Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs Furman

tough to cover 41.5 when yiu can't even score 30 or when the total doesn't even get there.

I thought it looked possible but I HATE high line games ( I actually took a break after more 9th inning losses in baseball in may. Seeing the Lousiville game I thought maybe 41.5 was correct but I didnt touch it. Im going to call the line after ND plays.

Last edited:
tough to cover 41.5 when yiu can't even score 30 or when the total doesn't even get there.

I hate totals unless there is a sudden storm that rolls in and I take the under or there is an announcement of players being suspended and I see the second it comes out and wager before its adjusted.

That was an terrible performance. The penalties are fixable. The D Lone was atrocious and I don't know if it is fixable. Just lost too many bodies on the D Line and the young guys can't get off their blocks. Without the insane lot untimely penalties that would have been a 42-3 game, but the D Line still would have sucked.

O Line was average. D Line as bad. Everything else was good. O'Connor made some good throws, but also missed some reads and didn't look off his primary reliever.

If the D Line doesn't make huge strides, this is a long season.

Injuries: Reschke has a worst that isn't serious. He'll play vs ND. Shelton got hurt but will be OK for ND. FDIII tweeted he is fine. Holmes was in on special teams, no idea why he didn't play on O. Malik was banged up but played the whole game. Naquan Jones has a thumb injury and may redshirt.

Last edited:
That was an terrible performance. The penalties are fixable. The D Lone was atrocious and I don't know if it is fixable. Just lost too many bodies on the D Line and the young guys can't get off their blocks. Without the insane lot untimely penalties that would have been a 42-3 game, but the D Line still would have sucked.

O Line was average. D Line as bad. Everything else was good. O'Connor made some good throws, but also missed some reads and didn't look off his primary reliever.

If the D Lone doesn't make huge strides, this is a long season.

Youre correct on everything but even then there are gaping holes. Oline wasnt doing well either, same weak play calls, NO INTENSITY!!! it looked like they were playing bama and expected to lose. Furdaddy receivers were open the entire game by 5-10 yards and getting yards after the catch. The first drive is what I expected then it all went to the sewer. I say 7-5 right now..... a very piss poor effort even though I KNOW there is more talent than that.....

One last note, Furman isnt a complete pushover. Im not justifying we should have won by 35 plus on paper but they were .500 last year and played some decent teams. Seeing our guys with their heads down and not getting fired up is the most disappointing thing. like they said in the old cartoons "back to the drawing board". That piss poor effort will get us rocked by 21 plus at ND.

We miss Craig Evans big time. It almost forces us to play McDowell at DT, I would much rather see him at DE. He took 0 plays from DE last night.

We just looked sloppy, lots of new pieces on offense and missing RJ. The D was fine, had some short fields and was on the field for a lot of time. We just had a lot of dumb mistakes and penalties, need to clean that up. Those penalties were huge, kept drives going for them and killed drives for us. I wouldn't write msu off yet, I've seen very good msu teams look this bad or worse early on.

We miss Craig Evans big time. It almost forces us to play McDowell at DT, I would much rather see him at DE. He took 0 plays from DE last night.

McDowell was at DE for at least 2 series. And he didn't look good on the outside. His skill is making that move and using his hands in tight quarters. At DE you take 1 or 2 steps and then use your hands. It's not natural for him.

Cooper was also ineffective at DE despite the sack. The Williams buys were OK inside and occasionally flashed, but mostly they got controlled. Evans did nothing at the other DE spot.

We just looked sloppy, lots of new pieces on offense and missing RJ. The D was fine, had some short fields and was on the field for a lot of time. We just had a lot of dumb mistakes and penalties, need to clean that up. Those penalties were huge, kept drives going for them and killed drives for us. I wouldn't write msu off yet, I've seen very good msu teams look this bad or worse early on.

The D was not "fine". They were extremely bad. There are at least 3 teams on our remaining schedule that would have hung 40+ on MSU last night.

Even if the "vanilla play calls/don't want to reveal too much" theory is true....we are vulnerable in the secondary....slow to react with our LB's....and ineffective with our pass rush.

Shit better get better fast.....or we're looking at 6-7 wins.

The D was not "fine". They were extremely bad. There are at least 3 teams on our remaining schedule that would have hung 40+ on MSU last night.

Even if the "vanilla play calls/don't want to reveal too much" theory is true....we are vulnerable in the secondary....slow to react with our LB's....and ineffective with our pass rush.

some people won't acknowledge a problem with the team until we lose 3 or 4. You're 100% right - the defense stunk it up last night. If we're as talented and deep up front as some said going into the season, we should get pressure on their QB with 4 guys, but the only sacks we got were coverage sacks. And I don't think O'Connor looked good at all. That TD to Davis on the fade would have been broken up or picked against OSU or uofm and probably a couple other teams on the schedule - the guy didn't look off a receiver all night. About the best thing he did was shake off the interception and go back to playing well enough to beat Furman.

I know Spartans23 loves the deep ball - everyone likes seeing it work - but I think we should have been able to run Scott 40+ times last night and run them into the ground. That's how you set up the deep ball off play action when you don't have a world beater wide out.

how come when an Ohio State fan bashes MSU's OOC schedule, spartan fans attack UM? you guys are so goddamn dumb.

how come when an Ohio State fan bashes MSU's OOC schedule, spartan fans attack UM? you guys are so goddamn dumb.

You didn't notice he thought dalton was a uofm fan? That's was painfully obvious. You'd have to be pretty "goddamn dumb" not to catch that.

So did the Spartans win?

Tinsel,
Thats one of the worst football games ive ever seen in 25 years of watching MSU football.

I hate to be a negative Nelly but im positively negative right now...

( I tried to pull off something youd say)

MSU record prediction 7-5

Last edited:

Im usually on the same page as SBEE but from what I saw was JLS era football. I bet coach D would agree with me... horrible in every facet:ugh:

Tinsel,
Thats one of the worst football games ive ever seen in 25 years of watching MSU football.

I hate to be a negative Nelly but im positively negative right now...

( I tried to pull off something youd say)

MSU record prediction 7-5

You're crazy. Apparently you haven't watched Michigan State play under Dantonio. We never blow a team out. Yesterday was brutal, but anything under 10-2 would be a disappointment.

You're crazy. Apparently you haven't watched Michigan State play under Dantonio. We never blow a team out. Yesterday was brutal, but anything under 10-2 would be a disappointment.

Crazy? nahh youve seen me posting for years. Soo, you walked away feeling really good about last night? That was fucking trash and you know it. Fact is im an armchair hack expecting kids to please me but yeah that was piss fucking poor. we ALMOST LOST TO FURMAN (they were 1 fucking score away for most of the game) Dont sugar coat it!!! BTW dont take it the wrong way Lucious its just general dissapoinment

Last edited:
Back