Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Cherry Festival, Here We Come!!

TheVictors

Arriving into Cherry Capitol tomorrow afternoon as the Blue Angels perform over West Bay and up the Leelenau Peninsula for a week on the water!!

Looking at land and real estate while we're there as well. Sailing, Water Skiing, fishing, drinking ...lots of day drinking! Fireworks, ice cream ...AMERICA!!!

#M22
#UpNorth

file

url

M22 is right in front of my cousin's home in Benzie County, and M115 (Forest Avenue) ends 30 feet from the front door of our family's summer home nearby Lake Michigan.

Been to quite a few Cherry Festivals over the years, but not for the past 10. Maybe next summer.

You and your family will have a good time up there, its almost impossible not to.

The International Music Camp @ Interlochen is cool too, nothing like watching and listening to an orchestra comprised of young musical virtuosos from all over the world, performing outdoors surrounded by the woods during the early evening.

Last edited:
We've wanted to go for a long time, but every year something happened around then and we couldn't make it.

this year my counsin is getting married in october, so that's going to be our only Michigan trip. maybe next year...

I'm here in TC as well with my wife and son. My father just moved up here to be closer to my sister (who is married with kids, don't get any ideas anybody lol) so we are helping him unpack and organize his condo. But things also lined up with the Cherry Festival, which is great.

It's been hot as balls here, I feel like we brought CA weather here with me. That was a nice thunderstorm today, though, we don't get anything like that where I live now.

Have a good time while you're here! It's nice to visit these parts again, years after moving away.

Arriving into Cherry Capitol tomorrow afternoon as the Blue Angels perform over West Bay and up the Leelenau Peninsula for a week on the water!!

Looking at land and real estate while we're there as well. Sailing, Water Skiing, fishing, drinking ...lots of day drinking! Fireworks, ice cream ...AMERICA!!!

#M22
#UpNorth

file

url

you are lucky you didn't post this on the politics board. You would have been scolded for using the word "AMERICA"

It was hot as hell this week but being on the water made it okay. Lots of tubing and fishing. First 4th of July up north since 1992, summer after I graduated from TCHS.

Been in Leelenau most of the week; Northport and Leland to be specific.

Back