Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shohei Ohtani

I just saw this on Twitter.

Angles current team leader in these categories.

Runs: Ohtani
Hits: Ohtani
HR: Ohtani
BB: Ohtani
RBI: Ohtani
SB: Ohtani
AVG: Ohtani
OBP: Ohtani
SLG: Ohtani
OPS: Ohtani
Wins: Ohtani
ERA: Ohtani
Strikeouts: Ohtani

That?s incredible.

Is any team who isn?t the Angels aware of these numbers?

Also imagine what Babe Ruth?s numbers might have been if there had been the DH in those days?

Except that statement might be seen as ?racist? today.

But guess what?

Back in the time, many, many people believed the the Babe was not of purely white European decent.

Including and especially Ty Cobb.

pretty nice game last night.

At the plate
3-3 with a walk and 2 HR

Pitching
6 1/3 innings, 1 ER, 10K

pretty nice game last night.

At the plate
3-3 with a walk and 2 HR

Pitching
6 1/3 innings, 1 ER, 10K

The Angels wake up this morning sitting at AL WC #3.

Who doesn?t want to see Mike Trout and Ohtani in the postseason together, with the Angels, at least once?

That?s incredible.

Is any team who isn?t the Angels aware of these numbers?

Also imagine what Babe Ruth?s numbers might have been if there had been the DH in those days?

Except that statement might be seen as ?racist? today.

But guess what?

Back in the time, many, many people believed the the Babe was not of purely white European decent.

Including and especially Ty Cobb.

I don't want to cause any "trouble" but I'm reasonably certain that Ohtani is Japanese.

So Sunday, Los Angeles and the region was hit by a hurricane and an earthquake on the day.

Meanwhile The Unicorn still hasn?t played on a SoCal MLB team in the postseason.

The Angels wake up this morning sitting at AL WC #3.

Who doesn?t want to see Mike Trout and Ohtani in the postseason together, with the Angels, at least once?
There are certainly things I enjoy. Reading a book, listening to a vinyl and rooting against the Angels.

When a team just lucks into the greatest player ever I tend to be a bit salty.

I don?t know that it was luck.

Shohei wanted to be on the West Coast, closer to the Pacific Rim.

For a very private person as Ohtani is, the Angels offered the opportunity to play in major market simultaneously with an an amount of anonymity.

Like Schr?dinger?s cat.

I think I?ve made that analogy on this thread before.

I don?t know that it was luck.

Shohei wanted to be on the West Coast, closer to the Pacific Rim.

For a very private person as Ohtani is, the Angels offered the opportunity to play in major market simultaneously with an an amount of anonymity.

Like Schr?dinger?s cat.

I think I?ve made that analogy on this thread before.
It's more about IMO IFA should be part of the draft. Mid-low market teams get the shaft once again. Those big time international players aren't going to choose Detroit or Milwaukee or Pittsburgh. It's bad enough trying to sign them in free agent, it's all a sham.

It's more about IMO IFA should be part of the draft. Mid-low market teams get the shaft once again. Those big time international players aren't going to choose Detroit or Milwaukee or Pittsburgh. It's bad enough trying to sign them in free agent, it's all a sham.

Okay.

I get it.

Ohtani could have put in his time with the Tigers until he was eligible for free agency just as easy as he could have with the Angels.

Or the Brewers or the Pirates.

Okay.

I get it.

Ohtani could have put in his time with the Tigers until he was eligible for free agency just as easy as he could have with the Angels.

Or the Brewers or the Pirates.
Few years better than none. And because he could have left Detroit, Milwaukee or Pittsburgh is the reason why its a sham. They could never offer him close to what he'll get in bigger markets.

Few years better than none. And because he could have left Detroit, Milwaukee or Pittsburgh is the reason why its a sham. They could never offer him close to what he'll get in bigger markets.

All that said, if by chance one of those three teams had obtained Ohtani in the draft, whichever of the three cities that it was, on Sunday, August 20, 2023, that city would have 1) been hit by a hurricane 2) been hit by an earthquake, and 3) Ohtani still would not have played a single game in the postseason for that team.

All that said, if by chance one of those three teams had obtained Ohtani in the draft, whichever of the three cities that it was, on Sunday, August 20, 2023, that city would have 1) been hit by a hurricane 2) been hit by an earthquake, and 3) Ohtani still would not have played a single game in the postseason for that team.
Milwaukee. He'd be perfect there. Angels are just a shitty org..

I actually kinda sorta maybe like the Angels. It was the first MLB team I saw in Tiger Stadium on 7/5/1966.

MITCHRAPP: Actually saw Lew Burdette and Joe Adcock actually play in person. That is actually true.

They had hats with halos on them. I thought that was cool.

I probably batted like one of the Tigers for a while in the remaining T-Ball games I had with the Termites.

Last edited:
Apparently tear in his UCL today. Won't pitch anymore this season, not sure about hitting. Should have traded him.

Back