Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Say Good Night, Dick

It was not-miss television.

They were influential in changing/shaping the culture; arguably for both the better and also in some ways for the not better, at the same time.

My wife, whose late father was a doctor, just told me that both were patients of his, many, many years ago.

Obviously, the departed father in law did a better job with Dick than he did with Tommy.

They were influential in changing/shaping the culture; arguably for both the better and also in some ways for the not better, at the same time.

My wife, whose late father was a doctor, just told me that both were patients of his, many, many years ago.

Obviously, the departed father in law did a better job with Dick than he did with Tommy.

In defense of your departed father-in-law, Tommy was an almost 2 yrs older than Dick so it?s too early to say who he did the better job with.

I?m pretty sure my wife doesn?t blame her departed father for Tommy Smuthers passing.

Here?s a rendition of Gentle on My Mind that rocks.

No, she doesn't seem like the type but she isn't the one that said it. They both lived well into their 80s so they obviously got pretty good care. We'll never know for sure even if Dick lives another year and 9 months.

These stories bum me out a bit because my parents are 83 & 79 and it makes me wonder how much time we have left with them. My dad has several siblings and his father who lived into their late 80s and mid 90s, his only surviving sibling is 89. My mom has already lost 4 of her 5 brothers. None of them lived very healthy lifestyles though (heavy smoker died of cancer, 2 overweight had heart attacks in their 60s and one due to complications from surgery) and all 4 of her sisters are still alive and kicking.

Last edited:
No, she doesn't seem like the type but she isn't the one that said it. They both lived well into their 80s so they obviously got pretty good care. We'll never know for sure even if Dick lives another year and 9 months.

These stories bum me out a bit because my parents are 83 & 79 and it makes me wonder how much time we have left with them. My dad has several siblings and his father who lived into their late 80s and mid 90s, his only surviving sibling is 89. My mom has already lost 4 of her 5 brothers. None of them lived very healthy lifestyles though (heavy smoker died of cancer, 2 overweight had heart attacks in their 60s and one due to complications from surgery) and all 4 of her sisters are still alive and kicking.

Love and cherish, my friend. It?s all we have.

EDIT:

Damn. How slow on the pickup can I BE? (channeling my friend Chandler)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ1meFo7oF0&pp=ygUfYXVsZCBsYW5nIHN5bmUgc2V4IGFuZCB0aGUgY2l0eQ==

Last edited:
Back