Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Playoff Bubble

biggunsbob

Eastern conference
Boston wins Series 4-1.

GM #1 Bruins 4 Hurricanes 3 Final 2 ot.
GM #2 Hurricanes 3 Bruins 2 final
GM #3 Bruins 3 Hurricanes 1 Final.
GM #4 Bruins 4 Hurricanes 3 Final.
GM #5 Bruins 2 Hurricanes 1 Final.
=========================
Flyers Win Series 4-2.

GM #1 Flyers 2 Canadiens 1 Final.
GM #2 Canadiens 5 Flyers 0 Final.
GM #3 Flyers 1 Canadiens 0 Final.
GM #4 Flyers 2 Canadiens 0 Final.
GM #5 Canadiens 5 Flyers 3 Final.
GM #6 Flyers 3 Canadiens 2 Final.
=========================

Islanders win series 4-1.

GM #1 Islanders 4 Capitals 2 Final.
GM #2 Islanders 5 Capitals 2 Final
GM #3 Islanders 2 Capitals 1 Final ot.
GM #4 Capitals 3 Islanders 2 Final.
GM #5 Islanders 4 Capitals 0 Final.
========================
Tampa Bay wins series 4-1.

GM #1 Lightning 3 Blue Jackets 2 Final 5 ot.
GM #2 Blue Jackets 3 Lightning 1 Final.
GM #3 Lightning 3 Blue Jackets 2 Final.
GM #4 Lightning 2 Blue Jackets 1 Final.
GM #5 Lightning 5 Blue Jackets 4 Final ot.
============================
Western Conference

Vegas wins series Chicago 4-1.

GM #1 Vegas 4 Chicago 1 Final
GM #2 Vegas 4 Chicago 3 Final ot.
GM #3 Vegas 3 Chicago 1 Final.
GM #4 Chicago 3 Vegas 1 Final.
GM #5 Vegas 4 Chicago 3 Final.
==========================
Colorado Wins series 4-1.

GM #1 Colorado 3 Phoenix 0 Final.
GM #2 Colorado 3 Phoenix 2 Final.
GM #3 Phoenix 3 Colorado 2 Final.
GM #4 Colorado 7 Phoenix 1 Final.
GM #5 Colorado 7 Phoenix 1 Final.
===========================
Canucks won series 4-2

GM #1 Canucks 5 Blues 2 Final.
GM #2 Canucks 4 Blues 3 Final ot.
GM #3 Blues 3 Canucks 2 Final ot.
GM #4 Blues 3 Canucks 1 Final.
GM #5 Canucks 4 Blues 3 Final.
GM #6 Canucks 6 Blues 2 Final.
=============================
Dallas wins series 4-2.

GM #1 Flames 3 Stars 2 Final.
GM #2 Stars 5 Flames 4 Final.
GM #3 Flames 2 Stars 0 Final.
GM #4 Stars 5 Flames 4 Final 0 ot.
GM #5 Stars 2 Flames 1 Final.
GM #6 Stars 7 Flames 3 Final. (Flames lead 3-0 in like 5 min).
=======================
=======================

Last edited:
It is disgusting that Expansion team Vegas is this good while the Wings can’t even get a top 3 pick with the worst record. Gary Bettman needs to be peppered with a million slap shots.

In my opinion nhl players today are so big , fast and strong. They should be playing on the bigger rinks that they play in the Olympics. Big rinks and more scoring.

It is disgusting that Expansion team Vegas is this good while the Wings can?t even get a top 3 pick with the worst record. Gary Bettman needs to be peppered with a million slap shots.

Teams had to agree for the lottery system to be implemented.

Last in standings = 4th pick.

Has been the status quo for years.

Has Gerard Gallant been hired yet ? I keep looking. I am shocked Steve didn’t look his way. Hell they played together.

Teams had to agree for the lottery system to be implemented.

Last in standings = 4th pick.

Has been the status quo for years.

Do you think this format prevents tanking than before lottery? I actually would like the lottery size go down. Top 8 or something. Almost playoff teams shouldn't pick 1. The chance of the worse team picking one is less than 50%. Not sure that helps or was the intended purpose. Especially since in playoff hockey there's also a chance for upsets. More than anywhere else.

No football or baseball with a lottery. Just rehashing what I have been saying for weeks so I guess no one will change my mind on this matter.

Has Gerard Gallant been hired yet ? I keep looking. I am shocked Steve didn’t look his way. Hell they played together.

If I was a betting many Blashill will still be here is my bet. When does free agency start, after the cup final?

Last edited:
Has Gerard Gallant been hired yet ? I keep looking. I am shocked Steve didn?t look his way. Hell they played together.

He's got at least 1 year left that Vegas is paying according to capfriendly.

I thought he had an extension the previous summer so that seems short.

Unlikely to see big moves with coaches until after playoffs.

Do you think this format prevents tanking than before lottery? I actually would like the lottery size go down. Top 8 or something. Almost playoff teams shouldn't pick 1. The chance of the worse team picking one is less than 50%. Not sure that helps or was the intended purpose. Especially since in playoff hockey there's also a chance for upsets. More than anywhere else.

No football or baseball with a lottery. Just rehashing what I have been saying for weeks so I guess no one will change my mind on this matter.

It doesn't prevent it.
It does decrease the rewards which I am okay with.

Ideally if you want to de-incentivize tanking, the teams with most points outside playoffs get the top picks.

If could take it even more extreme.

I am really unsure. I like your suggestions but I really do think teams as bad as The wings shouldn’t fall to 4th. I guess I am bias though. Top 8 for lottery makes sense. Heck idk. I just want the Wings to be playing playoff hockey. It’s been awhile.

Last edited:
Best non playoff teams is a bad idea. Imo. I could just see a team 2 points from the last spot losing so they can grab the top pick rather than a long shot at the cup. Not sure that's any better. It could be worse though, the NBA.

Best non playoff teams is a bad idea. Imo. I could just see a team 2 points from the last spot losing so they can grab the top pick rather than a long shot at the cup. Not sure that's any better. It could be worse though, the NBA.

If you want to de-incentivize tanking, that's the way to go.

Typically when a team is at the bottom of the standings for an extended period, typically mismanagement is high on the list of the issues.

Or if that's not palatable for you, you could go more extreme and give the #1 pick to the cup winner.

It won't solve tanking?

What incentive would a team have to tank?

I guess I don't see tanking as relevant as you see it. The cap ceiling and cap floor imo prevents tanking more than a lottery. At least that's what I think.

I guess I don't see tanking as relevant as you see it. The cap ceiling and cap floor imo prevents tanking more than a lottery. At least that's what I think.

The lottery isn't a deterent, it doesn't go far enough.

The worst it does is drops that 1st pick to a 4th pick, no big deal, still getting a top player at that position. With a near 50% chance of getting a top 3 pick.

I don't think the cap is. Recall Toronto and Buffalo during the McDavid draft.

A team can also simply use its cap space to take on bad contracts from other teams.

Ala Ottawa/Phoenix

Sure wish the Wings had drafted Hughes. Hopefully Filip proves me wrong.

Last edited:
Back