Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No Justice No Peace

Plenty of people involved. Listening at 5pm they said there were 3 major gangs that united and were doing alot of the destruction,

It's a sad situation in many states.

I'm so sick of this race thing. It's bullshit.

LZ Granderson on CNN saying "Well I'm worried about the next brown person who is trying to get somewhere."

Fuck that. Report all instances of police brutality, not just the side that gives big ratings.

CNN and MSNBC trot out every angry black man that has an opinion to spew hate on national tv. Fox trots out every racist white guy to talk about how this is all bullshit and that the victim deserved what he got. There has to be some middle ground and I'm just not seeing it on tv. Report everything.

Plenty of people involved. Listening at 5pm they said there were 3 major gangs that united and were doing alot of the destruction,

It's a sad situation in many states.

I don't buy that. There were no gang colors. There was no organization. There were women running in with purses over their shoulders. There probably was some gang activity, but this is a part of the media's plan to make the angry protesters (the ones who attacked officers) seem innocent. Goodness forbid that a black person looks bad on tv. They might be accused of racism.

Pas4jf.jpg

this is not an excuse for violence, property destruction, etc., but this isn't just the protestors. But at least try to understand why some of them might be acting the way they are. Also spare me the crap about the media (except for Fox News) being on the protestors' side, or the coverage being PC or some nonsense like that. All major media outlets here have displayed all the same weasel words they use to call it one thing when African Americans do it, and another when white Americans do it.

Some of the stories in this link would be shocking, if we hadn't already been treated to dozens of them over the last year, videos like the one in Carolina of cops just shooting a suspect in the back and planting a tazer on him, etc. Link...
"The city has paid about $5.7 million since 2011 over lawsuits claiming that police officers brazenly beat up alleged suspects. One hidden cost: The perception that officers are violent can poison the relationship between residents and police."
What would you do if you were poor, lacked education (by design), consistently brutalized by the police, for decades, with no political solution. No one you voted for ended it, and no the police faced no consequences for their actions? Again, not to excuse violence, but explain it...

this is not an excuse for violence, property destruction, etc., but this isn't just the protestors. But at least try to understand why some of them might be acting the way they are. Also spare me the crap about the media (except for Fox News) being on the protestors' side, or the coverage being PC or some nonsense like that. All major media outlets here have displayed all the same weasel words they use to call it one thing when African Americans do it, and another when white Americans do it.

Some of the stories in this link would be shocking, if we hadn't already been treated to dozens of them over the last year, videos like the one in Carolina of cops just shooting a suspect in the back and planting a tazer on him, etc. Link...
"The city has paid about $5.7 million since 2011 over lawsuits claiming that police officers brazenly beat up alleged suspects. One hidden cost: The perception that officers are violent can poison the relationship between residents and police."
What would you do if you were poor, lacked education (by design), consistently brutalized by the police, for decades, with no political solution. No one you voted for ended it, and no the police faced no consequences for their actions? Again, not to excuse violence, but explain it...

"except Fox News.." Lol. I've never seen them on the protesters side. Conservative people are never on the protesters side. Are you knew to this? And as far as the rest of your stupid post, the rioters weren't there because they had enough. They wanted free stuff and have fun..that's it.

Last edited:
Anyone see that video of the Mom slapping around her son, dressed in all black, to go home? It was humorous.

huurrrr duurrr good points mitch. you always bring so much to the discussion.

I don't buy that. There were no gang colors. There was no organization. There were women running in with purses over their shoulders. There probably was some gang activity, but this is a part of the media's plan to make the angry protesters (the ones who attacked officers) seem innocent. Goodness forbid that a black person looks bad on tv. They might be accused of racism.

Sounds difficult to believe, but this is a CBS affiliate.

http://wtvr.com/2015/04/28/baltimore-mother-praised-for-smacking-rioting-son/

Even Baltimore members of the Crips and Bloods, two street gangs renowned for drug dealing and extensive violent crime ? and for killing each other ? came together with others who condemned the rage that swept through their neighborhoods.

?The guys who pulled me aside are self-identifying as Crips and say they don?t approve of whats happening. ?This is our community,'? wrote Baltimore Sun reporter Justin Fenton on his confirmed Twitter account.

Gangs members joined community leaders and Gray?s family for a press conference Monday night on the stage at New Shiloh Baptist Church, which had held Gray?s funeral. An announcer thanked them for coming to the church.

The gangs have signed a peace deal and are uniting to push against police lines in protests, according to a report by the Daily Beast. Rev. Bryant also mentioned their peace treaty.

But police say the gangs? purpose goes much further ? that they and another gang called the Black Guerilla Family plan to ?take out? law enforcement officers, police said. ?This is a credible threat.?

[/INDENT]What would you do if you were poor, lacked education (by design), consistently brutalized by the police, for decades, with no political solution. No one you voted for ended it, and no the police faced no consequences for their actions? Again, not to excuse violence, but explain it...

I agree with the idea that this explains violence, but does not justify it. But "by design"? Really?

The element that has NEVER made sense is how rioting against innocent people makes sense. There is NOTHING right about taking their anger out on innocent people. The white people they attacked were not the police. Often they loot and destroy businesses owned by black people. Where is the sense in any of that?

And the black community has MLK as a dignified iconic and heroic figure to respect and look upon as having done things the right way. If they would follow his example, THAT is when things would change, just as they did thanks to MLK's peaceful actions. By rioting, the black community only serves to provide others a way to justify the hatred and attacks they have suffered. By peaceably demonstrating en masse, THAT is when and how they will actually achieve success. The media will have a field day reporting on police forcibly attacking a peaceful demonstration, and through those reports you get a majority of all races being in support of their demonstrations, and that results in change.

Rioting, looting, burning things down....these are not actions that lead to quality resolutions. Who has more respect, MLK or Malcolm X? Who accomplished more? These icons are right there in front of the entire black community to serve as a choice and demonstrate what power each choice brings. Malcolm X represents riots and non-peaceful demonstrations. This yields short term positive emotions for those who riot, they get their blood up and release their frustrations physically...but in the end, the community is not better for those actions. MLK provided a clear and easy to understand path toward equality and peace. These pieces of education are not lacking in the black community, they are blatantly in front of their faces.

Collectively act in a peaceful manner. March on the city or state government, even the federal. Perform peaceful sit down strikes at rush hour, especially around police stations and government buildings. Bring the government to its knees by peacefully making it impossible to get to work...or even better wait till they are at work and try to go home, only to be incapable of leaving due to a mass of humanity blocking their path. If the police come, let the media show how much force the police use against the peaceful demonstrators. Then they will have people from every race joining with you, hand in hand, arm in arm...because there isn't a threat to their well being and believe it or not, even whites are willing to face jail time in support of the peaceful black demonstration to end police brutality.

During MLK's day, many whites marched in support. Malcolm X and others like him turned against those who supported the black community when they took over as leaders. I firmly believe many whites would gladly march with the black community, if they would return to a peaceful protest.

The rioters are simply wrong. Period. This isn't even a debatable thing. Demonstrate peacefully, get a very large number of whites and other races to join the demonstration. Blacks are not the sole community that suffers from police brutality. It is actually a societal problem due to the large number of cops who are on a constant power trip. This needs to be rectified, obviously, but rioting only hinders every attempt to establish changes and provide a better future for everyone.

So no, there is zero justification for their rioting. I can understand the pent up anger and frustration, but that does not justify their action.

I agree with the idea that this explains violence, but does not justify it. But "by design"? Really?

Yes. At it's core, America is fundamentally racist. You see the Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothchilds and Colonel Sanders have designed America where by we systematically discriminate against all minorities to the extent that they're all doomed to fail. We do this so that we can pay higher and higher taxes to support a massive and ever growing welfare state. It's a great plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveBzGMD6zw

Last edited:
Damn, Bernard Parks looks pretty good.

He looks like he's lost a lot of weight; he used to be a porky fucker, as I recall.

EDIT: Check that; I was thinking of Willie Williams, who came from Philadelphia and succeeded Darryl Gates.

Parks followed Williams, and Parks was a career LAPD guy who came up through the ranks.

Last edited:
VIDEO: BRAVE VIETNAM VET STANDS UP TO RIOTING ‘CHILDREN’ IN BALTIMORE
"I love my country. I love my Charm City. I'm not black, white, red, yellow or nothing"

Amidst the chaos in Baltimore, one proud American decided enough was enough and stepped in front of police lines to confront and shame hoodlum rioters into going home.

CNN cameras captured the man, a Vietnam veteran named Robert Valentine, taking a stand against the violent thugs the media ludicrously continues to refer to as ‘protesters’.

“I’ve seen violence… They need to have their butts at home. They need to be in their home units with their families studying and doing something with their life.” Valentine told the reporter.

The rioters, described as ‘children’, by CNN reporter Joe Johns, taunted Valentine, and hurled rocks and bricks at him and the police.

Valentine stood his ground, however, gesticulating back and yelling at the rioters to go home.

Valentine said he was “Just a soldier” standing up for his city and his country against those who wish to tear it down.

“I did 30 years, okay, came out a Master Sergeant.” Valentine said. “‘I’ve seen more than all this. I’ve been through the riots already.” he added.

“I love my country. I love my Charm City. I’m not black, white, red, yellow or nothing,” the brave veteran added.

Valentine added the rioters and looters are “do not respect this young man’s death,” referring to 25-year-old Freddie Gray, who died following a brutal an altercation with police last week.

Valentine’s actions were lauded on social media, and he was widely praised:

http://www.infowars.com/video-brave-vietnam-vet-stands-up-to-rioting-children-in-baltimore/

Not to long ago I saw a documentary piece about how supportive the Jewish community was of the Black community during the times of MLK, joining them in many marches and often being arrested alongside the black protestors.

When Malcolm X and his ilk became the new leaders, they wanted to replace all of the Jewish and other white teachers because they wanted only blacks to teach blacks.

Almost 50 years later, there still exists a large entity of the black community that attempts to take the easy road and blame the whites for their lack of education, somehow claiming the white people have designed a way to prevent blacks from becoming educated. The students did not improve by having lack teachers and there is zero basis for this today, yet the blame is still wrongfully placed on others instead of themselves (and no, I'm not saying they lack the brain capacity to be educated or some other equivalent put down, for those who choose to label me a racist).

This, IMO, is one of the saddest results of MLK being assassinated, for he would have rightfully placed the blame onto the blacks who perpetuate the problem, making them look in the mirror and push themselves to be better, to overcome their obstacles and prove to the entire world that they are better than that. Take ownership and pride in one's self. So many blacks have proven it is possible to succeed today, the old and tired excuse of being downtrodden educationally by the white community no longer plays. The fault lies not in the stars...

When Malcolm X and his ilk became the new leaders, they wanted to replace all of the Jewish and other white teachers because they wanted only blacks to teach blacks.

WHAT?

What the hell did Malcolm X "and his ilk" ever become the leaders of?

Malcolm X was part of a fringe group whose single claim to legitimacy was that the leader had managed, to a degree, to brainwash the then naive heavy weight champion of the world, and United States Olympic hero (and political hero in the eyes of many, not so much in the eyes of others); who ended up having Malcolm X assassinated.

I'm often stunned at some of the wacky shit you say.

When you feel like the deck is stacked against you, rioting comes naturally. That's why MLK is held in such high esteem. It's not that he was an advocate of non-violent protest. The majority of people support non-violent protest. He was the one in a billion in the right place at the right time with the capacity to turn others to non-violent protest. It's not just a rare ability. MLK Jr. was a freakin' unicorn. We shouldn't be surprised by irrational rioting. That's the norm.

Back