Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OK State could be in the BCS title game..

You know who else dominated Oklahoma?

Texas Tech
cool.png

Who are they passing Alabama? I don't think voters move one team over another who's not playing.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Who are they passing Alabama? I don't think voters move one team over another who's not playing.

See Michigan/Florida 2006.

Better, snot rolling OK could possibly drop the Sooners below Michigan in the BCS...since Michigan isn't going to the BCS Championship Game, who gives a fuck who does?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Better, snot rolling OK could possibly drop the Sooners below Michigan in the BCS...since Michigan isn't going to the BCS Championship Game, who gives a fuck who does?

One possibility. If Oklahome St plays in the title game it might still be possible for Oklahoma and Baylor to be in front of UM. 3 teams from the same conference can't get BCS bids unless one of them is in a title game.

I assume UM would stay ahead of Baylor and Okla. would drop below UM but no guarantees.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="TinselWolverine":s5dqe1bt]Better, snot rolling OK could possibly drop the Sooners below Michigan in the BCS...since Michigan isn't going to the BCS Championship Game, who gives a fuck who does?

One possibility. If Oklahome St plays in the title game it might still be possible for Oklahoma and Baylor to be in front of UM. 3 teams from the same conference can't get BCS bids unless one of them is in a title game.

I assume UM would stay ahead of Baylor and Okla. would drop below UM but no guarantees. [/quote:s5dqe1bt]

the only way for a conference to have 3 teams in the bcs is if both teams in the championship are from the same conference and did not win that conference. i.e. if georgia had beat lsu and then lsu and bama played in the title game. that is the only scenario a team is allowed to have 3 teams in the bcs because 1 and 2 have to play in the championship no matter what and the conference winner has to get a bid no matter what. the big 12 can not have 3. if you want an example see 2006 when wisconsin was 7 and was snubbed by the bcs because they were not allowed to play.

Boy, Bama is the team that I've been touting all year, but Ok State is making a case.

People are looking for a reason not to have a rematch.

allshouldbleedblue said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

I assume UM would stay ahead of Baylor and Okla. would drop below UM but no guarantees.

the only way for a conference to have 3 teams in the bcs is if both teams in the championship are from the same conference and did not win that conference. i.e. if georgia had beat lsu and then lsu and bama played in the title game. that is the only scenario a team is allowed to have 3 teams in the bcs because 1 and 2 have to play in the championship no matter what and the conference winner has to get a bid no matter what. the big 12 can not have 3. if you want an example see 2006 when wisconsin was 7 and was snubbed by the bcs because they were not allowed to play.

Ah Okay, I thought only one had to be a title game. Nonetheless, I still hope we pass Okla. and stay ahead of Baylor. We need to pass as many as possible to be top 14. Thanks.

One possibility. If Oklahome St plays in the title game it might still be possible for Oklahoma and Baylor to be in front of UM.

OK, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

The first thing has absolutely nothing to do with the second thing.

If OK State ends up #2 in the final BCS rankings, it has absolutely nothing to do with where Baylor or Oklahoma will end up relative to Michigan in those same rankings.

allshouldbleedblue said:
just got to be top 14 and no va tech at large and nothing else matters.

There will be no Va Tech at large.

Sure, VA Tech will be an at large option, but who the fuck wants them?

Nobody wants Clemson - but somebody is going to be stuck with them (probably the Orange Bowl; which should be renamed the Fuck Ass Annual ACC vs. Big East Can't Play Football Worth Jack Shit Bowl)...

So who the fuck is gonna want VA Tech, having lost to Clemson, who nobody wants in the first place, let alone twice?

Okie State is just rolling.. How the fuck does this team not pass Bama? FLorida was nowhere near this impressive in their championship game in 2006 when they jumped Michigan..

The USA and Harris poll have them at 5. They will pass VA. Tech in both which should help big time. And a huge quality win.

Uh, oh...Okie touchdown...only 44-10 now...

Will this cost the Cowboys a shot at the BCS Championship Game, and Michigan a shot at the Sugar Bowl?

tigers99888 said:
Okie State is just rolling.. How the fuck does this team not pass Bama? FLorida was nowhere near this impressive in their championship game in 2006 when they jumped Michigan..

Personally I wouldn't put them ahead of Bama. They lost to Iowa State. LSU and Bama are the 2 best teams in the country. It's too bad we can't see OK St play against Oregon.

Back