Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quin Restructures

michiganalex

creating 2.17 million in space moving most of the deal into a signing bonus new base salary is 745,000 cap # is $3.572,500

Adds about 1.085 million to his cap number for each of 2016 and 2017. Not a big deal.

He is one of the two I thought was ok to restructure. Someone had to do it so we could afford our top two rookies. We are tight against the cap this year.

We had 2.4 million in space. Now we get another 2.1 million in space. Plenty of room for the rookies and the top 53/PS.

Anything we don't use, we carryover to 2016 too.

We are 20-24 million under for 2016 right now depending on the cap increase and carryover.

He is one of the two I thought was ok to restructure. Someone had to do it so we could afford our top two rookies. We are tight against the cap this year.

Lather, rinse, repeat...right? Same story for how many years? Tight against the cap is like their motto or should be their theme song.

I know, I know, they always find a way. It woukd be nice if they figured out hiw to have $5-10M remaining after signing everyone though. Yes, they could use it to increase offers to FAs and end up in same tight spot, I just prefer the flexobility of having a couple M left over. Never know when an important piece might go down and you need that money to get a replacement of higher quality, or might want to trade for a missing piece but have to eat some of their salary. That is when you use the reserve money and then you restructure a deal or two to make it work. There MO with the cap keeps them handicapped when it comes to being legit players when they need to be.

They are almost as fiscally irresponsible as US politicians.

Lather, rinse, repeat...right? Same story for how many years? Tight against the cap is like their motto or should be their theme song.

I know, I know, they always find a way. It woukd be nice if they figured out hiw to have $5-10M remaining after signing everyone though. Yes, they could use it to increase offers to FAs and end up in same tight spot, I just prefer the flexobility of having a couple M left over. Never know when an important piece might go down and you need that money to get a replacement of higher quality, or might want to trade for a missing piece but have to eat some of their salary. That is when you use the reserve money and then you restructure a deal or two to make it work. There MO with the cap keeps them handicapped when it comes to being legit players when they need to be.

They are almost as fiscally irresponsible as US politicians.

They will be 20-25 million under next year. They are 4.5 under now which they can carryover. And they could still extend Ngata and actually get more cap room.

We had 2.4 million in space. Now we get another 2.1 million in space. Plenty of room for the rookies and the top 53/PS.

Anything we don't use, we carryover to 2016 too.

We are 20-24 million under for 2016 right now depending on the cap increase and carryover.

Next year will be a breath of fresh air watching them being contenders for the pieces they need to put into place. 2016 is when I think they become very serious contenders for the SB as they will hopefully break their inability to win 10+ in consecutive years this year and win a playoff game, getting to the NFCCG, then building on that in offseason to where people actually predict them for the SB.

Next year will be a breath of fresh air watching them being contenders for the pieces they need to put into place. 2016 is when I think they become very serious contenders for the SB as they will hopefully break their inability to win 10+ in consecutive years this year and win a playoff game, getting to the NFCCG, then building on that in offseason to where people actually predict them for the SB.

They are SB contenders right now. Nice deep team on offense and defense. Oline and run game addressed. Dline still very good. Back 7 still very good. Good coaching.

Top 5 offense (yards and points) and top 5 defense (yards and points and rush YPC allowed, turnovers forced) is very possible.

They are SB contenders right now. Nice deep team on offense and defense. Oline and run game addressed. Dline still very good. Back 7 still very good. Good coaching.

Top 5 offense (yards and points) and top 5 defense (yards and points and rush YPC allowed, turnovers forced) is very possible.

I wasn't criticizing the talent. What talent there is though, the team lacks playoff experience and understanding how to win in the playoffs. Typically teams have to win a game or two in the playoffs the year before they win the SB, or do you have proof that what I am saying is wrong. I don't remember a team that had not won a playoff game in 5+ years that suddenly everything clicked and they won the SB. while a couple guys have been there, done that...the TEAM has not, and how the team does is far more important than a subset of the team.

I wasn't criticizing the talent. What talent there is though, the team lacks playoff experience and understanding how to win in the playoffs. Typically teams have to win a game or two in the playoffs the year before they win the SB, or do you have proof that what I am saying is wrong. I don't remember a team that had not won a playoff game in 5+ years that suddenly everything clicked and they won the SB. while a couple guys have been there, done that...the TEAM has not, and how the team does is far more important than a subset of the team.

The Saints pretty much did that. 2006 they won a playoff game but missed the playoffs in 2007 and 2008 before winning a Super bowl in the 2009 season. And they stunk in 2005.

Lions beat Dallas as far as I'm concerned too. They have players and coaches who have won Super Bowls. They are playoff ready.

The Saints pretty much did that. 2006 they won a playoff game but missed the playoffs in 2007 and 2008 before winning a Super bowl in the 2009 season. And they stunk in 2005.

Lions beat Dallas as far as I'm concerned too. They have players and coaches who have won Super Bowls. They are playoff ready.

Obviously none of us will be disappointed if they buck traditional way, just saying based on that I just am hoping they figure out how to win a playoff game this year. Then, even if they lose later in playoffs, I think their chances in 2016 become greatly improved. Just based on historical precedent across the NFL.

we wont be contenders for shit if we resign ngata. Poof...bye bye cap space.

Last edited:
we wont be contenders for shit if we resign ngata. Poof...bye bye cap space.

He won't take up 25 million by himself you moron. Lions will have a good amount of cap space next year even after resigning Ngata.

And really if they re-sign Ngata and Levy, Detroit will have no needs and another draft with 9 picks.

But if you really want, cut Tulloch for 6 million in room and go younger at MLB and Pettigrew from a 2.6 million. Both should be unnecessary though. Depends if Tulloch holds up after the ACL and if Pettigrew gets more involved.

and what year are you going to do something about calvin....or is mayhew just going to pull another suh all over again?

and what year are you going to do something about calvin....or is mayhew just going to pull another suh all over again?

Calvin is under contract for awhile you twit. We are 25 million under with him and Stafford both on big numbers.

And if anyone gets extended, it's Stafford. Stafford has another monster season and he gets an extension.

Calvin is under contract for awhile you twit. We are 25 million under with him and Stafford both on big numbers.

And if anyone gets extended, it's Stafford. Stafford has another monster season and he gets an extension.

oh ok....so youre letting him play on a 24 mil cap hit next year. nice job mayhew jr.

oh ok....so youre letting him play on a 24 mil cap hit next year. nice job mayhew jr.

We are 25 under. Yes I let him play on that number. Nice job not focusing on the big picture as usual hughes.

Quinn restructured to create a little space for Digs.

They'll extend Digs for another year, give him a small bump in salary, and have him in camp immediately.

Quinn loves playing with him.

Back