Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Hungry said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

Beifeldt had an Illinois offer and Novak had a Valpo offer.. Beifeldt wasn't a bad kid to bring in he has potential.

I know all that. The perception was that both kids had no business playing at Michigan. I'm not saying that perception was right. Most people didn't say anything about Bielfeldt, because now JB has pretty much proven that he knows what he's looking for.

Still, his Illinois and Michigan offers came very late in the recruiting process.

Is a Valpo offer considered good?

Were you not around the ESPN boards when JB brought these guys in?

I was trying to get at the fact that Biefeldt was more of a legit prospect than a proven player in Novak that was under the radar. Biefeldt is anything but undeserving...

Look at GRIII offer list far from impressive. One might say Biefeldts Illinois offer is more impressive than any of his.

I would say an Illinois offer is more impressive than Burkes offers.

I would say an Illinois offer is more impressive than Hardaways Minn. offer.

Smotz offers < Biefeldts Illinois offer.

So do Hardaway, Smotz, Burke and GRIII have any business playing for Michigan? I think so. Same goes for Biefeldt.

buuuut the illinois offer is a little suspect since his family donated enough money to the university to get their name on a building....

Hungry said:
DR said:
Ha, I don't know about the age thing, I was guessing.

McGary was barely a top 100 guy a year ago, wasn't he? DAMN, Beilein has an eye for talent!

It wasn't because of his talent level, it was because he had poor grades and ADHD, so most schools didn't expect him to qualify.
Meh that played a role but he wasn't even starting for his team which is why he wasn't in the top 100. I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find back up high schoolers in the top 100 for recruiting.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
Hungry said:
I know all that. The perception was that both kids had no business playing at Michigan. I'm not saying that perception was right. Most people didn't say anything about Bielfeldt, because now JB has pretty much proven that he knows what he's looking for.

Still, his Illinois and Michigan offers came very late in the recruiting process.

Is a Valpo offer considered good?

Were you not around the ESPN boards when JB brought these guys in?

I was trying to get at the fact that Biefeldt was more of a legit prospect than a proven player in Novak that was under the radar. Biefeldt is anything but undeserving...

Look at GRIII offer list far from impressive. One might say Biefeldts Illinois offer is more impressive than any of his.

So do Hardaway, Smotz, Burke and GRIII have any business playing for Michigan? I think so. Same goes for Biefeldt.

That's all well and good. I didn't question the Biefeldt offer, so you're convincing someone that didn't need convincing. I said that the perception was that he wasn't something Michigan should be bringing in. I read a lot of moaning and groaning posts when he signed his LOI.

Beez said:
Hungry said:
It wasn't because of his talent level, it was because he had poor grades and ADHD, so most schools didn't expect him to qualify.
Meh that played a role but he wasn't even starting for his team which is why he wasn't in the top 100. I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to find back up high schoolers in the top 100 for recruiting.

Ok i didnt' know that. i was going off of things that I read

Stil, it worked out well and I still wonder about what might be going on in JB's head. The guy seems to be very smart about this stuff and basketball in general.

Hungry said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

That's all well and good. I didn't question the Biefeldt offer, so you're convincing someone that didn't need convincing. I said that the perception was that he wasn't something Michigan should be bringing in. I read a lot of moaning and groaning posts when he signed his LOI.

Gotcha.. Not sure why anyone would ever question his ability to find hidden talent..

If you don't want to bother with btn.com and don't mind waiting a few days, tonight's exhibition will be broadcast on BTN Monday at 12:30pm.

Good, along with Stauskus and Robinson, McGary is expected to sign his letter of intent on Wednesday, per Dave Telep of ESPN.

Whoops, today is Wednesday. Duh

McGary's LOI has been received at Michigan.

Beilein announced at his presser today that Burke will start.

That didn't take long.

Interesting. Does anybody remember how Beilein handled Morris exactly his first year? I'm pretty sure he didn't start right out of the gate, but could be wrong. Does it indicate that JB has more faith in Burke immediately than he did in Morris at the same point in their careers? Or is it more a product of the situation here?

Actually I thought he started the first ten games or so then got replaced.

I do think it's safe to say that Burke is a more well rounded player coming out of high school, and Morris' main talents weren't needed as much with Manny there to dominate the ball.

Go Blue tonight! Hope they start off with a bang n hang some points on these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renovations look pretty sharp. Still having a little bit of trouble with the speakers at times, but the inside of the arena definitely has a feeling of legitimacy. It sure makes how terrible the concourses are stand out though.

Back