Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL draft order 2019

biggunsbob

Unfortunately this is why we never get a dominant player. We always seem to pick in the middle dang it all. Last year we picked 6 . I guess we have to do it like we always do. Get lucky with some free agents and late round draft picks because this years team is not as bad as we thought .

Look at the top five in the draft so far.

Kings
Blues
Hawks
Devils
Flyers

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2019/

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is why we never get a dominant player. We always seem to pick in the middle dang it all. Last year we picked 6 . I guess we have to do it like we always do. Get lucky with some free agents and late round draft picks because this years team is not as bad as we thought .

Look at the top five in the draft so far.

Kings
Blues
Hawks
Devils
Flyers

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2019/

I disagree. This team is as bad as we thought they would be.

Howard's remarkable performances have been carrying this team.
That and Larkin/AA offensively have been creating tons of chances.

I consider that win streak an anomaly, something that this team cannot sustain.

Just look at Buffalo, they win 9 straight going from bottom of conference to near the stop. Than they go ahead and follow that with 4 straight losses.

Owners got that parity they wanted. Most teams are still in the middle of the pack, including the Blues (can match Detroit), Flyers (can leapfrog Detroit), and Devils (can match Detroit).

I disagree with your disagree. The thing is so many teams are not so good. So weather or not we're playoff team we'll win our fair share. I think we're a 85+ point team. A bad outing vs the Caps won't change that outlook for me. We've competed against some good teams so far.. And who's to know if Howard can't continue to dominate.

Last edited:
I mean only recent games against good teams was Boston, Washington, Toronto, and Tampa.

Detroit blew a 3 goal lead vs an AHL backup goalie playing Tampa.
Detroit crushed by Washington and last outing and had very little in the previous.
They managed to beat Boston who is still missing 2 of their top 3 defenders.
Detroit blew another lead against an AHL goalie in the Toronto game.

It does not help that Blashill in his infinite Wisdom has been limiting the minutes of Chorlowski the past few games. You know the guy who's been the best D on the team this season.

I mean look at the LA game. LA is THE WORST team in the NHL. And the primary reason Detroit won was cause Howard stood on his head. That was another on the long list of lucky/undeserved wins. Which with this team, is most of them.

Sooner or later the luck will run out. And Captain Clutch Howard will get injured soon enough. As he always does.

Well it remains to be seen what will happen. I really think this team is over achieving but it appears we will not have a top 5 pick as of right now. The league really has a lot of bad teams. The Wings do seem to be finding ways to win. It would not surprise me if we get a top 5 pick. It also would not suprise if the Red Wings make the playoffs either because the East is so bad. Yeah Boston was missing guys but the Wings have been banged up a lot this year so that argument does not hold up. Howard has stolen some games but it is is nice to see Larkin , and AA playing well. Mantha was playing great till the dumbass decided to punch a guy.

Just wish The Wings would play the young guys most of the minutes. I guess we are stuck with Holland. Wish Yzerman was running the team.

Last edited:
Well it remains to be seen what will happen. I really think this team is over achieving but it appears we will not have a top 5 pick as of right now. The league really has a lot of bad teams. The Wings do seem to be finding ways to win. It would not surprise me if we get a top 5 pick. It also would not suprise if the Red Wings make the playoffs either because the East is so bad. Yeah Boston was missing guys but the Wings have been banged up a lot this year so that argument does not hold up. Howard has stolen some games but it is is nice to see Larkin , and AA playing well. Mantha was playing great till the dumbass decided to punch a guy.

Just wish The Wings would play the young guys most of the minutes. I guess we are stuck with Holland. Wish Yzerman was running the team.

Not sure the GM controls how many minutes someone gets.

Come on you know what I mean lol . Holland sure does seem to control when they come up from Grand Rapids.

Yes, they do do that. But I think in their opinion having too many young guys (rookies) is not a good thing. I wish Ehn would get more time.. I also think FRK has a limited skill set. And replacing him wouldn't be a bad thing.

I pray to god Holland trades both Howard and Nyquist at the deadline and we get a 1st for both of them.

This team isn't that far away from contending again. Adding a player like jack hughes to this team plus with zadina and veleno on the way the wings are a legit #1 dman away from being a really good team.

This team isn't that far away from contending again. Adding a player like jack hughes to this team plus with zadina and veleno on the way the wings are a legit #1 dman away from being a really good team.

After ten games it felt like they had a legit shot at him but now I'm not sure. Those are some really long odds.

I pray to god Holland trades both Howard and Nyquist at the deadline and we get a 1st for both of them.

The Wings are reportedly asking a first for Howard. The sooner a deal is done the better.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-leafs-wouldnt-trade-nylander-pietrangelo/

As for Nyquist he has a NTC, so he can veto any trade.

I don't see Nyquist sticking around in the summer though. On the open market someone might be desperate enough to offer him 6+ mil a year.

Someone was foolish enough to give Evander Kane a 7 year deal worth 7 per season. He's more of a goal scorer, but goose does have comparable numbers.

Another example.
Adam Henrique another 40-50 point guy signed an extension in summer for 5.85 per year for 6 years with a modified trade clause. Scary how much 2nd line players are making these days.

Man a first for Howard would be sweet. Not sure what Gus is worth. Would he veto it ? I guess it depends if the team has a shot at the Cup.

Who knows.

Its a shame Holland didn't learn anything from the Leafs about handing out no trade clauses.

It sucks that we could fall all the way to 6th if we get bad luck. I hate lottery’s in draft. Just give to to the worse teams . But then every time I do the draft sim ten times and reset it every time .

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

Finally all the numbers 1-6 have showed up. I reset the sim every time .Boy is sucks we slide so much but at least we hit number 1 six out of thirty attempts. Three, two and four hardly show up. Hey Hammer and I misssing something?

Last edited:
No.

Statistically 5th or 6th is where the team will draft if they have 3rd worst record.

Hell, even Colorado (Ottawa's pick) is about 50% chance of being #4.

Thanks . That just sucks. Let the teams Pick were the fall based on the worst records.

Back