Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Uhhhh, Hmmmm

TheVictors

Just spent past hour chatting with Texas WR, David Robinson Jr. Good friends with Johnny Football, being from the San Antonio area and all --- Was with Johnny at infamous UT party and in LA b/c his Dad is playing in a charity golf event involving Shaq, Stef Curry and many other NBA dudes.

Very impressive young man - smart and with a good head on his shoulders ...definitely a random experience I will not forget.

No, he said they are good friends and Manziel was at the party with him (and others). I said I thought he was a jackass and he said that the media puts unfair pressure (not just now, but all along) and that Manziel is "totally crazy."

He said something about Manziel being nuts is why he's so good at football but that he needs to get off Twitter and just ignore the stuff being said about him.

He sat down next to me an ordered an Old Fashioned ...and then introduced himself. I wound up buying his drink for him when he left to meet a girl he'd been waiting on.

"Go for it, gotta do what you gotta do..." I said.

"Yeah, man, slave to the pussy ...you know?!"

Looks like his Dad and he said his younger brother who is now at ND is a much better WR than he is. I told him I hate ND and he said, "a lot of people do, they have a lot of enemies."

I asked him what Mack Brown is like to play for and he basically said he isn't all that involved with the day to day at UT.

I asked him what Mack Brown is like to play for and he basically said he isn't all that involved with the day to day at UT.

interesting. i guess that explains why they underachieve so much.

thought it was weird according to reports they were promising Muschamp he'd be Mack Brown's successor. they must know the old man's days are numbered, and they're just waiting for the right guy to come along.

you meet a lot more famous people in bars than I do, but I guess that's what to expect when you hang out in schwanky hotel bars that often!

(I typically avoid the schwanky big money celebrity parts of Chicago...)

The Beverly Hilton is a magnet for that sort of stuff and I spend so much time traveling, that I have to do something to entertain myself...

And as DR Jr left the bar to meet said chick he confessed he was only 20. Said he'd just gotten back from Semester at Sea. I asked if he considered joining the Navy and he said he actually wanted to go to the AFA, but his height and eyesight were an issue. He then said he thinks the military now is very different than when his Dad was enrolled and that now "our military has its hands in too many things, in too many countries."

He really was a bright, thoughtful young man.

Random shit.

The Beverly Hilton is a magnet for that sort of stuff and I spend so much time traveling, that I have to do something to entertain myself...

And as DR Jr left the bar to meet said chick he confessed he was only 20. Said he'd just gotten back from Semester at Sea. I asked if he considered joining the Navy and he said he actually wanted to go to the AFA, but his height and eyesight were an issue. He then said he thinks the military now is very different than when his Dad was enrolled and that now "our military has its hands in too many things, in too many countries."

He really was a bright, thoughtful young man.

Random shit.

never had to travel for work, but I could see enjoying that part.

also agree he sounds like a pretty level-headed guy. never can tell which kids of jocks will go on to be normal, and which will be walking self-absorbed disasters, but I guess DR Sr. probably was a more legit guy if he went to Annapolis instead of say Georgetown or some other basketball mill.

Last edited by a moderator:
He sat down next to me an ordered an Old Fashioned ...and then introduced himself. I wound up buying his drink for him when he left to meet a girl he'd been waiting on.

Did you at least get his autograph in exchange?

No autograph. And what 20yr old orders an Old Fashioned, anyways??

maybe he's like me?

lived in the frat house my soph year at Mich & before moving in, bought six cocktail glasses, a shaker, some olives, a couple fifths of gin and vermouth. I made martinis during parties... at least for the start of parties... things tended to get too blurry too quickly drinking like that.

I would've made him a martini and he would've hooked up with all the girls that came by, leaving me feeling like a chump.

Robinson is a Longhorn, but either way yes, I am an agent

Back