Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nebraska Game

As pissed as i am you aren't running the table with this secondary. It was a potential weak link to start the season and then you take away williamson, hicks, and copeland and you're susceptible to this.

Their O line absolutely dominated our D line all game long, it's why they only needed one play to win. They had 499 yards of offense on our D.

143 of those yards came against the dog shit prevent defense on the last 2 drives. 91 on the last drive. we had them pinned at their own 9 w/ 55 seconds left. inexcusable

Last edited:
Plus the game should've have been over with the INT in the end zone by calqhoun. So many missed opportunities. Been living on a prayer all year, it was bound to bite us. But like I said, beat Maryland, OSU, and an undefeated Iowa and there is no way we're being left out.

and let's not forget special teams. Again. up 2 scores and our kick coverage unit stood by while NU returned the ball to the 43. amazing.

Plus the game should've have been over with the INT in the end zone by calqhoun. So many missed opportunities. Been living on a prayer all year, it was bound to bite us. But like I said, beat Maryland, OSU, and an undefeated Iowa and there is no way we're being left out.
We should get in if we end up 12-1 but I just don't see that happening with a patchwork secondary.

We should get in if we end up 12-1 but I just don't see that happening with a patchwork secondary.

Just have to beat OSU. They're the only team that can really pass the ball down field. Iowa is a run team which works into our favor. Penn State has Hackenberg but no way that offensive line holds up against MSU and they don't have the weapons.

its worse when you you have money on it and its 95% over...nope. :) I watched with no vloume.. Soooooo, we didnt have 1 second left for the long kick?? no excuse for this loss but its about time. Wake these jack wagons up, you cant scate by forever.....

Last edited:
playoffs over.....they asked for it , they got it. No excuse after a bye week.

We would have been lucky to escape. Clearly that last play should not have been a td but we shouldn't have given up those two big gains, etc. Get a 1st down and we win, lots of things to point to.

Time to wake these fucks up. You cant escape forever ....

~Signed

2014 FSU team

Last edited:
I have never seen special teams play this bad, Nebraska's average starting field position on 7 kick returns was the 40.

I have many thoughts on this game now that my blood isn't as boiling:
-We got outplayed overall tonight.
-The secondary is atrocious and is not being put in the best position to succeed, stop playing single coverage everywhere and stop playing prevent in the final minute with 15 yards of cushion on the receivers. Also catch the fucking ball and that play never happens.
-As good as Cook is you need to know the situation, you can't chuck it 20 yards out of bounds with 2 seconds left to end the game
-The refs should be suspended ala the Duke-Miami refs, worst call of the year bar none. Unfortunately the Big Ten office is filled with gutless pussies that don't have the balls to make the right decision.
-We have the worst special teams unit in FBS football, the guys suck and the coach needs to go. Whether it's kicking it OB or these stupid ass squibs or penalties that give the other team the ball at the 50 it's costing us games.
-The play call on 3rd and 8 to ice the game with a little over a minute left was absolutely asinine. An end around with a TE? Let Cook work his magic. Throw a safe pass or something for 5 yards and maybe the receiver can make a play to get the 1st. Timid play calling with a don't lose mentality.

I think there's little chance we get in now, even if we win out. I won't get over this loss for a while.

Last edited:
I have many thoughts on this game now that my blood isn't as boiling:
-We got outplayed overall tonight.
-The secondary is atrocious and is not being put in the best position to succeed, stop playing single coverage everywhere and stop playing prevent in the final minute with 15 yards of cushion on the receivers. Also catch the fucking ball and that play never happens.
-As good as Cook is you need to know the situation, you can't chuck it 20 yards out of bounds with 2 seconds left to end the game
-The refs should be suspended ala the Duke-Miami refs, worst call of the year bar none. Unfortunately the Big Ten office is filled with gutless pussies that don't have the balls to make the right decision.
-We have the worst special teams unit in FBS football, the guys suck and the coach needs to go. Whether it's kicking it OB or these stupid ass squibs or penalties that give the other team the ball at the 50 it's costing us games.
-The play call on 3rd and 8 to ice the game with a little over a minute left was absolutely asinine. An end around with a TE? Let Cook work his magic. Throw a safe pass or something for 5 yards and maybe the receiver can make a play to get the 1st. Timid play calling with a don't lose mentality.

I think there's little chance we get in now, even if we win out. I won't get over this loss for a while.[/QU

"juuuuuust....hoooold oooooon" that retard menatlity has been going on over 20years ( even with legitimate teams other than the rose bowl year). Were lucky to have won as many games as we have

Last edited:
Scott Macalwee was the line judge who came running in from across the field to say th receiver was pushed out of bounds. Both officials near the play were going to let it go to the booth and be reviewable. The same guy called the PI on Dennard at SS in 2012 that cost us the game. The same guy called an awful PI on us last year that almost cost us the Nebraska game. Wow.

Scott Macalwee was the line judge who came running in from across the field to say th receiver was pushed out of bounds. Both officials near the play were going to let it go to the booth and be reviewable. The same guy called the PI on Dennard at SS in 2012 that cost us the game. The same guy called an awful PI on us last year that almost cost us the Nebraska game. Wow.

I hope his brake lines dont get cut or something :bat:

I don't think they could overturn the force out call. If they didn't make that call on the field it could have been overturned saying he went out of bounds but if the red recognized he ran half of his route out of bounds and said it was forced, the play has to stand.

That was the worst example of prevent defense I've ever seen on both drives. What good is it to sit back and keep everything in front of you if you're letting them move down the field in 25-30 yard chunks? Better to play your normal stuff there and if they beat you deep, well at least then you have a little more time to get the ball back and do something.

Last edited:
I don't agree with whoever said that if MSU runs the table they don't get it. Wins over Michigan, undefeated Ohio State, undefeated Iowa, and Oregon (who after a 3-3 start due to Adams injury is 6-3) is better than what any ACC, Big 12, or big 12 team can show.

Hell Alabama lost to ole miss who just lost to Arkansas. Still not as bad as Nebraska, but not by too much.

I don't agree with whoever said that if MSU runs the table they don't get it. Wins over Michigan, undefeated Ohio State, undefeated Iowa, and Oregon (who after a 3-3 start due to Adams injury is 6-3) is better than what any ACC, Big 12, or big 12 team can show.

Hell Alabama lost to ole miss who just lost to Arkansas. Still not as bad as Nebraska, but not by too much.

I don't agree either but we just lost to a 1-4 B1G West team. its absurd to think we can win in Columbus.

Back