Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preferred Genre

Not my favorite but lately I've been listening to a lot of Dub/Rock/Reggae like Pepper and Slightly Stoopid. Great songs for when you're out on the lake tipping back brews and hitting liquor straight out of the bottle. Women in bikinis seem to really did the music too so it's gotta be all good.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
DR said:
My tastes would probably fit in the best with rock/avant garde, but if there's something essential that doesn't fall into that category don't be afraid to mention it.

so many albums, let me think....
Hot Rats, Absolutely Free, Roxy and Elsewhere, Just another Band from LA, Overnight Sensation,
try those, I don't know how/if you guys go online and download music or how these days, ipod ipad, ?
everything I have is old records, cassette tapes, and cd's.

Thanks for the suggestions KC, I'll get to work on them.

I have a few places where I download albums for free (ie. steal) but if I like it, or if it's one of my favorite group's releases, I'll buy it in physical form too. Records preferrably, my wife collects them and turned me on, but cd's if not.

I probably spend more money on music now that I download than before because I get exposed to so much more. So I don't feel bad. Not that I would anyway.

Mostly hip hop all the way from its early stages to present day. Most of todays is garbage but if you stick with older artists who are still putting out songs like Jay-z, Nas and some others its pretty high quality. Love hip hop that makes you think, or just shows off a large vocabulary and exciting word play. Still like to listen to stuff that doesnt but I would say lyrics are a huge part of my interest. I'm huge into the mixtape scene these days. I stay up on pretty much any hip hop as far as listening goes. I'll give any artist an entire tape to win me over. Love Outkast, Jay-z, Nas, Wu Tang and a ton of others.

Not too into anything else. I like a lot of 90's alternative, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Incubus whatever. I'll give any music a shot other than country, just dont like it at all.

I'm not fond of hip hop but I love old Outkast. Sourthernplayalistic and Aqumeni are very good albums.

I used to love hip hop in my younger days and outkast was my fav...but now i despise it and country, no offense

I must be the only one here that listens to country. I guess im unique like that
grin.png

adam86107 said:
I must be the only one here that listens to country. I guess im unique like that
grin.png

I feel sorry for you J/K...lol
I live in the south and I hear all the time it drives me nuts, then when I go to GR to see family I hear when I am with my dad!!!

staegrac said:
adam86107 said:
grin.png

I feel sorry for you J/K...lol
I live in the south and I hear all the time it drives me nuts, then when I go to GR to see family I hear when I am with my dad!!!

On a side note I when I have to listen to it I try and listen to the music the not lyrics I cannot make out with the exageratted acsents...there are some very talented musicians that play country music

Metal, funk, old rap, jazz, classic rock, folk music (mostly Irish). I like so many different types it all just depends on the day.

DR said:
I've never given Zappa a shot, which is weird cause it seems like he might have been up my alley. Maybe I'll have to fix that. Any recommendations on where to start?

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVQvuIOoG1k of his late 60's lineup playing "King Kong" on youtube. If you don't have a very good attention span you won't like it; 9 minutes+ and it doesn't even get into it for a couple minutes into the video.

That's him at his musical best. Some of his other stuff is pretty out there; it's not really "easy listening."

Also, not musical, but there's a great video of Zappa debating censorship with some "family values" douchebag from the Washington Times on Crossfire in the 80's you can find on Youtube. he was a pretty amazing guy

DR said:
I've never given Zappa a shot, which is weird cause it seems like he might have been up my alley. Maybe I'll have to fix that. Any recommendations on where to start?

Don't eat that yellow snow . . .

Rock, Classic Rock...mainly stuff from the 1964-74 period and the 1991-1997 period with other stuff intermingled. U2, Bruce, REM, Beatles, Eric Clapton, The Doors, Pearl Jam, The Who, The Stones, etc.

tycobb420 said:
Rock, Classic Rock...mainly stuff from the 1964-74 period and the 1991-1997 period with other stuff intermingled. U2, Bruce, REM, Beatles, Eric Clapton, The Doors, Pearl Jam, The Who, The Stones, etc.

Likewise, but I liked some music from the early 80s as well, didn't care for the hair bands of the late 80s. Industrial, indie, grunge, metal, hard rock, pop, progressive, Motown, ect..

Liked the White Stripes and The Darkness (what happened to them, they fell off the proverbial cliff after their debut album?)

Would like to go see Judas Priest this November for their Epitaph Farewell tour. Might be sold out already though.

hip hop. and not that bullshit they play on the radio. i mean real lyrical, deep shit.

[flash=350,287:rp9mk7c6]http://www.youtube.com/v/XU1-UN6AazQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:rp9mk7c6]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>
this kinda stuff inspires me

Id like a little bit of everything. From AC/DC to Prince to Eminem. Some bands I listen to are likin park, red, skillet. And rap isn't dead, its just not mainstream, but I do love eminem. But crooked I, nas, tech n9ne, royce 5'9. Chris webby or mac miller if I'm in the mood.

And my new favorite rapper is a dude named Hopsin. Nocturnal rainbows is a great song.

Back