Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU pres. Resigns

Funny thing is that MSU fans, the MSU coaches, and the new Interim President are complaining that ESPN ran this OTL report right with the Nasser stuff. ESPN starting investigating this stuff in 2014. That is when they started sending FOIA's to MSU. Of course, MSU "cooperated fully with the investigation like they always do" by refusing the FIOA's. Then ESPN sued MSU to make them comply. MSU then sued ESPN to refuse. This went back and forth several times and stretched out the investigation until, well, now when the Larry Nasser stuff is front and center. This all could've been over with 2 or 3 years ago on the football and basketball front, but MSU stalled and stalled. Now MSU complains about the timing. How Ironic.

you're timeline on this is so flawed, I don't know where to being. ESPN even made up some bull shit about why they sat on releasing the OTL report for months. This has already been talked about on this thread and the one on the MSU board. Good try though.

you're timeline on this is so flawed, I don't know where to being. ESPN even made up some bull shit about why they sat on releasing the OTL report for months. This has already been talked about on this thread and the one on the MSU board. Good try though.

Since you are a big fan of the spelling/grammar corrections and got me once before.

*begin.

Last edited:
Really you went after the word begin but not the misuse of you're?

directional school graduate, the more subtle ones are harder for him to spot even when they're (not their or there) bigger errors - I think "being" is the more forgivable error as it could just be a key stroke mistake that spellchecker wouldn't pick up or it could be an autocorrect mistake from a different incorrect keystroke. I have no excuse for you're not your.

Last edited:
So MSU hired the firm that Weinstein used to try and discredit his victims.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/02/14/msu-title-ix-lawyer/110435418/

Of course, they did.

Why would I know what some thread on the MSU board has discussed? Why would I care?

ESPN started investigating more than one school, including MSU, in 2014 for this stuff. That isn't made up or a lie. MSU sued and denied ESPN's FIOA. They delayed the investigation and did not fully cooperate with the investigation. This is not made up or a lie. If someone claims it is a lie enough, though, maybe that someone can convince themselves that it is a lie. I doubt it, but the Spartan faithful can try.

Last edited:
I found Izzo's comments very disturbing yesterday. I read that he was asked about the ESPN OTL report and that he claimed that he has only watched part of it and that the part of that he did watch was definitely sensationalized. It made me wonder. I wonder how many of these Spartan fans that are dismissing the ESPN report have even watched it. I am betting that a good many of it have not. How can you comment on something that you haven't even watched. How tone deaf do you have to be to say that you haven't even watched the report?

This thread has been great. Maybe Kroll has been advising the Spartan fans and coaches all along

Just deny everything. Just say that anyone who says anything negative about MSU is lying. Just say that all accusers are lying.

"Walton didn't punch her. He probably just shoved her down..." and she still ended up with a concussion...and Izzo still didn't do anything about it...and then later Walton was allegedly involved in a sexual assault with 2 MSU basketball players...and this was apparently never reported to title IX...but Izzo might not have known about it...and that makes that OK...

You're all liars!! You are just sensationalizing stuff...Quit being so dramatic!!

I don't care if you have a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice and 20 years of experience in the field. Your input is of no more value than anyone else without that! I'm sure that I'm just as good at managing money as Vic, too! I know that I'd be at least as good of a lawyer as MC!!

That Mumphrey stuff you said, you made that stuff up. Sees link...well, he was on campus 8 days after the ban started...and that makes it ok...

Keep things like this coming...

Last edited:
Trump Lies all the time so I guess everyone can... BTW MSU the response from ESPN was.
'We Stand by our reporting'

oops it continues

Michigan State freshman guard subject of criminal sexual conduct. I mean is there a pattern at Msu or is this just standard operating procedures.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...ct-criminal-sexual-conduct-investigation-espn

Are you serious with this? So a guy gets accused of groping a woman and no charges have been filed and it?s standard operating procedure? And now the kids name is completely dragged through the mud by ESPN without any charges yet filed. This is grasping at straws at its finest.

I heard Miles Bridges has a 25 cent library fine, typical MSU thuggery, why not just shut the whole school down.

Are you serious with this? So a guy gets accused of groping a woman and no charges have been filed and it?s standard operating procedure? And now the kids name is completely dragged through the mud by ESPN without any charges yet filed. This is grasping at straws at its finest.

I heard Miles Bridges has a 25 cent library fine, typical MSU thuggery, why not just shut the whole school down.

the article said the police investigated it and found it met standards for 4th degree sexual assault. prosecutors mulling charges.

I guess the concerning thing is that he wasn't suspended or anything while charges are pending.

kinda reminds me of LJ Scott and Dantonio last year... not that what Scott did was by itself THAT bad, but it's surprising these coaches can just waive it off like that. they must be under tons of pressure to win at all costs.

the article said the police investigated it and found it met standards for 4th degree sexual assault. prosecutors mulling charges.

I guess the concerning thing is that he wasn't suspended or anything while charges are pending.

kinda reminds me of LJ Scott and Dantonio last year... not that what Scott did was by itself THAT bad, but it's surprising these coaches can just waive it off like that. they must be under tons of pressure to win at all costs.

The thing is, it?s not like this is a star player and Izzo had something to hide and wanted to avoid it/cover it up because he was too valuable/talented to discipline. The guy is a walk on, he means nothing to that team, Izzo has zero reason to hide anything here.

The thing is, it?s not like this is a star player and Izzo had something to hide and wanted to avoid it/cover it up because he was too valuable/talented to discipline. The guy is a walk on, he means nothing to that team, Izzo has zero reason to hide anything here.

he must know about it. police in college towns tell coaches/ADs EVERYTHING.

he must know about it. police in college towns tell coaches/ADs EVERYTHING.

I assume he does know. I just don?t have an issue with him not disciplining the player yet. Once charges are filed then if Izzo wants to remove him from the team then by all means do it.

So what number is this now ? 14, 15, 16, or 17 different incidents ? I'm just curious can Msu get away with anything it wants ? The level of hypocrisy coming from Msu is pretty funny. Believe us the ESPN story is all lies. Lol..

Yeah, sort of like with Walton when he was a Student Assistant. I mean, he could've very easily lived without Walton and sat him down while he was under investigation for assault. Everyone can live without some random, meaningless student assistant, right? Izzo had zero reason to hide anything there...Yet he continues to let this walk-on suit up for every game and practice and be a fully participating member of the team. Why?

I assume he does know. I just don’t have an issue with him not disciplining the player yet. Once charges are filed then if Izzo wants to remove him from the team then by all means do it.

Here's the hypocrisy and I'm not necessarily throwing Spartynash under the bus here, but this is the hypocrisy. Michigan football had a very similar situation with Grant Perry. MSU fans were all over the place saying that Harbaugh was protecting this player even though Harbaugh suspended Perry from ALL team activities like 3 days after the incident and through the entire investigation period, causing Perry to miss the bowl game trip, the trip to Italy, and at least 3 regular season football games completely. He wasn't allowed to be a part of the team at all. Then his case gets finished and he comes back to the team and MSU fans are all over Harbaugh for being soft and allowing a rapist on the team...when he didn't rape anyone.

Last edited:
Back