Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Well look at this, maybe a shift in everyone's least liked strategy?

?The perfect world is we want five personal fouls going into the halftime, with one or two minutes to go,? Beilein said. ?Sometimes, because of depth, the last couple years, if Zak Irvin or Derrick Walton got their second foul in the first half, we didn?t have a whole lot of people coming in. And maybe we overdid that. Some guys didn?t average two fouls a game. So that?s a little bit too cautious."

Just a heads up that http://www.umhoops.com/ is gearing up for the season with some pretty good content. There were a couple good comments from Beilein in the Quotes article and the position previews are very solid.

First exhibition game two weeks from tomorrow!

Damn. This year went by fast. Can't believe CBB is almost back.

New writer at UMHoops, Orion Sang, stated that Sean Lonergan was getting run with the 2s in yesterday's open practice.

This is not good. When we got X as a legit backup to Walton, I was hoping it would be the end of walk-ons playing any meaningful minutes.

Quote from Sang:

"Starters appear to be Walton-MAAR-Robinson-Irvin-Wagner.

Then I think Wilson, Donnal, Simpson and Watson will be next off the bench. Wilson can give them some size and bounce at the 4, Donnal as the second big and Simpson as backup PG and in some two PG sets with Walton. Watson will need to give them some minutes on the wing — wouldn't be surprised to see Sean Lonergan get some run, too. He was with the 2s today and not the scout team"

Typically JB plays an 8-9 man rotation so hopefully he is just with the 2s for practice purposes.

Last edited:
I guess technically they do only have three true guards w/scholarships on the roster. I think those three will soak up the vast majority of minutes though, and there is flexibility with Watson, Robinson, and even Irvin in a pinch. I feel pretty safe in assuming it would take multiple injuries before Lonergan sees any meaningful minutes.

I guess technically they do only have three true guards w/scholarships on the roster. I think those three will soak up the vast majority of minutes though, and there is flexibility with Watson, Robinson, and even Irvin in a pinch. I feel pretty safe in assuming it would take multiple injuries before Lonergan sees any meaningful minutes.

I hope you're right and I think you most likely are. I don't want to watch the wing version of Dakich.

Hoops officially starts tonight at 9 PM EST! Where can you watch the game? On the cash grab bullshit that is BTN Plus! Sure there are BTN cameras and crew at Crisler, but why should paying for BTN allow you to watch Michigan? BTN only has 4-5 alternate channels available. No way they could squeeze the game onto one of those. No, no. A $10 a month online service for non-televised games is what the consumers want!

Sure it's only $10, but it's the principle. Find a free online stream somewhere and GO BLUE!

Robinson and Wagner not doing much. Thankfully we're pulling away now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I hate to be the voice of reason, but these early games are so hard to tell anything. Penn State lost at home to Albany. Maryland beat American by 6. UCONN lost to Wagner. Xavier beat Lehigh by 3.

This stuff is strange early on.

I hate to be the voice of reason, but these early games are so hard to tell anything. Penn State lost at home to Albany. Maryland beat American by 6. UCONN lost to Wagner. Xavier beat Lehigh by 3.

This stuff is strange early on.

Obviously we never looked great, especially offensively. But after the first ten minutes or so, whenever Howard pulled close we seemed to hit a couple of big shot/grab a couple of big boards and go back up 8-10. And then controlled the second half.

I'm not overly concerned right now. It was just a poor showing for most of the night. Really bad shooting from 4 out of 5 starters. Bad shooting nights happen.

I still wish Irvin would have been forced to change his shot. It's bad form and leads to his inconsistency.

Pretty great that you can't even watch the game today. Fuck BTN Plus up the ass. No lube.

To be honest, even if this game was on I probably wouldn't watch. What a lifeless program.

Nah you don't. We are fans. I've watched a great deal of the games as well, even when they were total garbage.

Back