff made him a priority.

WDE Justice Alexander committed today. 6-6, 236lbs. Wowed the staff at out camp and earned an offer. Was named most outstanding lineman at the MSU camp.

This is how we do it. A kid like this is a mid 3 star under the radar kid, but up close and personal he was impressive and explosive and the staff made him a priority.

Another Ohio kid. The fact that Narduzzi was the primary recruiter for this kid should tell you how high they were on him.

Another Ohio kid. The fact that Narduzzi was the primary recruiter for this kid should tell you how high they were on him.

Hearing that this kid is a total freak athlete who just recently decided that football and not basketball was how he was going to get to play in college. Hearing he's closer to 250 lbs at a legit 6-6. Scout has him down as running a 4.58 forty, I've heard as low as 4.45 (which I doubt is legit). Regardless, this kid is extemely athletic and wowed the coaches when they worked with him up close.

Sometimes the coaches develop talent extremely well, other times they get phenoms who are just missed by the recruiting sites for one reason or another. Leveon Bell was an example of the latter, he was a 6-1, 220 lb high school senior who had run in the 4.4s at a couple camps, kid was a high 4 star talent, but his hometown school Ohio State was full up at RB so they didn't offer, therefore Bell remained a 2 star.

Narduzzi knows exactly the type of athlete he wants playing DE for his defense. Shilique, Thomas, and Demetrius Cooper all fit the fast twitch type of guy he loves. Alexander is that type of kid, and last year's D line class had Montez Sweat, another converted basketball player at 6-6, 235 lbs who chose the Spartans over Florida State and Florida. With the haul we had at D line last class (McDowell, Smith, Evans etc) it would not surprise me if Sweat is the next great pass rusher at Michigan State.

And when these kids are dominating other school's fans will be second guessing their own coaches for not gettinig more out of their higher rated guys, the fact is, MSU is getting elite athletes at DE year after year, no one should be surprised.

Bad news on Cornell, he's reportedly set to commit to OSU on Wednesday along with 5 star LB Justin Hilliard.

WR Myles Boykin ha a great visit to MSU this weekend and is now announcing Wednesday as well. 50-50 with us and ND.

Boykin would be a great get, but I'm thinking ND

change of timeline favors ND, they tend to pressure guys into committing so they keep their spot, MD will not do that. bumping it up two months makes me think he's going to Notre Dame

change of timeline favors ND, they tend to pressure guys into committing so they keep their spot, MD will not do that. bumping it up two months makes me think he's going to Notre Dame

Probably true. Not to mention Boykin is over 220 lbs before his senior year of high school. Little doubt he got the truth from MD that he'll be a tight end in college where as I wouldn't be surprised if most of the other coaches from other schools are telling him he'll be able to stay at WR.

Ohio 4 star LB Anthony McKee will be visiting the 21st and will be on committ watch.

FL CB Kaleel Gaines is also on commit watch and is trying to set up a visit in the next few weeks. Gaines is proof the recruiting services know nothing, he's a mid to low 3 star recruit...with offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Oregon, and Michigan State.

Recent Committ OH DE Justice Alexander has been getting the hard sell from Kentucky and Alabama among, trying to tell him Narduzzi won't be here next year, but the kid has reaffirmed his committment and has planned sevral visits to E Lansing. Kid is a stud and everyone is going to want him once he becomes a more high profile kid.

Despite what UM slappies have been saying, the staff is recruiting Michael Weber even harder siince Larry Scott committed. They think he is versatile enough to play several roles on the team. Still think his relationship with Blackwell will be the deciding factor for him.

Back