Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Opening Day 2024: Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 3/28 1:10 PM MST

Skubal schools White Sox for successful start to 2024.
Left-hander shoves with six scoreless frames to fuel Tigers' historic 1-0 win on Opening Day.
Tigers official site

Tigers 1 - White Sox 0: Crochet weaves, but Skubal shoves.
Javier Baez, a fan-favorite on the South Side of Chicago, scored the game’s only run on Thursday afternoon.
BYBTB

Skubal, Báez start Tigers on right foot with season-opening shutout.
Detnews

Báez plays villain as Detroit Tigers beat Chicago White Sox, 1-0, on Opening Day.
Freep

OPENING DAY OPINES.
Totally Tigers

Yesterday was Opening Day in Chicago for the Detroit Tigers. Tarik Skubal took the mound.
The final score was 1-0.
On this day, we ask readers to offer their thoughts about this first game. Extra points to those of you who respond to others and create some discussion threads.

sad.gif

Dating to last season, Tarik Skubal has surrendered only three earned runs over his past 36 innings.On his latest gem, full circle moments and lofty comparisons:"I think he can win a Cy Young".

Spencer Torkelson looks to broaden his game after his 2023 breakout.
The Tigers first baseman finally started mashing as expected in 2023. Now it’s time to clean up a few nagging weaknesses.
BYBTB

Detroit Tigers rookie prospect collects his first career hit in MLB debut.
The Detroit Tigers started off the year with a win and rookie Colt Keith was able to collect his first career hit, while making his MLB debut.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers start 2024 on a high note: Start in the win column.
The Detroit Tigers have started off the 2024 season right, picking up their first win of the season on Opening Day as they took down the White Sox in Chicago.
MCBTB

Tarik Skubal and the Tigers embarrassed White Sox in historic fashion Opening Day.
Ace Tarik Skubal and a trio of Detroit Tigers relievers made easy work of the hapless White Sox lineup on Opening Day in Chicago.
MCBTB

Well I ggot on, between diabetic retinopathhy, macular deggeneration, just plane can not see past my noise. A good wife and an email fromCT THANKS and my keyboard wanting to work. Plus hhavinggg a bad weekend playing BBR axis and allies. Fallin over te rockin chair forhead hitting the piano chest the piano stool Having surgery. Ive made it on to a Tiger opening day win!. Only a 161 more and thhhe Divison is ours. Ive gggot to gget thhe computer work on.

Well I ggot on, between diabetic retinopathhy, macular deggeneration, just plane can not see past my noise. A good wife and an email fromCT THANKS and my keyboard wanting to work. Plus hhavinggg a bad weekend playing BBR axis and allies. Fallin over te rockin chair forhead hitting the piano chest the piano stool Having surgery. Ive made it on to a Tiger opening day win!. Only a 161 more and thhhe Divison is ours. Ive gggot to gget thhe computer work on.
Gad you're feeling better.

I hope your health improves and you can enjoy our Tigers this season.

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

Now that we’ve had a chance to see the Tigers in spring training (20 wins/9 losses and 2nd place finish), as well as watch the first game of the regular season, what are your first impressions?
Is this a team that appears to have more talent than last year’s? And if so, how much more?
Is the team playing better baseball?
Have the young players visibly matured?
The many groups that offer their season predictions have opined about how well the Tigers will do this year.
PECOTA actually believes the Tigers will lose 3 more games than they did last year when they finished 78-84 and in second place. They forecast 75-87 for this year.
Others predict a similar record to that of 2023 while some say 81-81. A few are forecasting an above .500 and around 83-79.
Keep in mind that the team has almost an entirely new starting rotation. Only Tarik Skubal and Reese Olson (half a season) remain from last year. Overall, the Tigers have added 9 new players to the roster and they enter 2024 with the young players coming in and having a little more experience under their belts.
So what do you believe at this point in time will be Detroit’s final record? How many wins will they get?

How many games do you think the Tigers will win this year?

1. 75-80

2. 81-85

3. 86-90

VOTE

SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

Now that we’ve had a chance to see the Tigers in spring training (20 wins/9 losses and 2nd place finish), as well as watch the first game of the regular season, what are your first impressions?
Is this a team that appears to have more talent than last year’s? And if so, how much more?
Is the team playing better baseball?
Have the young players visibly matured?
The many groups that offer their season predictions have opined about how well the Tigers will do this year.
PECOTA actually believes the Tigers will lose 3 more games than they did last year when they finished 78-84 and in second place. They forecast 75-87 for this year.
Others predict a similar record to that of 2023 while some say 81-81. A few are forecasting an above .500 and around 83-79.
Keep in mind that the team has almost an entirely new starting rotation. Only Tarik Skubal and Reese Olson (half a season) remain from last year. Overall, the Tigers have added 9 new players to the roster and they enter 2024 with the young players coming in and having a little more experience under their belts.
So what do you believe at this point in time will be Detroit’s final record? How many wins will they get?

How many games do you think the Tigers will win this year?

1. 75-80

2. 81-85

3. 86-90

VOTE
4. 91 :)

Back