Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs BYU

I still would like to know why LJ Scott wasn't playing other than one fucking drive?

you mean it's not over?

It is, but as big of a train wreck as this is looking like I can't help but watch it. Hopefully the basketball team is as exciting as some people are saying it will be. A lot of athletes on that team! Have to balance the lows (football) with some highs (basketball).

It is, but as big of a train wreck as this is looking like I can't help but watch it. Hopefully the basketball team is as exciting as some people are saying it will be. A lot of athletes on that team! Have to balance the lows (football) with some highs (basketball).

indeed.

That Carter injury scares me. We only have like 3 guys over 6'5" lol

we could lose to NW next week - I don't see a game on our schedule that's a sure win and we have Illinois on there.

Down year gents, I knew it was going to happen when Cook, Conklin and the rest of the flock left. So, 2 shit years in 10 ill satisfice. It isnt getting any better fellas :)

Watching Alabamas true freshman QB shred every team he has played makes me extremely sad. Fuck Saban.

Mercifully I wasn't able to watch the game today, not sure if I will watch it on DVR, no need to get pissed off while watching it. What was the issue today? i've read that our line play was horrible again, both sides, saw we averaged under 3 yards per carry, we completed a decent amount of passes for pathetically short yardage. I know we didn't have a sack and that's 9 straight quarters, DB's weren't great but who knows how much of that is due to no pass rush. I know it all starts up front and we suck there. Looking back, losing two guys who could have started on the D Line really hurt as well as Conklin but you expect him to go pro, losing the back up left tackle to a horrific broken leg last year that's prevented him from playing this year is a double whammy.

Mercifully I wasn't able to watch the game today, not sure if I will watch it on DVR, no need to get pissed off while watching it. What was the issue today? i've read that our line play was horrible again, both sides, saw we averaged under 3 yards per carry, we completed a decent amount of passes for pathetically short yardage. I know we didn't have a sack and that's 9 straight quarters, DB's weren't great but who knows how much of that is due to no pass rush. I know it all starts up front and we suck there. Looking back, losing two guys who could have started on the D Line really hurt as well as Conklin but you expect him to go pro, losing the back up left tackle to a horrific broken leg last year that's prevented him from playing this year is a double whammy.

The defense is solid as a unit. It's a bend don't break philosophy. They dominated the first half and got gassed in the 2nd half because our offense can't sustain a drive to save their life.
I think there has to be changes made in the offseason with the Oline coach and special teams. Harlon Barnett has looked average as well, we miss Narduzzi big time. Luckily O'Connor was finally benched after taking sacks on 3 straight drives. Terry came in and threw a pic and then scored a TD. Looked smooth and lost at the same time. I just think these losses boil down to one thing, and that's just the fact that we don't have that much talent on this team. We do, but their young and dantonio refuses to play them. Cox is probably the worst safety to play at MSU. Put that young white kid in the game that started at Michigan last year, he can't be any worse.
There are too many problems to name. There isn't one position that is playing well right now. Luckily we didn't see Geiger attempt any field goals.

I forgot to add. Play calling is absolute horseshit. We are the most predictable team in America. Bollman and Warner are shit. Cook made them look good by bailing them out on 3rd and long consistently.

The defense is solid as a unit. It's a bend don't break philosophy. They dominated the first half and got gassed in the 2nd half because our offense can't sustain a drive to save their life.
I think there has to be changes made in the offseason with the Oline coach and special teams. Harlon Barnett has looked average as well, we miss Narduzzi big time. Luckily O'Connor was finally benched after taking sacks on 3 straight drives. Terry came in and threw a pic and then scored a TD. Looked smooth and lost at the same time. I just think these losses boil down to one thing, and that's just the fact that we don't have that much talent on this team. We do, but their young and dantonio refuses to play them. Cox is probably the worst safety to play at MSU. Put that young white kid in the game that started at Michigan last year, he can't be any worse.
There are too many problems to name. There isn't one position that is playing well right now. Luckily we didn't see Geiger attempt any field goals.

I am not saying the staff is infallible but they did put together 60 wins over 6 seasons and I think that our continuity matters. Losing a LT to the draft and the backup to injury will sure as hell make any OL coach look bad. It took balls for MD to kick to solid DL's off the team in spring as well, add that up with Raquean williams being hurt, Riley being hurt, reshke being hurt, hicks being hurt, having a terrible kicker, it's just a perfect storm.

Good point about the D getting gassed, they were pitching a shutout against Indiana and gave up 21 straight late in the game. D linemen and linebackers really benefit from subbing in and out. I remember at the end of the Wisconsin game they put Robertson and king in, they looked so quick off the ball, that's partly because they are very talented but also because they were fresh. that really matters, again, sucks that Evans and Sweat were knuckleheads.

Last edited:
I forgot to add. Play calling is absolute horseshit. We are the most predictable team in America. Bollman and Warner are shit. Cook made them look good by bailing them out on 3rd and long consistently.

We are pretty vanilla, I'll give you that. When we have the talent it works just fine, when we don't, you see this.

Watching Alabamas true freshman QB shred every team he has played makes me extremely sad. Fuck Saban.

you might be able to get away with that when you have literally 40 to 50 future NFL players on your roster.

Interesting that it was Terry instead of Lewerke. I read that Lewerke went in against Wisconsin because Terry was hurt, i thought that was just BS to not throw terry under the bus in a presser, maybe it was true and Terry really is the backup Qb. I don't think any QB is going to have much of a chance with this line, but if they are close in talent, then obviously go with the younger guy who is going to play next year. Terry played in essentially garbage time or close to it, but if they are close, play the younger guy.

I am not saying the staff is infallible but they did put together 60 wins over 6 seasons and I think that our continuity matters. Losing a LT to the draft and the backup to injury will sure as hell make any OL coach look bad. It took balls for MD to kick to solid DL's off the team in spring as well, add that up with Raquean williams being hurt, Riley being hurt, reshke being hurt, hicks being hurt, having a terrible kicker, it's just a perfect storm.

Good point about the D getting gassed, they were pitching a shutout against Indiana and gave up 21 straight late in the game. D linemen and linebackers really benefit from subbing in and out. I remember at the end of the Wisconsin game they put Robertson and king in, they looked so quick off the ball, that's partly because they are very talented but also because they were fresh. that really matters, again, sucks that Evans and Sweat were knuckleheads.

Evans will be in the NFL one day. Where is he anyway? I'm assuming JUCO, but he'll end up at a big school. Josh King looks very lean, I don't think that he could hold up for a whole game. We've been spoiled with a lot of wins, it sucks losing.
Any of you think that one of those "tradition" schools will come after Dantonio with the "it's easy to recruit here, imagine what you could do with those players" pitch?
Alabama picks Arkansas and returns it 100 yards for TD. What a play!

Also, how bad is notre dame? We look awful but they made our offense look good. That's saying a lot

Back