Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

playoffs?

Personally I'd rather play the Rams. But seriously, not out of the question we get the 5 seed so we could play the East winner.

I voted 9'ers, but I'm with Mitch. A Dirty Bird loss to the Saints, plus a Lion win against San Diego and then potentially facing a Pack team that could be resting some players for a portion of or the entire game against us. We could snag the five spot...

I'd like to face the Giants banged up secondary...might be a conflict of interest for our boy Tony, but I know where his heart is...

Between these 2 I'd go with Saints, why? becuase that game in N.O. should have been much closer than it was if not for all the stupid personal fouls. And it was played without Suh. 49ers D scares the crap out of me, I don't see how the undersized O-Line protects Stafford enough to score enough points. The game they played at home against the 49ers was horrible in the pass protection, this one would be no different and it's in their park this time.

God just get the 10 point lead over the 49ers and watch Alex Smith fail to bring them back in a comeback. Smith is still a terrible QB..

Yeah win out and get the 5 seed and play the Cowboys/Giants/Eagles sounds like the best option. Then 49ers then Saints. 49ers defense is a huge challenge with Aldon/Justin Smith and Willis but Alex Smith gives the Lions defense a chance to have a good game. With Brees it has to be a shoout out on the road.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Personally I'd rather play the Rams. But seriously, not out of the question we get the 5 seed so we could play the East winner.

we would need ATL to lose once and us to beat the chargers and pack....or just win once and ATL to lose twice. That'd be best case scenario IMO.

Saints

I like the Lions chances in a shootout as opposed to a defensive struggle.

I'd rather face a team that has trouble scoring then a team that can bury you in the 1st half.

49ers....no doubt about it.

elrod said:
I voted 9'ers, but I'm with Mitch. A Dirty Bird loss to the Saints, plus a Lion win against San Diego and then potentially facing a Pack team that could be resting some players for a portion of or the entire game against us. We could snag the five spot...

I'd like to face the Giants banged up secondary...might be a conflict of interest for our boy Tony, but I know where his heart is...

You got it. My heart will ALWAYS be with the Lions #1.

SLICK said:
I'd rather face a team that has trouble scoring then a team that can bury you in the 1st half.

When the 49ers are up 12-0 at the half, the Lions are probably done.

Romneybot said:
SLICK said:

You make it sound like we were SO in the first game. And maybe their defense is better, I suspect our offense is better since then.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Romneybot said:

You make it sound like we were SO in the first game. And maybe their defense is better, I suspect our offense is better since then.

And with a banged up secondary, our defense has gotten worse.

Gore with one leg could put up 100+ yards and a TD or two

Romneybot said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

O

They all put up a 100 and a TD or two. Their best part of defense is rushing and we don't that anyway. SF is a good team but not worried about them.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Romneybot said:
O

They all put up a 100 and a TD or two. Their best part of defense is rushing and we don't that anyway. SF is a good team but not worried about them.

With no fear of the run, Stafford will be hitting the turf quite a bit. I'd actually be surprised if the Lions got more than 50 yards or so rushing for the game even with SF not caring about the run.

You put that team out there that played Oakland up against SF and it's no contest

Romneybot said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

With no fear of the run, Stafford will be hitting the turf quite a bit. I'd actually be surprised if the Lions got more than 50 yards or so rushing for the game even with SF not caring about the run.

You put that team out there that played Oakland up against SF and it's no contest

i agree if our defense is still hampered by then we have to worry...but i don't think they will be quite as much by then...i think we'll be alot better off...

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
Romneybot said:

i agree if our defense is still hampered by then we have to worry...but i don't think they will be quite as much by then...i think we'll be alot better off...

I have no faith in Delmas being 100% by then and little faith that Houston will be fully healthy.

I think I'll puke if Wendling is starting for us in the playoffs.

They freakin' lost to the Cards. If that can happen, anything is possible.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]They freakin' lost to the Cards. If that can happen, anything is possible.

Saints lost to the Rams, what's your point?

Back