Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Paterno is No Longer a Coach Anymore

Ferget that noise. JoePa has earned his situation. Anything anyone thinks JoePa might have done that could be interpreted as embarrassing should be disregarded and not mentioned as if it didn't happen. Respect your elders! GET OFF MY LAWN!!

wlvrnstlr4life said:
You are getting way too offended, you'd think he was your grandfather. This is a message board. We all talk about different things(football related) that are on our minds or things we have perceived to have seen. It's what we all do on here. It's funny that you always seem to have a bug up your ass when it comes to what I post. If you disagree, that's cool. State why and don't be such a dick, because others don't have your same view. If you had read my first post, you would have read of my respect for Paterno. Instead you attack in a "how dare you" kind of attitude. You are right on one thing, we all hope to get to that age some day and Paterno has done more for college football than anyone. But next year he needs to step aside and let one of the other coaches take over for real.

how do you know I'm offended? because I'm disagreeing and providing valid points?

hmmm, i thought that was what a msg board was for...

I think he's just bored at the press conferences. Can you imagine how many he's done? Thousands and thousands. He's heard every question about a billion times. And he's won and lost games in almost every imaginable way. He just wants to get home and take a nap in his snuggie.

TheVictors03 said:
No need to hate on JoePa.

Didn't he get hit again during practice because he was on the field. Last year he got hit cause he was ripping a player on the practice field. I would say he is still involved, just not as much as other coaches HALF HIS AGE! They are 7-1 with a loss to Bama, PSU fans don't care. Why should anyone else. Most coaches would give a nut to be 85 and still field a team that is 7-1 regardless of who they play.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Hungry said:
Yep, especially when one just does not know.

"Man! I saw a brief clip of JoePa talking. He's lost his mind and is totally useless!!"

What the hell?

I don't think someone talking about the way he talks is showing disrespect. He does indeed slur.

It's only ok to talk about Lou Holtz being old and talking funny apparently....join the hypocrisy.

Beez said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

I don't think someone talking about the way he talks is showing disrespect. He does indeed slur.

It's only ok to talk about Lou Holtz being old and talking funny apparently....join the hypocrisy.

i don't do that either.

I was only half serious....I talk about Lou Holtz all the time so I'm not going to get up in arms about people talking about Joe Pa just because I like him and don't like Lou Holtz.

In terms of coaching accumen, success and standing, Holtz can't hold JoePa's jockstrap ...

Lisping Lou: 249-132-7 (64% winning percentage)
Joe Pa: 409-136-3 (75% winning percentage)

JoePa has won 21 more games than Holtz coached. With 160 more games coached, JoePa's record over those 160 games is 156-4, when you toss out the 4 additional ties that Lou coached to over his career.

But mainly, Holtz is a caricature of a coach at this point and like Corso, it's all an act.

I just meant regardless of who they are...making fun of an old man with a speech impediment and turning around to shame someone for making fun of a different old man with a speech impediment is dumb. lol No matter how annoying one may be. It's disrespectful either way. That being said...Notre Dame ish AWSHUM!

Beez said:
I just meant regardless of who they are...making fun of an old man with a speech impediment and turning around to shame someone for making fun of a different old man with a speech impediment is dumb. lol No matter how annoying one may be. It's disrespectful either way. That being said...Notre Dame ish AWSHUM!

I bet JoePa wouldn't ride PSU coattails like Lou does with Notre Dame. Lou needs to let it go and stop kissing Irish Ass. Also I will bet the ranch JoePa never becomes a annoying TV personality.

Back