Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New 2017 UM Commit slams Brian Kelly

I'm more troubled that he thanked the Christian god for blessing him with football skills. That shows a certain ignorance of the nature of heritable genes, good nutrition, and upbringing, as well as a dangerously self-absorbed world view. But, surprisingly, given all that, he didn't choose ND, so there is hope for this kid.

I've heard a lot of football players say things like this. Probably the majority of them are of this mindset.

Why is it more particularly troubling about this kid than anybody else?

I'm cutting it. To each their own.

Sports! We're number 2 and bball is right around the corner. NDSucks.

woodson2.jpg

I've heard a lot of football players say things like this. Probably the majority of them are of this mindset.

Why is it more particularly troubling about this kid than anybody else?

It's not more troubling than when other people say it, just that I find his comment about god more troubling than the thing about Harbaugh's open door policy.

but I'm talking in jest. I'm not really troubled by either. 18 year olds say and do dumb things all the time, especially dumb ones who play football. I hope he comes and plays for us, wins many football games, and isn't really dumb.

Jeter spoke with a newspaper. Hardly a "new-world" media source. This was no impetuous tweet or Facebook post.

I guess I wasn't referring to just this incident - I think this sort of candor and/or bad form is going to be commonplace whether conveyed via social media or otherwise. We had a kid de-commit because he got a letter from the staff thinking he'd been at the BBQ when he hadn't. Rather than let that blow over or reach out to the staff, he withdrew his commitment, cited hurt feelings and sulked.

Not sure if "taking the high road" is a concept anymore.

I guess I wasn't referring to just this incident - I think this sort of candor and/or bad form is going to be commonplace whether conveyed via social media or otherwise. We had a kid de-commit because he got a letter from the staff thinking he'd been at the BBQ when he hadn't. Rather than let that blow over or reach out to the staff, he withdrew his commitment, cited hurt feelings and sulked.

Not sure if "taking the high road" is a concept anymore.

So let's just abandon it all together?

It's not more troubling than when other people say it, just that I find his comment about god more troubling than the thing about Harbaugh's open door policy.

but I'm talking in jest. I'm not really troubled by either. 18 year olds say and do dumb things all the time, especially dumb ones who play football. I hope he comes and plays for us, wins many football games, and isn't really dumb.

Better it coming from a rather humble 18yr old than someone like Ray Lewis or Deion Sanders who invoke God after decades of sinful behavior.

And perhaps it was Divine Intervention that caused Brian Kelly to be an asshole and chase away this kid ...into the welcoming and devoutly Catholic arms of Jim Harbaugh?

At the beginning of every game thread from now on, I'm going to remind you that a large number of the players that you are rooting for have a certain ignorance of the nature of heritable genes, coupled with a dangerously self absorbed world view.

So let's just abandon it all together?

Of course not and I said as much in my first reply to your post - I just think that the new normal for most kids is not to.

With respect to my son, the child I am raising, we've talked plenty about taking the High Road ...how the best revenge against a dirty opponent is to score on them and to stay above the nonsense.

I will continue to try to instill in him a sense of honor and humility - just see it as a sad mark on the kids these days.

I think that Harbaugh should privately admonish this recruit for his actions. To illustrate that he's not concerned with his reaction or next step.

Jeter spoke to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about his decision and compared Jim Harbaugh to Kelly and the comparison was interesting to say the least.

"He doesn't act like he's important," Jeter said of Harbaugh. "He doesn't act like he's one of the best coaches in the country. He's real down to earth and humble. He's easy to talk to. Talking to Brian Kelly wasn't fun. It wasn't cool. You have to make an appointment just to go to his office. Coach Harbaugh has an open-door policy. Every one of Michigan's coaches has an open-door policy."

Wolverine 247 titled the article Michigan commit compares Harbaugh to Kelly.

I don't see this as being much of a slam.

To me this is a non-event, just like whether Jeter has or doesn't have a certain ignorance of the nature of heritable genes, and also whether or not Jeter has or doesn't have a troubling and dangerously self absorbed world view.

Jeter spoke to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about his decision and compared Jim Harbaugh to Kelly and the comparison was interesting to say the least.

"He doesn't act like he's important," Jeter said of Harbaugh. "He doesn't act like he's one of the best coaches in the country. He's real down to earth and humble. He's easy to talk to. Talking to Brian Kelly wasn't fun. It wasn't cool. You have to make an appointment just to go to his office. Coach Harbaugh has an open-door policy. Every one of Michigan's coaches has an open-door policy."

Wolverine 247 titled the article Michigan commit compares Harbaugh to Kelly.

I don't see this as being much of a slam.

To me this is a non-event, just like whether Jeter has or doesn't have a certain ignorance of the nature of heritable genes, and also whether or not Jeter has or doesn't have a troubling and dangerously self absorbed world view.

I assume that the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette asked him why he changed from NDSucks to Michigan. He gave an honest answer. Not really a big deal.

It's funny. Idiots like Finebaum always talk about Jim's arrogance, but from everything I've seen, he's all about the kids and the team.

Finebaum is an IDIOT. He quickly lost my resoect for a sports analyst over the last couple of months. Really don't like him.

Fineballs is the biggest dildo, with ears, on television. The guy is a total bitch. When he tried being a journalist for a day by calling out Nick Saban(for the players arrested in Louisiana), Saban almost killed him on national tv. Fineballs shit himself and abruptly about-faced and proceeded to then give Saban a blow job under the table.

Accusing people of being whiners is a relatively safe move as a troll. What are people going to do? Whine about it?

Back