Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Braun tested positive for banned substances

nothing surprises me anymore.

except, that Michigan board, never expected all the whiners.

Insane. I actually liked Braun. The steroid era is killing baseball. You don't know which individuals to root for anymore. For baseball's sake, they better hope Pujols never tests positive. The Bonds and Clemens allegations were already bad enough for the game, I don't think it could afford to see another icon go down.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Insane. I actually liked Braun. The steroid era is killing baseball. You don't know which individuals to root for anymore. For baseball's sake, they better hope Pujols never tests positive. The Bonds and Clemens allegations were already bad enough for the game, I don't think it could afford to see another icon go down.

This is bad for the integrity of the game, Commissioners office and the mlbpa. Just about 3 weeks after the MVP award. You just never know which stars and which lesser known players are using which ped.
and iirc this new CBA says no hgh testing during the season.

I could careless who test positive anymore after seeing all my childhood favorites turn into the POS they are.

Grew up thinking Roger Clemens was the man, I liked Barry when he was younger before he became the homerun threat. I like McGwire, Rafeal plamerio(sP). All my favorites cheated to get the numbers they have.

I know they never found Griffey on anything but at this point im just gonna beleive he did the shit too.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111210/.... fails-PED-test
Report: National League MVP Ryan Braun fails PED test.
from the detnews

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/ryan-braun-tested-positive-for-peds.html
Ryan Braun tested positive for peds.
from mlbtraderumors

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2011/12/ryan-braun-steroids-50-game-suspension-appeal/1
Ryan Braun tests positive for PED, says 'It's B.S.'
from usatoday

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111210&content_id=26144628&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
Braun faces possible 50-game ban for PEDs.
Brewers slugger, who won 2011 NL MVP, appealing test results.
from mlb.com

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]They need to test Bautista. No doubt he used them.

i've been saying this for two years n ow. You don't go from being a 15 HR a year hitter to hitting 100 in two years.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Mitch":2ew7878a]They need to test Bautista. No doubt he used them.

i've been saying this for two years n ow. You don't go from being a 15 HR a year hitter to hitting 100 in two years. [/quote:2ew7878a]

Yep. So easy to see.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Mitch":yzp6dlui]They need to test Bautista. No doubt he used them.

i've been saying this for two years n ow. You don't go from being a 15 HR a year hitter to hitting 100 in two years. [/quote:yzp6dlui]

Baseball has tested him over and over. Just a matter of time till Bautista is busted

All Braun, no brains, earning big money makes people from all walks of life do dangerous, health/life endangering, illegal, and crazy shit for more and more of it, truly dunno if I could avoid the temptation to potentially earn 10s of thousands, if not 100s of thousands, millions, 10s of millions more for at least several years, by taking PEDs or roids and for what? a puny 50 game ban, when it likely should be for at least a season, several seasons? remaining contract? life?

tongue.png
angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

So if Braun loses his appeal, shouldn't he then be made to forfeit his tarnished '11 NL MVP award to the runner-up, being Matt Kemp?

Inge may be the best 3B in the game.... he is the only one not on roids. ;)

bavarianinnman said:
I could careless who test positive anymore after seeing all my childhood favorites turn into the POS they are.

Grew up thinking Roger Clemens was the man, I liked Barry when he was younger before he became the homerun threat. I like McGwire, Rafeal plamerio(sP). All my favorites cheated to get the numbers they have.

I know they never found Griffey on anything but at this point im just gonna beleive he did the shit too.

You shouldn't let it bother you so much.

Cheating and baseball go hand in hand.

It's as much a part of the game as the 7th inning stretch.

There is talk that he had a second test shortly after the first test, and the second test came back clean....for now who knows...

they said it was an independent test, didnt say how long it had been (some stuff has a short biological half-life), and a non-positive test cannot in and of itself refute a positive one. i still say his excuses are bullshit. noone admits they cheated when they are caught.

Back