Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU pres. Resigns

Oh as a side note, I'd be shocked if Walton could bench press 500 lb. That's a joke, right? That doesn't equate to punching power at all. You know that, right? Some people who are strong, don't know how to throw a punch. Some people who are good boxers are weak at bench press. There is no equivalence there. You know that, right?

Oh as a side note, I'd be shocked if Walton could bench press 500 lb. That's a joke, right? That doesn't equate to punching power at all. You know that, right? Some people who are strong, don't know how to throw a punch. Some people who are good boxers are weak at bench press. There is no equivalence there. You know that, right?

he was the strongest player on the team and had a ridiculous bench press. I don't know his exact max but I remember it being at least over 400lbs.

Regardless, my point is if he struck her solidly in the face, there would be a lot of physical evidence of that. Her injuries were consistent with her falling and hitting her head, not getting punched. It's entirely possible that Walton could have pushed her down, still not cool, but I'd dispute that he punched her in the face as some have said.

Well, not a perfect equivalent, but let's look at the Grant Perry incident. Harbaugh immediately suspended him from all team activities pending the investigation. Perry missed the bowl trip, the Italy trip, and regular season games, then was reinstated after the legal process had reached its conclusion. That could've been how Izzo handled it, but no, he kept Walton on full go...

I'd assume that if he was a player vs an unpaid student manager he'd be suspended, of course I can't be sure of that. I wonder if this would be a story if he wasn't a former player, just a student manager? MD has always suspended people pending the legal investigation (Mark Myers, Corley/King/Vance, etc) and then reinstated if they were cleared. Izzo has suspended players in that manner in the past, Erron Harris, Derrick Nix, Korie Lucious, Kenny Kaminski, etc.

sweet, I was hoping there would be a segue for Hungry to bring in his knowledge of fighting. hopefully we can hear more about his amateur MMA endeavors, workout and diet regiment. If we're really lucky, maybe he'll post some pics of his sick tatts.

Hey genius, what's your point here - that even if Walton can bench 500 he's probably still a pussy and lacks punching power? Are you now arguing for Walton - like even if he did hit her, he probably doesn't know how to throw a real punch so how much could he have hurt her - at least not as much as if you hit her because of how much of a badass you are, right?

I haven't lifted weights in years, and until my back started to hurt I was probably the hardest punching 50 + year old amateur boxer in the San Fernando Valley - maybe the whole world.

And I'm not even all that big; a smallish heavyweight.

EDIT: There is a school of thought in boxing that weightlifting actually lessens punching power because it decreases flexibility.

Last edited:
I haven't lifted weights in years, and until my back started to hurt I was probably the hardest punching 50 + year old amateur boxer in the San Fernando Valley - maybe the whole world.

And I'm not even all that big; a smallish heavyweight.

did you ever do that punching bag arcade game? they had one at the arcade my high school friends and I used frequent and I used to see it at some bars too (seemed like a pretty dumb game to have at bars). In my lightweight days (~165 lbs) I was the only one of my friends who could peg the needle off the scoreboard. Same with the portable breathalyzer we would take out with us - got the high score on that more than a few times!

Last edited:
did you ever do that punching bag arcade game? they had one at the arcade my high school friends and I used to see it at some bars too (seemed like a pretty dumb game to have at bars). In my lightweight days (~165 lbs) I was the only one of my friends who could peg the needle off the scoreboard. Same with the portable breathalyzer we would take out with us - got the high score on that more than a few times!

I have literally broken those things with each hand/arm.

Never did a breathalyzer voluntarily.

I still work out at my boxing gym but with my back pain I can't rotate through my punches the way I used to.

I have literally broken those things with each hand/arm.

Never did a breathalyzer voluntarily.

I still work out at my boxing gym but with my back pain I can't rotate through my punches the way I used to.

haven't done one in almost 30 years - I wonder how I'd do now that I'm 3" taller and gone from 165 to 235 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal.

The portable breathalyzer was a lot of fun - I almost bought one on Amazon last year for old times' sake but I doubt the wife would appreciate me breaking it out at dinner w/ friends.

sweet, I was hoping there would be a segue for Hungry to bring in his knowledge of fighting. hopefully we can hear more about his amateur MMA endeavors, workout and diet regiment. If we're really lucky, maybe he'll post some pics of his sick tatts.

Hey genius, what's your point here - that even if Walton can bench 500 he's probably still a pussy and lacks punching power? Are you now arguing for Walton - like even if he did hit her, he probably doesn't know how to throw a real punch so how much could he have hurt her - at least not as much as if you hit her because of how much of a badass you are, right?

What a troll

but seriously, do you guys really think every punch is thrown with maximum power? Maybe he was drunk and reaching across a table? Maybe he just popped her with 2 quick jabs? More than enough to give some poor, unathletic woman a concussion, but not enough to kill her...

Of course, this entire conversation has become totally pointless.

I was thinking we should start one all purpose "our degenerates are less degenerate than your degenerates" thread and just limit this never ending discussion to there, rather than starting a new thread for every new atrocity, and I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that atrocities will also be never ending as well.

Last edited:
I’d like to sit down and have a beer with Tom Izzo and really see what he thinks about all of this.

I?d like to sit down and have a beer with Tom Izzo and really see what he thinks about all of this.

you'll probably get all the same finger-pointing, excuse-making, and victim-blaming you see from the MSU posters in this thread.

...except instead of reading them on the internet, a short, angry man will be spitting them at you from across the table at an East Lansing area Buffalo Wild Wings, while in the background spartamack and his MSU bros pound miller lites, do the punching bag game, and blow into the "totally sweet" sharper image breathalyzer he just got.

I was thinking we should start one all purpose "our degenerates are less degenerate than your degenerates" thread and just limit this never ending discussion to there, rather than starting a new thread for every new atrocity, and I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that atrocities will also be never ending as well.

Capital idea.

I?d like to sit down and have a beer with Tom Izzo and really see what he thinks about all of this.

Me too, I bet he drinks diet water though...:cheers:

I think going after Tom Izzo on anything below board will be as fruitless as getting off to bruce jenner in a playboy. The guy is so squeaky clean he wont even let his best players play to prove a point that hes in control.

Me too, I bet he drinks diet water though...:cheers:

I think going after Tom Izzo on anything below board will be as fruitless as getting off to bruce jenner in a playboy. The guy is so squeaky clean he wont even let his best players play to prove a point that hes in control.

This is not a good point. I have no idea if Izzo is or isn't squeaky clean, but someone proving that they are in control is not evidence that they don't think they are above the law. Think politics. People that demand control and loyalty aren't shining examples of people that respect the letter and spirit of the law.

What a troll

but seriously, do you guys really think every punch is thrown with maximum power? Maybe he was drunk and reaching across a table? Maybe he just popped her with 2 quick jabs? More than enough to give some poor, unathletic woman a concussion, but not enough to kill her...

this conversation was already pointless, you just made it absurd.

no, I don't think that but yours is a far less plausible explanation for why she ended up with a concussion while not having a broken nose, black eye or half her face shattered than her being drunk and falling off her bar stool, or possibly being pushed after she tried to hit him. I'm not saying it's definitely the latter, just that we don't know for sure. I guess in turd's mind, acknowledging there isn't enough evidence to conclude either way is excuse making and victim blaming.

Last edited:
you'll probably get all the same finger-pointing, excuse-making, and victim-blaming you see from the MSU posters in this thread.

...except instead of reading them on the internet, a short, angry man will be spitting them at you from across the table at an East Lansing area Buffalo Wild Wings, while in the background spartamack and his MSU bros pound miller lites, do the punching bag game, and blow into the "totally sweet" sharper image breathalyzer he just got.

except there's been no excuse making, finger pointing or victim blaming. And Izzo isn't an angry person, I don't live near East Lansing, go to BW3, drink light beer, call my friends "bro" or shop at Sharper Image. Otherwise, you were pretty spot on.

Last edited:
Back