Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Headquarters

I agree with a good portion of what you say here. The NFL is hurting it's product with the way games are controlled by the refs. PI on almost every play it seems. If the rules are so slanted against the defenders that they can't cover anyone then maybe the competition committee needs to adjust what is PI. Unacceptable that its still a spot foul. It's a 15 yard penalty for intentionally going after a QB's knees....which is season/career ending dangerous.....or because a DE brushes a QB's helmet trying to knock down a pass.....but could be 40+ yards because a defender might get his hand up a second early on a deep pass??? REALLY???

Why is EVERY penalty against the defense an automatic 1st down?? If its 3rd and 20 and a defender gets caught holding at the LOS.....AUTOMATIC 1st down?!?!?!? I could understand a 5 yard penalty and replay the down.....but the offense never crossed the first down line.....why should they get an automatic 1st down??

I also very much dislike the way the NFL wont allow end zone celebrations anymore. I get it, they don't want this crazy orchestrated routine......but man some of those old school celebrations were awesome. The old Oilers with the grenade that knocked everyone down....that was fucking classic. I don't mind it at all as long as it's not profane or sexually dirty.....as those don't belong in a football game either. The NFL is entertainment.....let the players entertain.

Cant wear different shoes......can't slam dunk over the goal post......cant review judgement calls (which are some of the most important calls made). The fact that there is no possible way to look at a call like the one against Ebron is ridiculous to me.

Either way..... I will watch weekly and enjoy going to games with my boys......but its getting worse, not better.

Yup, national flag league, no fun league, and national fraud league all rolled into one. Lol

Lions also dodged a massive bullet on that last drive. Stafford was clearly ripped of the football and the other team recovered, they didn't even take a look at it.

That game should have never been in jeopardy. First home game against a really bad football team, and they looked bad.

Lions also dodged a massive bullet on that last drive. Stafford was clearly ripped of the football and the other team recovered, they didn't even take a look at it.

That game should have never been in jeopardy. First home game against a really bad football team, and they looked bad.

Yeah that was what was depressing. Verses a bad team jim bob's offense only scored 15 damn points verses one very bad football club.

Last edited:
Titans ,at green bay, at hou, at min, at giants. 11-5

6-1 finish would be nice

Refs need to get on board and need to get healthy.

Titans ,at green bay, at hou, at min, at giants. 11-5

6-1 finish would be nice

Refs need to get on board and need to get healthy.

Need to get healthy on defense, as we stand, this defense will not allow this team to win 8 games. I don't think there is a reason to be optimistic right now. There just isn't. Pissing away a home game against a really bad team is a terrible start, coupled with injuries that we've heard basically nothing in terms of longevity. Not looking forward to the rest of this season.

Titans scored 16. The defense was fine without ansah and levy. Both could be back. Williams and van noy could. be back. Whithead, lawson and diggs have proven they can play better too

Last edited:

That play for stafford never should havr happened. Lions should have been up in the game, not down since the ref botched

Ebron opi
Low hit by casey
Intentional grounding not called on titans first fg drive

19-14 lions was the score with titans attempting an onside kick

Lions true win if i have ever seen one

It didnt even out. Titans didnt have 17 penalties. They should have

Not everything happens in a vacuum dude. If Ebron would have scored that TD, you have no clue how the Titans would have responded. They could have come out after that and responded right away.

Bottom line, Lions lost. You are right, they should have been up in the game by about 18-21 points against an inferior competition. But when you get dragged down by horrible coaching and a lack of intensity, that's what you get.

Not everything happens in a vacuum dude. If Ebron would have scored that TD, you have no clue how the Titans would have responded. They could have come out after that and responded right away.

Bottom line, Lions lost. You are right, they should have been up in the game by about 18-21 points against an inferior competition. But when you get dragged down by horrible coaching and a lack of intensity, that's what you get.

That's exactly right. Maybe instead of taking 5-6 minutes on their last scoring drive the Titans maybe they go quicker and get the TD sooner.. Still having time to get the ball and score again..

Bottom line, the better teams get past the adversity. So shit happens, so what. Finish.

It is too much adversity. Way too much.

It's not a vacumn but momentum is huge. Ebron scores that TD I'm 100% positive Lions win the game. I'm 100% positive Titans don't get a field goal if they call that intentional grounding correctly. I'm fairly positive we could have done more on the punted drive where Casey took out Stafford's knee. That was really dirty by the way too.

The Lions were dominating. Up 15-3 with 1:40 left to play in the 3rd Quarter
3 major blown ref calls cost the Lions 4 points and gave the Titans 3 points. Plus should have extended another Lions drive.
Best DE, best RB, top 5 of 6 LBs. Way too much adversity to have to overcome. Could they have played better. Sure. But they played pretty well.

And Whitehead and Bush had good coverage on the Johnson TD. They were smothering him. 99% of the time that ball is incomplete.

The Titans are better than people think too. At least on defense. Mariota put together two nice drives. Walker had 1,000 yards last year and scored a TD. Andre Johnson has been doing it for years. But the Titans didn't start scoring until ALL our LBs were hurt.

Last edited:

It's not a vacumn but momentum is huge. Ebron scores that TD I'm 100% positive Lions win the game. I'm 100% positive Titans don't get a field goal if they call that intentional grounding correctly. I'm fairly positive we could have done more on the punted drive where Casey took out Stafford's knee. That was really dirty by the way too.

3 major blown ref calls cost the Lions 4 points and gave the Titans 3 points. Plus should have extended another Lions drive.
Best DE, best RB, top 5 of 6 LBs. Way too much adversity to have to overcome. Could they have played better. Sure. But they played pretty well.

And Whitehead and Bush had good coverage on the Johnson TD. They were smothering him. 99% of the time that ball is incomplete.

The Titans are better than people think too. At least on defense. Mariota put together two nice drives. Walker had 1,000 yards last year and scored a TD. Andre Johnson has been doing it for years. But the Titans didn't start scoring until ALL our LBs were hurt.

bla..bla...bla.

Same shit out of you every year.

If and buts. This team should have been 14-21 points clear of the Titans by the 4th quarter.

bla..bla...bla.

Same shit out of you every year.

Injuries (really unlucky this time) and ref incompetence. The refs need to change. Badly

Lions have only 2 healthy linebackers out of 7 they had. This is like Colts secondary but worse.

Ansah and Levy are two of the 3 best players on defense.

It's rather ridiculous

Packers need Lacy, Mike Daniels, Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Fackrell and Jake Ryan to sit to be even. But I'm sure Sam Shields will have a miracle recovery and Packers will be at full strength.

If and buts. This team should have been 14-21 points clear of the Titans by the 4th quarter.

They were. But the refs took points away and gave the Titans 3. 19-0 was the true score with 1:40 to play. And again, the Titans didn't start scoring until Williams and Van Noy went out.

Last edited:
Yes or No time
Was that OPI on Ebron
Was that intentional grounding by Mariota
Was that an illegal dirty hit by Casey on Stafford
Did you notice Titans were held to 3 points until ALL our LBs went out?

reality or fantasy time

was it a 19-0 win by the Lions
was it a 16-15 loss by the Lions

Reality time
5-4 start to season
Bye
6-1 finish
11-5 record still

Although I wouldn't be 100% sure like you I would be inclined to agree with you, however what difference does it make?, this shit happens every year. No Virginia it won't be different next time. Enjoy the next flag no flag controlled guided shit show outcome against the Packers next. Maybe you should call up roger and ask for a true win post season spot for the team with the most true wins, maybe he'd go for it. #National Fraud League.

Last edited:
Back