Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Noter Dumpster Fire

TheVictors

So I reached out to dame fan to ask if Kelly would be fired - this is the reply

"I would send him. Go after les miles, tom herman or charlie strong.
Strong coached under lou or get Dan Mullen from miss state he was a coach under lou. Urban was too but Urban knows its easier to win at Ohio State. He can do stuff there grades wise that ND wont do."

LMAO!!!! As if urban Meyer would leave a better job in Columbus where he IS God to go to south bend. But you know, it's just about the academics. Lol!!!!

2-4... and no real gimmies left on their schedule. They won't lose out, but given how bad their defense is, and how much of a mess they are, I could see them losing to any of their remaining opponents.

This season has seen a lot of teams seemingly fall apart once they hit a little adversity. bad coaching, too high expectations, and what have you. can't handle any setbacks and just quit.

Stanford and ND and MSU have hit the skids. Weird season and unexpected if you ask me.

Kelly throwing his center under the bus, before offering a tepid "coaching let the team down" comment later on. Deadspin asks who thought it was a good idea to attempt 36 passes in a hurricane/downpour. I'd also add, if you were having trouble snapping the ball all day due to water, why the fuck do you use the shotgun formation on a key play with the game on the line? idiot.

also, still relevant I guess, but from last year: Brian Kelly shoving one of his assistants on the sideline. I didn't remember this one. looks worse than it sounds even. Kelly is a complete asshole. I'd like for him to coach there for a long time, but I'm thinking he has a heart attack and dies on the sideline within the next year or so.

Yeah he barked at the Center pretty good and chewed out some assistants.

In the late game, Rich Rod went berserk on a couple kids and coaches while losing to Utah. Great nightcap to a great day of games.

In the late game, Rich Rod went berserk on a couple kids and coaches while losing to Utah. Great nightcap to a great day of games.

I saw that. I was going to post, but everyone has been going to bed around here early. Bunch of lightweights. I thought to myself, that he and Kelly are in league by themselves. There are those coaches who, I believe, have every right to bitch and get a little hot after a penalty(because of the discipline part of the game)/unsportsmanlike. But those two berate people for mistakes(missed blocks) and bad decisions(interceptions). I cant believe that it doesnt wear on the people around them.

Last edited:
Rod Richriguez will be coaching a DII program inside of two seasons.

sounds like he went all "John L Smith" minus the slapping at the post game presser as well. moron.

reading the recap, Utah basically spotted them 7 points, allowing a 75 yard TD on the 1st play of the game, and committed eight false starts in the 1st half, but following RichRod's patented "no adjustments" gameplan, Arizona completely folded in the 2nd half, giving up 17 straight points to put the game out of reach.

also, in RichRod fashion, they scored a meaningless TD late to make a bad loss look a little less embarrassing.

now AZ is dead last in their division, tied with Oregon for the worst record in the Pac 12...

wonder how long Brady Hoke will last as Oregon's DC? in an ominous sign, his name alongside his "re-tooled Oregon defense" is appearing in the papers after the blowout loss to Washington.

that was NOT a good job for him.

I don't know if he'd ever make a good assistant again, having been a HC at a high profile place. he should've taken another year off and waited for an opening at a mid-major. with his recruiting ability, he'd be better off at a Mountain West or MAC team... it's pretty obvious he doesn't have the attention to detail to cut it at a power 5 conference school.

It's almost as if the game has passed him by and his 'innovative' offense has become ineffective. Add in his weird tendency to throw players into games without their appearing to be ready. Happened at Utah - he throws out this Freshman QB and berates him on the sideline for making some mistakes.

It's almost as if the game has passed him by and his 'innovative' offense has become ineffective. Add in his weird tendency to throw players into games without their appearing to be ready. Happened at Utah - he throws out this Freshman QB and berates him on the sideline for making some mistakes.

Rod RICHREIUEZ is a COACHING GENUIS AND HIS PLAYERS ARE NOT SMAT ENUF TO GRASP HIS BRILLIANCE.

man, those were miserable days. Hoke's tenure got almost as bad in 2014. although 2014 was different... I had lost my sense of humor about our struggles by then. Seeing that team fall apart was just sad.

with RichRod as coach, with the defense giving up points galore each Saturday, and the crazy excuses flowing, there was at least some comic relief once I got over the shock of seeing MICHIGAN suffer a losing season and suck each week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny comment to your point about the UTAH false start penalties. Apparently it has been a plague for them this year, even at home. So much so that the students keep track of the false starts like fans would a starting pitcher's strikeouts.

And apparently, according to Kyle Whittingham, the Arizona defensive line were audibly calling 'Go!' during D-Line shifts, or in other words, saying 'Hike' and drawing the false starts. Willingham was livid after the game and accused UA of doing it.

Funny comment to your point about the UTAH false start penalties. Apparently it has been a plague for them this year, even at home. So much so that the students keep track of the false starts like fans would a starting pitcher's strikeouts.

And apparently, according to Kyle Whittingham, the Arizona defensive line were audibly calling 'Go!' during D-Line shifts, or in other words, saying 'Hike' and drawing the false starts. Willingham was livid after the game and accused UA of doing it.

jeez... just go with a simpler snap count, Whittingham. RichRod's defense isn't going to stop anything regardless!

Silent count is also a solution. I taught it to 10 year olds.

Just saw a bit of the replay of UA at Utah while flipping around on TV ...it's on ROOT Sports.

I think I finally figured out what Rich Rod looks like when he's pissed at and dressing down his players.

He looks like AngryDadAtFancyRestaurant furious at kids would normally scream at them but can't so ScowlWhisperScreamsAtKids and will spank them later guy.

Just saw a bit of the replay of UA at Utah while flipping around on TV ...it's on ROOT Sports.

I think I finally figured out what Rich Rod looks like when he's pissed at and dressing down his players.

He looks like AngryDadAtFancyRestaurant furious at kids would normally scream at them but can't so ScowlWhisperScreamsAtKids and will spank them later guy.

Can only imagine the post-game locker-room rants after losses.

Can only imagine the post-game locker-room rants after losses.

I'm curious about what he says at halftime as well. He's great at de-motivating his team, so that they come out flat for 10+ mins or more and give the game away. no matter what the halftime score was, you can count on the other team opening a two score lead in the 3rd.

giphy%2B(1).gif

Exactly!

And remember when he came to A2 he refused to do the Sunday morning show with Brandstatter ...insisted on a preview format so he couldn't be second-guessed or appear criticized.

Back