Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sit, stand, kneel, or do whatever you like for the National Anthem

I'm still not convinced.

Sorry?

I'm seeing so far two different reported stories so far:

In one of the stories, Villanueva claims to have inadvertently wandered out onto the field by accident, BUT -

In a different story, Villanueva, apparently a co-captain along with at least Roethlisberger, I don't know if there are others or not, claims that it was agreed that just the co-captains were to take the field during the anthem and the rest of the team was to stay in the tunnel, but in the confusion in the tunnel, access to the field for the other captains was blocked, and only Villanueva was able to get access to the field.

Now, obviously it is impossible that both stories are true. Villanueva cannot have wandered onto the field inadvertently by accident, but also intentionally walked onto the field thinking he would be joined by his fellow co-captains.

I call bullshit.

and he's playing each and every one of them.

He's a players Owner as that goes; spends the money. But for Jones it's only about money. He knelt, but stood for the anthem and locked arms with his players. He took the best ideas from Sunday - didn't pit out like Kraft did - and stuck it to Trump. Brilliant business move, gotta give him credit. His eye is always on the prize

He's an NFL lineman who evaluates spatial differences better than almost any person alive? Yet he can't tell the difference between the space inside the tunnel and outside the tunnel?

Do you actually believe that?

It's bullshit. He's saying that to placate whatever teammates might be pissed off at him for not joining them in their protest.

I'm pretty sure coach tomlin gave him an earful since he just got done finishing answering a reporter saying they decided as a team to be 100% on the Same page and whatever they decide to do will be as a team. Ffw 10 min to a guy standing by himself outside the tunnel lol.

He's a players Owner as that goes; spends the money. But for Jones it's only about money. He knelt, but stood for the anthem and locked arms with his players. He took the best ideas from Sunday - didn't pit out like Kraft did - and stuck it to Trump. Brilliant business move, gotta give him credit. His eye is always on the prize

brilliant business move huh? its pretty obvious it politicizing this was a dumb thing to do. even if fans don't agree with Trump, they obviously don't like when football teams do what they perceive to be disrespectful. the broncos and Steelers had to issue apologies to their fans and have committed to standing for the anthem. the Packers asked fans to lock arms and instead they all followed tradition and put their hands on their hearts. the cowboys and Saints issued statements that they will now stand for the anthem.

it's pretty obvious this was a dumb business move and an equally dumb political move. I think the fan reaction has almost nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with their feelings about America, the flag and the people who defend them. you don't have to be brilliant to know which side to take here, Jones and the others were don't know their own fans and they chose poorly. they gave Trump the opportunity to claim victory simply for knowing where the fans would come out on this. I'm not giving Trump credit for the fan reaction but it's pretty clear he out-flanked the brilliant Jerry Jones on this one.

Is Trump still mad at the NFL because of his 1 dollar lawsuit victory? Or is This all political and just another ploy to keep the nation divided ? GIive Trump credit he see his popularity plummeting outside his base and he is just rallying his base and still campaigning and making sure his base is riled up. Divide the nation . It's just what Trump and the Gop have been doing since like forever.

Is Trump still mad at the NFL because of his 1 dollar lawsuit victory? Or is This all political and just another ploy to keep the nation divided ? GIive Trump credit he see his popularity plummeting outside his base and he is just rallying his base and still campaigning and making sure his base is riled up. Divide the nation . It's just what Trump and the Gop have been doing since like forever.

Right becausse it's not the democrats calling half of America racist, or telling black people they are sellouts or uncle toms if they're conservative and saying things like women who vote republican only do so because their husbands tell them to, or saying it's ok to use physical violence against ideas you don't like, or anyone who isn't a billionaire and votes republican is voting against their own interests (while they support someone who won't hold an audience with anyone who doesn't pony up $10k to have dinner on the other end of a banquet hall from them, or fork over $400k to have them speak to a couple hundred wealthy investors for a half hour). No, no it's Donald Trump Andrew the GOP that are dividing the country.

I'm pretty sure coach tomlin gave him an earful since he just got done finishing answering a reporter saying they decided as a team to be 100% on the Same page and whatever they decide to do will be as a team. Ffw 10 min to a guy standing by himself outside the tunnel lol.

If coach tomlin gave him an earful it's because coach tomlin is a hard core democrat who donated 10s of thousands of dollars to both Obama and Clinton super packs and hosted a $30k per ticket dinner at his house for the Clinton 2016 campaign.

Maybe tomlin should have realized he had a combat veteran on his team before he decided to politicize the anthem.

If coach tomlin gave him an earful it's because coach tomlin is a hard core democrat who donated 10s of thousands of dollars to both Obama and Clinton super packs and hosted a $30k per ticket dinner at his house for the Clinton 2016 campaign.

Looks like Tomlinson fucked up then.

Bernie Sanders more likely would have won in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

Right becausse it's not the democrats calling half of America racist, or telling black people they are sellouts or uncle toms if they're conservative and saying things like women who vote republican only do so because their husbands tell them to, or saying it's ok to use physical violence against ideas you don't like, or anyone who isn't a billionaire and votes republican is voting against their own interests (while they support someone who won't hold an audience with anyone who doesn't pony up $10k to have dinner on the other end of a banquet hall from them, or fork over $400k to have them speak to a couple hundred wealthy investors for a half hour). No, no it's Donald Trump Andrew the GOP that are dividing the country.

I never said any of those things your yapping about and last I check canidate Trump advocated volience against anyone peaceful protesting his rallies before the election. Give me a break with your two syep bable. LOL. like the Democrats are the only party that ask for donations. Cant wait for that trickle down tax plan orange Jesus and the Gop has. It didn't work with Regan and it won't work now. Yeah Trump is dividing is the nation just like his favorite network.

I never said any of those things your yapping about and last I check canidate Trump advocated volience against anyone peaceful protesting his rallies before the election. Give me a break with your two syep bable. LOL. like the Democrats are the only party that ask for donations. Cant wait for that trickle down tax plan orange Jesus and the Gop has. It didn't work with Regan and it won't work now. Yeah Trump is dividing is the nation just like his favorite network.

maybe you haven't (altho I bet you've uttered at least one of them in your lifetime) but you aren't a spokesman for all Dems so the fact that you never said any of it isn't really relevant is it? or is it the case that Dems arent divisive because Bob doesn't endorse any of the many divisive things hey say? that's convenient - stupid Trump dividing the country all by himself because occupy wall St never happened, BLM was never a thing before Jan '17, Obama never said the cops acted stupidly or if he had a son he'd look like trayvon...

unsurprisingly, you completely missed the point about the $10k dinners. I'd try to explain it to you but I don't really care to go down the rabbit hole again.

Looks like Tomlinson fucked up then.

Bernie Sanders more likely would have won in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

it's certainly possible - he's mucked up a few games at Cleveland and prob a couple playoff games too. he's not infallible...

maybe you haven't (altho I bet you've uttered at least one of them in your lifetime) but you aren't a spokesman for all Dems so the fact that you never said any of it isn't really relevant is it? or is it the case that Dems arent divisive because Bob doesn't endorse any of the many divisive things hey say? that's convenient - stupid Trump dividing the country all by himself because occupy wall St never happened, BLM was never a thing before Jan '17, Obama never said the cops acted stupidly or if he had a son he'd look like trayvon...

unsurprisingly, you completely missed the point about the $10k dinners. I'd try to explain it to you but I don't really care to go down the rabbit hole again.

Again stop lying like you always do. I never said the Democrats didn't have thier problems but they are nowhere near the lying GOP espically now under Trump.
I could care less what comes out of your pie hole of a mouth, and keep supporting your chief, and the do nothing GOP. Do nothing and try nothing should be the new GOP Motto !!!! Oh wait unless it's this new great Tax plan, or taking healthcare away from people or how about any type of discussion about gun safety in American or how about letting people vote instead of Gerrymandering a way to stay in power.
No thanks I want nothing to do with you and your party you support. But errrrrr say you don't lol.. troll on troll.

Again stop lying like you always do. I never said the Democrats didn't have thier problems but they are nowhere near the lying GOP espically now under Trump.
I could care less what comes out of your pie hole of a mouth, and keep supporting your chief, and the do nothing GOP. Do nothing and try nothing should be the new GOP Motto !!!! Oh wait unless it's this new great Tax plan, or taking healthcare away from people or how about any type of discussion about gun safety in American or how about letting people vote instead of Gerrymandering a way to stay in power.
No thanks I want nothing to do with you and your party you support. But errrrrr say you don't lol.. troll on troll.

what have I said in defense of Trump here? you're so confused.

Not confused at all. Your a troll and a always will be on this board.

Your confusion is so complete it even extends to your understanding of what a troll is. Even if I was a troll, I'd take that over being the guy who beclowns himself with every incoherent rant he posts.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this before. From a Time article.

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

You honestly haven't seen that 10,000 times on your facebook feed? Guess I need new family/friends.

But yes, it may result in discipline. Looks like it didn't. What's the point?

Back