Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU hires recruiting Coordinator

Not talking about your typical undergrad but the football team. Msu does something similar which I freely admit. We also dont portray ourselves as an academic experience like Stanford or nw. We admit that we're a football factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

that's great

that's great

Never admit youre just like everyone else, keep that bullshit reputation going. Make fun of osu for their majors but have a bullshit major for football players. Keep throwing stones out of that glass house

I would be somewhat surprised if Jayru Campbell didn't commit tomorrow.

Maybe tonight according to him

Sbee do you have any idea if we'd try him at QB or would have him come in as an ATH and see where he fits in?

well MSU's standards are a joke generally, so majoring in comm or criminal justice or advertising or whatever isn't a better education than a G.S. from Michigan.

If I wanted to skate through school, staying eligible is going to be a lot easier in E.L. where I would be competing against a student body that's mostly kids from Michigan who couldn't get into Michigan... than obviously the kids from Michigan (and the East Coast... and the world) who could.

There it is. You know you've been defeated when you resort to elitist BS comments and never answer the actual question. Bravo MC, Bravo.

Last edited:
There it is. You know you've been defeated when you resort to elitist BS comments and never answer the actual question. Bravo MC, Bravo.

I'm "defeated." LOL

"Defeated" is making up statements out of thin air - like sbee's APR comment or Gardner's major - to bash the academic standard's of our football players on a message board.

you guys need to go back to the drawing board with this one.

put those MSU brains together and see what you can come up with

as far as the academic rigors of UM vs. MSU... I believe there's a noticeable difference between the two, and it's not like our football team has their own classes; they still come to ours. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here...

I'm "defeated." LOL

"Defeated" is making up statements out of thin air - like sbee's APR comment or Gardner's major - to bash the academic standard's of our football players on a message board.

as far as the academic rigors of UM vs. MSU... I believe there's a noticeable difference between the two, and it's not like our football team has their own classes; they still come to ours. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here...

Big difference between msu and um academically are the grad schools really. Thats where all schools get their reputation.

The apr comment is true. My point is that UM isnt an elite academic experience for athletes but they push the hell out of it. Its a bait and switch deal for those kids.

I'm "defeated." LOL

Yep, defeated. You made statements up out of thin air when you said a BGS degree at Um is better than whatever at MSU. LOL, Whatever ? Better than a Veterinary degree, engineering degree, computer science, microbiology, etc etc, whatever. Do you know what encompasses a BGS degree at Um ? Do you not see how hypocritical your statement about bashing academic standards is when you say what you did ? You can be such a tool sometimes.

Big difference between msu and um academically are the grad schools really. Thats where all schools get their rep...

ha, right.

Back to the original topic. Blackwell is taking kids that had strong msu interest and getting them to pop. He is providing a nudge right now

We need mo men tum

Last edited:
To be announced tomorrow. Curtis Blackwell, yup, that Curtis Blackwell, of the Sound Mind Sound Body camps. This is beyond a HR, this guy is more plugged into the high school football scene than anyone in the country. He's one of the most respected and trusted guys out there.

MD is not done building this program. MSU Football has come a long way, but it's not elite and elite is the goal. The product on the field is improving, the facilities are improving, and the support is improving.

Here's his foundation's website. Guy is a force and a leader.

http://www.liftingasweclimb.com/

Ahh, these were the days..

what's funny about this is you guys lack the self-awareness to know what fools you're making of yourselves. You find humor in what is clearly an example of how a school should handle sexual assault cases involving players and interference from staff. With full knowledge of the disgraceful way your coaching staff and administration handled the Gibbons and Lewan incident, you have the temerity to laugh about MSU cutting ties with a staff member who was found to have acted improperly.

LOL, ouch.

I can't sign the parodying of anyone from any university committing alleged criminal acts and my fellow alums/supporters making schadenfreude out of it. Were I the vindictive sort, I'd almost with the same pox on your own personal house, but that would lack charity. As it is, in these situations we usually break our own windows.

what's funny about this is you guys lack the self-awareness to know what fools you're making of yourselves. You find humor in what is clearly an example of how a school should handle sexual assault cases involving players and interference from staff. With full knowledge of the disgraceful way your coaching staff and administration handled the Gibbons and Lewan incident, you have the temerity to laugh about MSU cutting ties with a staff member who was found to have acted improperly.

LOL, ouch.

I found humor in the reverence with which johnny spoke of Blackwell and his overall impression of where the program was headed, juxtaposed with the unceremonious parting of ways, the lack of results in Blackwell's recruiting, and the nose dive that the program took on the field. You can tie it to whatever you want to tie it to. I don't give a flying fuck.

Freep reported Blackwell had a MA in "sports administration" from Baylor University. Baylor is the new Penn St.

Penn St is... well... still Penn St.

Freep also posted a timeline of MSU's off field issues going back to last October.

odd they suspended Blackwell on Feb 9th, but kept extending his contract on a month-to-month basis while the investigation was ongoing. was initially supposed to expire on March 31st. a misguided attempt to keep him on the payroll to buy his loyalty?

looks like Dantonio lost control of his team last fall, and the administration lost control of the football staff shortly thereafter.

there are going to be a lot of job openings in the MSU athletic department this fall.

I found humor in the reverence with which johnny spoke of Blackwell and his overall impression of where the program was headed, juxtaposed with the unceremonious parting of ways, the lack of results in Blackwell's recruiting, and the nose dive that the program took on the field. You can tie it to whatever you want to tie it to. I don't give a flying fuck.

if you were actually doing that, which you undoubtedly weren't, you'd still be wrong - particularly about Blackwell's results. MSU's 4 recruting classes prior to hiring Blackwell were ranked 30, 31, 41 & 40. Under Blackwell, the classes ranked 22, 22, 18 and 33.

Since you don't have any idea what you're talking about and are only here to stir up shit then offer up weak backpedals when called out, I don't see why anyone would give, as you say, a flying fuck what you think.

Last edited:
if you were actually doing that, which you undoubtedly weren't...

wk-film-shattered.jpg

Back