Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Michael Collins

I was not previously aware that he was placed into the position to oversee building the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, which is one of the best museums I have ever experienced. I would consider its style a bit outdated now, but still very impressive.

Newer museums, like the Marine Corps exhibit in Quantico and the Holocaust Museum in Richmond, VA (of all places!), where they have created more of a Life Size Diaroma experience (for example, landing on WWII beaches or crawling into an underground hideout to avoid Nazi detection) leave a greater imprinted memory, but seeing some of history's most important aircraft hanging from the ceiling is enjoyable. Been decades since I have been though, perhaps it has been reworked since my last visit.

Last edited:
Back