Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP lady who alec baldwin shot

I don't know if there's a criminal statute that could be brought against the producers for this; gross negligence on their part certainly. That would include Alec Baldwin as a producer, though not necessarily as an actor, or as the actual shooter. I think the distinction is important.

Was reading more about the 24-year-old girl who was serving the the "armorer" for the film. Apparently she was reckless with guns generally, and the crew for this one were using the prop guns to do actual recreational shooting just off the set. She was part of this, and therefore clearly not competent enough to serve in her role here.

I kept seeing some blurb in all the first round of news stories about how she's "the daughter of legendary Hollywood armorer Thell Reed" and he "trained" her... no idea where that line of promotional PR bullshit came from, but does anyone still believe crap like that?

People see a tattooed 24-year-old "former model" posing for her instagram profile in the bathroom of a club, and think "Yeah, I bet she's competent at safely managing all the prop weapons for a feature film... her dad was famous and all and somebody said he trained her. Like in the movies I bet. A training montage and all that huurrrrr" ???

some critical mass of Americans simply do not have any critical thinking skills, and they can vote and put people like her in positions of authority and responsibility that can get people killed.

$5 says within a decade Guittierez-Reed runs for congress in a suburb of Phoenix, or somewhere in Florida on a "pro-gun" platform like Lauren Boebert or Marjorie Taylor Greene, and gets at least 45% of the vote

$5 says within a decade Guittierez-Reed runs for congress in a suburb of Phoenix, or somewhere in Florida on a "pro-gun" platform like Lauren Boebert or Marjorie Taylor Greene, and gets at least 45% of the vote

Are we talking $5 in today?s money or adjusted for inflation at the time that does or doesn?t happen?

Either way, at even money I?ll take that bet all day long.

Our new Governor:

hannah-gutierrez-reed-crash05.jpg

Our new Governor:

hannah-gutierrez-reed-crash05.jpg

not only does she have this cloud over her, but the NY Post article references that a year ago, she gave her drunk boyfriend the keys to her motorcycle, and he later died in a drunk driving accident on it. insurance paid his family a settlement to release her from any liability. AND he was not legally allowed to drive any vehicle that didn't have a breathalyzer because of prior DUIs.

Sounds like if she didn't get someone killed on the set of Rust, she would eventually...

she's pretty much a perfect politician for 21st century America... she knows how to pose with guns, and has enough skeletons in her closet to make her easily blackmailable by the billionaires who will fund her political campaigns, ensuring she'll only deliver what they want.

Get on board the Hannah Guttierez Reed Train now, while you still can.

She dresses like a Democrat. She?s wearing a mask outside.

ya, but she's posing with a gun.

she probably only has a mask b/c she was in a state ruled by tyrannical libdem chicoms with a mask mandate at the time

ya, but she's posing with a gun.

she probably only has a mask b/c she was in a state ruled by tyrannical libdem chicoms with a mask mandate at the time

You do know the thread title is wrong, don?t you?

The correct grammatical structure would be ?lady whom Alec Baldwin shot.?

Alec Baldwin is the subject of the sentence.

And it?s not because he?s a movie star, that has nothing to do it.

It?s because he is the one who is engaged in the action, or the ?predicate.?

some critical mass of Americans simply do not have any critical thinking skills, and they can vote and put people like her in positions of authority and responsibility that can get people killed.

Ok, this is too easy.

First, Liberals are in the vast majority of Hollywood. Second, Alec is a massive Liberal supporter and anti-guns.

So the idiots who put her in this position were very likely Liberals. As such, I fully agree with your take about idiots putting people like her in charge and getting people killed.

She obviously has little comprehension about guns and how to properly handle them:

https://images.app.goo.gl/TwHSZUB6vzJ4ykDv5

No one who understands gun safety and proper use would EVER stand by and watch some newbie even hold an unloaded gun in this fashion, not even a dummy rubber gun incapable of even having a round loaded into it.

She was obviously NOT someone who should be hired into the position or armorer, and I wouldn't even hire her to police brass after a shot based on this photo alone.

And yet, the Liberal anti-gun producers had no qualms about it. Do you know why? Because they also do not understand proper gun safety, as is evidenced by the fact Alec pointed a gun directly at the victim. Whether the gun is loaded or not, was a dummy rubber gun or a cold gun, if he was properly appreciative of guns, gun safety, and proper use of guns, he would NEVER have even been pointing the weapon at a person.

Other professional armorers have called him out on this. Alec the actor absolutely should be charged, as should Alec the Producer. Now, does he deserve jail time? I leave that to the courts. Is he wide open to a Civil Lawsuit, I would say to the tune of 7 figures at a minimum.

I didn't mean only Conservatives lack critical thinking; you presume too much. I just said "Americans"

I know it won't get much - if any - coverage but I'm curious what the paper trail for this film's insurance coverage looks like.

I'd imagine if firearms are being used in a movie, that needs to be disclosed to the carrier, so they can judge the potential liability accordingly.

I wonder if they go further and ask if the armorer is qualified, if that's a box they just check, or if they go further than that and actually require a name. Or maybe up until now, it was considered just common sense that you'd hire someone qualified for something so important, and no one worried about it too much.

Guessing the carrier here is ready to stick the producers of this one - all 8 of them - and whoever was financing this will the whole bill.

You do know the thread title is wrong, don?t you?

The correct grammatical structure would be ?lady whom Alec Baldwin shot.?

Alec Baldwin is the subject of the sentence.

And it?s not because he?s a movie star, that has nothing to do it.

It?s because he is the one who is engaged in the action, or the ?predicate.?

I always struggled with who/whom. That's my grammatical achilles' heel. I wasn't an English major though.

Did you spell that yourself?

I did but I was wrong. He was actually a paleontologist.

I guess I could feel pretty dumb but I did qualify it with ?or something like that,? and the two are quite a bit alike, everyone has heard of both, nobody really knows what either is, and no one care.

I did but I was wrong. He was actually a paleontologist.

I guess I could feel pretty dumb but I did qualify it with ?or something like that,? and the two are quite a bit alike, everyone has heard of both, nobody really knows what either is, and no one care.

I always thought anthropologist was about the earth.

More good news ? someone closing down the Rust set was bitten by a brown recluse spider and he might lose his arm.

More good news ? someone closing down the Rust set was bitten by a brown recluse spider and he might lose his arm.

I don't know if this production was just incredibly unlucky, or a sign that we as a society really have lost the capacity to function, outside of a digital, point-and-click existence.

Hollywood needs to stick to digital special effects and rendering comic book adaptations, I guess. Live-action westerns with real guns and what not are not doable anymore.

Corporate America has largely realized this already... most of that existince is digital now. If people can't point and click their way to a solution, it's not happening. But listen to me.. I sound like an old man.

we're learning the hard way you still need workers somewhere to actually lift things, drive them around and bring them to places... and those workers need to be trained and paid a reasonable income - and be real, not "gig" employees ! - so they keep doing their jobs, and retain their knowledge and experience. it took months of containers piling up in ports before someone actually rented a boat to figure out where the bottleneck was. And even now knowing it's caused by a lack of truck chassis to move containers, we don't know what to do about it.

Maybe facebook or amazon can come up with something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this production was just incredibly unlucky, or a sign that we as a society really have lost the capacity to function, outside of a digital, point-and-click existence.
?Well, there?s that possibility,? to quote Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, where no one that I know if was shot to death on set.

Hollywood needs to stick to digital special effects and rendering comic book adaptations, I guess. Live-action westerns with real guns and what not are not doable anymore.
Hollywood will continue to produce sensory-overload exercises and predictive-programming propaganda that will soon not need actual people in front of the camera at all.

Corporate America has largely realized this already... most of that existince is digital now. If people can't point and click their way to a solution, it's not happening. But listen to me.. I sound like an old man.

Yes, we are being herded into a digital, virtual prison, and many of us are going willingly.

we're learning the hard way you still need workers somewhere to actually lift things, drive them around and bring them to places... and those workers need to be trained and paid a reasonable income - and be real, not "gig" employees ! - so they keep doing their jobs, and retain their knowledge and experience. it took months of containers piling up in ports before someone actually rented a boat to figure out where the bottleneck was. And even now knowing it's caused by a lack of truck chassis to move containers, we don't know what to do about it.

Maybe facebook or amazon can come up with something?

Or you? Or me? Why not? People are hungry for solutions they don?t have to invent.

Back