Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Northwestern Game

Looks like we're going chuck and duck. No chance at sustaining a long drive so just throw deep and hope. I don't know of we have any better option.

Can someone please explain to me why they did not go for 2?! For the life of me I cannot understand it

personally, i think it was too early to go for 2. i get your point that points are hard to come by for this team, but i don't think you go for 2 until your inside 10 minutes, maybe even less if you're within 2 scores.

personally, i think it was too early to go for 2. i get your point that points are hard to come by for this team, but i don't think you go for 2 until your inside 10 minutes, maybe even less if you're within 2 scores.

That's what I mean. This offense is different than most cases although we provided it wrong with those 2 scores

it's beyond pathetic that we can't establish the run against NW and win this game by attrition.

it's beyond pathetic that we can't establish the run against NW and win this game by attrition.
That's the problem. Half of our yards rushing are due to pass protection breaking down and scrambling.

the outcome of this game is going to be a loss and we get O'Connor starting the rest of the season - double whammy. Triple if yanking lewerke so fast messes up his head.

the outcome of this game is going to be a loss and we get O'Connor starting the rest of the season - double whammy. Triple if yanking lewerke so fast messes up his head.
Lewerke is fine, going 3 and out over and over isn't a big confidence builder. Hell be OK.

Lewerke is fine, going 3 and out over and over isn't a big confidence builder. Hell be OK.

getting yanked after a half for a guy who got 5 whole games and might have the Spartan record for consecutive 3 and outs and hasn't shown anything has to have him wondering "wtf?"

Last edited:
3rd and 9 converted for a 26 yard TD - on the ground. Beyond pathetic.

how telling is that? 3 and 9 and NW runs the ball.

Last edited:
It's amazing that NW dbs can make tackles in space and ours look like pop warner kids.

getting yanked after a half for a guy who got 5 whole games and might have the Spartan record for consecutive 3 and outs and hasn't shown anything has to have him wondering "wtf?"
Lewerke should be a team first guy and understand

The announcer doesn't like the onside kick? Has he seen how the day has played? Hell, the kick coverage?

Back