Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OSU fan at work

You don't know this because you are either

A) Beyond stupid

or

B) Beyond self absorbed.

LostLeader announced within the last couple years that he decided to pursue his dream of being in law enforcement. He reported that he could do 32 pushups in a minute, and also reported his running speed (I forget what it was).

He kept us all abreast on his progress repeatedly in his posts, and finally reported that he had achieved his goal.

So now you're caught up.

Edit: No dumbass, they don't work in the same fuckin' prison...

Yeah, i didn't bother to respond because

A) I don't ever respond to that dumbass

and

B) because its fucking obvious to anyone who reads these boards what the answer was to his stupid fucking question

Yeah, I didn't make the connection between becoming a cop and the jail remark quickly enough. I'm not a cop and I've been to jail a couple times.

jail sucks

Well, a prison is a state run facility

a jail is a county run facility

lostleader is a deputy sheriff

sheriff's are a county thing

Well in all fairness, I do work in the jail. I am not out on the road chasing people down. It was the position that was open and i needed to hold my commission. To be honest the pay is about the same, and I'm not freezing my nuts off or being shot at.

And if jail sucks, why do these idiots keep coming back?

Holy shit Lost, I've been dipping in and out of the forums for a while but see you got the job. I remember messaging you long ago. Glad to see things worked out for you!

Well, a prison is a state run facility

a jail is a county run facility

lostleader is a deputy sheriff

sheriff's are a county thing

The C.O.'s in the prisons have more freedom than we do. They take zero shit from what I am told. Here we are to caring. I say Fuck'um.

DC 33

The C.O.'s in the prisons have more freedom than we do. They take zero shit from what I am told. Here we are to caring. I say Fuck'um.

DC 33

Well, we take some shit, but yeah, we have some tools to help us regulate their behavior. We just got tasers a while back. They're nice. No more wrestling with prisoners.

I still think my facility is way too caring, though.

We carry tasers, but never use them. Only seen them pulled out to break up a fight.

We took a fat guy down to prison, and they came out and yanked his ass out of the car. Took him in and gave him all kinds of crap. Last thing I heard was the guys yelling "strip search buttercup" and we got his clothes back. I guess at CRC the plan is to set the tone early.

DC 33

Many keep going back because they become institutionalized... they are unable to function in everyday society. I assume though that you are already aware of that. I cannot imagine what the hell would be so appealing about a 6 x 8 cell, but to each their own.

Many keep going back because they become institutionalized... they are unable to function in everyday society. I assume though that you are already aware of that. I cannot imagine what the hell would be so appealing about a 6 x 8 cell, but to each their own.

Cause its a big party. They get to hang out with friends, play cards, watch tv, goof off all day, get 3 got meals, and all paid for with our tax dollars.

DC 33

I worked the prison at Wyoming State Penitentiary. It sucked balls, the inmates were coddled and they got to do whatever they wanted because the prison was so scared of being sued. Needless to say, it was ridiculous. I'm a Sheriff's Deputy now and work the jail. I love it. We don't have to put up with any shit. Sheriff tells us, "do what you got to do to be safe." So, if it calls for lighting someone up, they get buzzed. Most don't ever want that to happen in front of other inmates, so it rarely, if ever happens. Tizz a good deterent, though.

We carry tasers, but never use them. Only seen them pulled out to break up a fight.

We took a fat guy down to prison, and they came out and yanked his ass out of the car. Took him in and gave him all kinds of crap. Last thing I heard was the guys yelling "strip search buttercup" and we got his clothes back. I guess at CRC the plan is to set the tone early.

DC 33

This sounds like you aren't in Michigan. They treat prisoners differently down south. what is CRC?

Some of us carry tasers, not me. At my facility, we only use them to break up fights or if the prisoner is refusing to be restrained. Some of the other facilities use them at the drop of a hat, they'll issue an order, and if the prisoner refuses, they tase him. My prison is very 'pc' though. Its probably why we have a lot of incidents...

Cause its a big party. They get to hang out with friends, play cards, watch tv, goof off all day, get 3 got meals, and all paid for with our tax dollars.

DC 33

Yep, they have absolutely zero responsibility in prison. Oh, they talk about wanting out and think about ways of getting out, but when that day comes, they know that the vacation is over and its back to the street, watching their back 24/7, peddling drugs, stuff like that. They get immediate health care, if someone jumps them, there's 20 CO's there in seconds to save them, they can assault each other all they want and just go to the hole, whereas in real life, if they did that, they would either get killed or go to prison. They sleep about 12 hours a day, work out, lift weights, watch tv, have sex with each other...

Back