Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So... Syria?

Not peculiar. Dictator killed those innocents, not Trump. I get you don't like countries being banned but would you rather him not mention them? I can imagine "Trump doesn't even care." Slippery rope.

It was made apparent that he didn't care when he decided that they weren't welcome here. Actions speak louder than words.

It was made apparent that he didn't care when he decided that they weren't welcome here. Actions speak louder than words.

When did he ever say he didn't want a 4 year old here? Or from any country? If there's a way to get the good in, and keep the bad out (from killing the good btw) we'd all like to know. Or maybe the 4 year old's here don't matter.

Obama was his inspiration!

Attachments

• Hypocrite.jpg
    Hypocrite.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 16
  • Same.jpg
    Same.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 21
When did he ever say he didn't want a 4 year old here? Or from any country? If there's a way to get the good in, and keep the bad out (from killing the good btw) we'd all like to know. Or maybe the 4 year old's here don't matter.

Until you can show me how refugees were the result of mass attacks within our borders, I'll say that the current procedures were adequate enough to save those lives and still protect ours.

Until you can show me how refugees were the result of mass attacks within our borders, I'll say that the current procedures were adequate enough to save those lives and still protect ours.

Again spot on S.

FWIW, there's no logical reason Assad would decide to use chemical weapons now. This whole shit show of a Civil War has been going on for six (6) years now. And Assad's government has been winning battles, and on a roll. Why launch a gas strike at a town? that would just force international opinion against him, and give the US an excuse to intervene. Why would he want either thing to occur?

Also... the only people alleging the gassing was Assad are American. And the biggest calls for intervention, and the loudest cries to do something for "humanity's sake" are coming from the same "think tanks" around DC that push US military intervention as the solution to pretty much everything.

this whole thing is bullshit. just an excuse for more huge budget appropriations, to spend all the money Trump saved by cutting government programs people actually use: Amtrak, PBS, LSC, and more. Did anybody see that? Thanks to Trump's cuts, something like 200 US cities lost Amtrak service. Fuck the American people... we need to shoot 50 cruise missiles into Syria.

FWIW, there's no logical reason Assad would decide to use chemical weapons now. This whole shit show of a Civil War has been going on for six (6) years now. And Assad's government has been winning battles, and on a roll. Why launch a gas strike at a town? that would just force international opinion against him, and give the US an excuse to intervene. Why would he want either thing to occur?.

I don't agree with you much and I know most of you all can't stand it but this may very well be spot on here

https://www.infowars.com/trump-to-attack-syria-within-hours-will-russia-respond/

Trump is making mistakes. I think the neocons got to him

FWIW, there's no logical reason Assad would decide to use chemical weapons now. This whole shit show of a Civil War has been going on for six (6) years now. And Assad's government has been winning battles, and on a roll. Why launch a gas strike at a town? that would just force international opinion against him, and give the US an excuse to intervene. Why would he want either thing to occur?

Also... the only people alleging the gassing was Assad are American. And the biggest calls for intervention, and the loudest cries to do something for "humanity's sake" are coming from the same "think tanks" around DC that push US military intervention as the solution to pretty much everything.

this whole thing is bullshit. just an excuse for more huge budget appropriations, to spend all the money Trump saved by cutting government programs people actually use: Amtrak, PBS, LSC, and more. Did anybody see that? Thanks to Trump's cuts, something like 200 US cities lost Amtrak service. Fuck the American people... we need to shoot 50 cruise missiles into Syria.

Cuts to Amtrak already happened? I thought those cuts were just a part of Trump's proposal, which does nothing other than give guidance to Congress. Now of course the republicans in congress are probably dick hard about the idea of making these cuts, but I didn't think anything was enacted yet.

But yeah, regarding the strikes, definitely stupid to do so before gaining wide international support, let alone approval from Congress to attack a sovereign nation.

Reason we attacked Syria:

Russia will act against it as part of the play.

Then Trump will get them involved, for LIFTING the sanctions on Russia.

Winners: Putin, Trump, Exxon

Losers: Syria, and America

Reason we attacked Syria:

Russia will act against it as part of the play.

Then Trump will get them involved, for LIFTING the sanctions on Russia.

Winners: Putin, Trump, Exxon

Losers: Syria, and America

I agree they are trying to find away to lift the sanctions without just lifting them.

sooooo 50 mil in missles to make a hole in a runway and basically slap the hand of a people that dont mind using chemical weapons on their own people. But dotn destroy the chemical weapons....just spend 50 mil to put a hole in an airbase runway. Good thing we have a business man in office!

Usa reacts this way with chemical weapons but turns a blind eye to when conventional weapons have done the same thing and probably have killed alot more people.

sooooo 50 mil in missles to make a hole in a runway and basically slap the hand of a people that dont mind using chemical weapons on their own people. But dotn destroy the chemical weapons....just spend 50 mil to put a hole in an airbase runway. Good thing we have a business man in office!

The majority, if not entirety, of the Syrian chemical weapons were already handed over a couple years ago.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27974379

Let us assume that the unconfirmed reports that the Syrian military was responsible for dropping chemical agents is true. For the US to launch an attack on the remaining Syrian chemical weapons stockpiles, they would have to know where they are!

The only thing the US could GUESS is which airbase the plane bombing the region was operating from.

You are currently playing an easter egg hunt for chemical weapons in Syria. Considering the terrible track record the US military intelligence has regarding these things (see their epic failure in Iraq) it will be long time if ever they discover them.

Trump couldn't do anything right even if he physically saved your child from death. There would be stories about how he put the child in trouble to begin with and should be arrested or sued for it.

Reports are that they didn't actually bomb the alleged chemical weapons at the airport. Anyone want to guess why? Maybe he didn't want to let loose a stockpile of sarin gas on people? No way, Trump is too fuckin' stupid to do anything right, the military just missed the stockpile. Probably didn't even exist to begin with, but they had to make up a story to cover their ass just in case.

. . . and what about the missile that fell into the sea? 1.4 million American tax dollars just down the drain. Could it have been any more wasteful? If so I wouldn't possibly know how unless maybe all the missiles did the same thing - but then they might be accused of incompetence. Better to hide that little truth -Americans are so damn gullible.

I'm sure it would have been much better if he went to Congress first and asked for the authority to do nothing, then he couldn't have stolen a few more new cycles - a complete distraction from the treasonous Russian collusion stories, which was the main reason for this attack.

I am absolutely positive that Trump colluded with Putin to drop the gas and then attack with missiles just to screw over the innocent people of a town, just to decrease the number of possible refugees that he has to block from coming into the country. Either that or they colluded on a way for the US to dump some of those aging tomahawk missiles, so they could be replaced at twice the price.

MichChamp is absolutely right, what a pile of BS from everyone.

Last edited:
Does anybody think H. Clinton wouldn't have done pretty much the same thing?

She seemed like a pretty trigger-happy old witch.

Trump couldn't do anything right even if he physically saved your child from death. There would be stories about how he put the child in trouble to begin with and should be arrested or sued for it.

Reports are that they didn't actually bomb the alleged chemical weapons at the airport. Anyone want to guess why? Maybe he didn't want to let loose a stockpile of sarin gas on people? No way, Trump is too fuckin' stupid to do anything right, the military just missed the stockpile. Probably didn't even exist to begin with, but they had to make up a story to cover their ass just in case.

. . . and what about the missile that fell into the sea? 1.4 million American tax dollars just down the drain. Could it have been any more wasteful? If so I wouldn't possibly know how unless maybe all the missiles did the same thing - but then they might be accused of incompetence. Better to hide that little truth -Americans are so damn gullible.

I'm sure it would have been much better if he went to Congress first and asked for the authority to do nothing, then he couldn't have stolen a few more new cycles - a complete distraction from the treasonous Russian collusion stories, which was the main reason for this attack.

I am absolutely positive that Trump colluded with Putin to drop the gas and then attack with missiles just to screw over the innocent people of a town, just to decrease the number of possible refugees that he has to block from coming into the country. Either that or they colluded on a way for the US to dump some of those aging tomahawk missiles, so they could be replaced at twice the price.

MichChamp is absolutely right, what a pile of BS from everyone.

My problem is there doesnt seem to be a clear reason why. If your reason is a hand slap ...then why do you need to fire 42 missles? We literally just put a hole in a runway. Yay!

Back