Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NBA Finals Boston verses Golden State

So far 6:21 second quarter. Boston 12 free throws Golden st 2. Boston 54-49 at half. Warriors are not getting the same calls Boston is getting.
Some things never change the Gardens. Maybe in the second half they will even up. My opinion the warriors rely on the 3 to much. They should be faking and driving at least sometimes. Perfect example . On some of the warriors steals they look for home runs instead of 2?s. Klay is so bad right not mid third. He could have drive to the buck easy after at least 2 steals. Boston just has to much size. Warriors lead 79-78 heading into the 4th which Boston has owned in 2 of the 3 games. Again Kerr has a 4th quarter line up that is strange to me. I just don?t see playing a Bjelica at all is going to win you a game and again the warriors keep jacking up 3?s when the lane is there to drive. I also think Tatum is getting fouled a bit and it?s not getting called.
Boston up 5 early 4th. Another huge difference in this series is Boston has made contested shots way better the the warriors. Warriors up 6 with 1:42 left. Curry is so good. From the 5:18 mark when Boston was up 94-90 after Smart?s three the Warriors out scored Boston 17-3 to finish the game. 27 series in a row the warriors have won a playoff road game.

Last edited:
I was listening to some show on XM radio this AM and I think it was Chris Brousard and he said Green is a HOF player. WTF?? He might be the most overrated player in the NBA.

Draymond is heart and soul. One of the few players that numbers don?t reflect his impact. Obviously he?s not playing great this series but he?s a 3x champ and is having a great career. He deserves the HOF.

Last edited:
Draymond is heart and soul. One of the few players that numbers don?t reflect his impact. Obviously he?s not playing great this series but he?s a 3x champ and is having a great career. He deserves the HOF.

Manu averaged 13/3/3
Reggie Miller 18/3/3
Ben Wallace 5/9

Do those guys not deserve HOF?

Golden state?s Rebounding in general was fabulous tonight. Didn?t realize it was 55-42 edge. I thought Loony was more of a factor then people think for Bostons length and height. Green played 33 minutes. Warriors had 3 guys over 10 rebounds Looney off the bench and Wiggins and Curry. Green had 9

Last edited:
Warriors were 15 for 43 from three. 34.9 % take 5 of the shots away and make some Twos
In my opinion lol.

Last edited:

he's just a good role player. He plays (used to) defense and scores a little. LOL at "he's a 3x champ". Steph, Clay, and KD are the champs...he just tagged along.

he's just a good role player. He plays (used to) defense and scores a little. LOL at "he's a 3x champ". Steph, Clay, and KD are the champs...he just tagged along.

Ben Wallace was a role player too, does he not deserve the HOF?

Wallace: 4 All Stars, 4 Defensive Player of the Year. 2 Rebound titles. Defensive Rating, 5th career, 1st playoff.

He was the heart of soul.. Basically he was not a role player. That's like saying Dennis Rodman was just a role player. Its not just about points.

Last edited:
Wallace: 4 All Stars, 4 Defensive Player of the Year. 2 Rebound titles. Defensive Rating, 5th career, 1st playoff.

He was the heart of soul.. Basically he was not a role player. That's like saying Dennis Rodman was just a role player. Its not just about points.

Wallace had the same value for Detroit as Draymond has for GS. Both players are worthy of HOF.

Wallace had the same value for Detroit as Draymond has for GS. Both players are worthy of HOF.

I agree that Draymond is not a role play. And his defensive prowess is a HOF candidate. Voters can be fickle.

Green

1x DPOY
4 all star

That's a nice career but HOF worthy? I guess they pretty much let anybody in the basketball HOF if they put Green in. :shrug:

Green

1x DPOY
4 all star

That's a nice career but HOF worthy? I guess they pretty much let anybody in the basketball HOF if they put Green in. :shrug:

The basketball HOF isn?t the NBA HOF - there isn?t one of those.

So if they include Day-Day?s stellar career with MSU, it could tilt things in his favor.

EDIT: Oh, Saginaw High School too.

Day-Day had a phenomenal career SHS.

He was all anybody talked about.

He was to Saginaw as Magic Johnson was to Lansing Everett.

That?s why in college they called him Mini-Magic.

EDIT 2: Lisa Leslie is in the Bball HOF. She never set foot on the court during an NBA game. If they inducted her into the Hall, they certainly can let the great nut crushing Sparty Day-Day Green in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yUj1Wd1Is

Is that a statistical category?

Because if it were, Day ? Day would certainly hold the all-time record.

Last edited:
Green

1x DPOY
4 all star

4 all defensive team 1st team, 3 all defensive team 2nd team. He gets his fair share of rebounds and assists. Since '15-'16 TRB average 7.7 Assists average 7.3. 2nd team and 3rd team All NBA. He should get looked at when HOF candidacy votes. And has a good chance.

4 all defensive team 1st team, 3 all defensive team 2nd team. He gets his fair share of rebounds and assists. Since '15-'16 TRB average 7.7 Assists average 7.3. 2nd team and 3rd team All NBA. He should get looked at when HOF candidacy votes. And has a good chance.

I know, right?

Lisa Leslie was given a good look!

One thing I always hated about basketball the fact one game to the next is a freakin' 3 days.

Boston is lucky Golden state is so stupid. Golden state is up after one quarter 27-16 but it should be 20 plus. They just Jack up dumb shot after dumb shot if they run the offense they and look for some 2?s the lead would be a lot more because Boston was not ready to start the game. Curry looks tired right now. He has 4 points after one. They are 2 for 9 from three. I know they like the three but man put a team to sleep by running the offense and getting some people easy buckets. I don?t think The warriors Can win this series without winning this game. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Again the pass up a easy bucket for another missed three to start the 2nd. Now 2-10. I guess they are just going to keep shooting them. Poole is a liability so far tonight early second. He isn?t going to get paid for his defense. Boston cuts lead to 32-24 with the shitty line up Kerr has in there. Again instead Running the offense to get a good look Klay dribbles into a contested shot miss. I am flabbergasted at what Golden state is running on offense.
More missed threes by Golden State 3-15 Boston is 0-11but they are at least looking for easy buckets?.Boston final has hit 3 threes in a row. Golden state has made a few buckets running offense finally.

Warriors up 51-39 at halftime. Both teams are terrible from three Boston 3-15 . GS 3-
At least Boston threes have come toward the end of the second quarter.

Free throws are killing Boston (4-9) GS is (8-10)
Boston 9 turnovers to 3 .

Last edited:
Boston 10-0 run to start third. Warriors flat as a pancake and getting ready to get run out if the building. Tatum can?t miss and warriors can?t hit anything. Warriors fast break 3 on 2 . Should we take the easy 2. Naw let?s Jack up a 3.. I don?t mod when your hitting them like Boston but the warriors are not close on their threes. Tatum is taking over.Boston on a 19-4 run to open third quarter to take a 58-55 lead as they are 8-20 from three and golden still stuck on 3 (3-20). Warriors missed 14 threes in a row before Klay?s two makes. Boston out scores Golden State 35-24 in the third cut halftime deficit of 12 down to one (it did take a miracle Poole three ar the end. Warriors lead 75-74 end of three.

Last edited:
Back