Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Softball l- HR in first inning up 1-0

going into bottom of 4th

right now we have 2 on and no outs

Romero got on base hit, christner who hit the HR in inning 1 was walked, and susalla got base hit - romero almost tried for home - missing Hutch stop sign and hutch had to dive down to get her to dive back to 3rd

so bases loaded now

I had to laugh at that! How old is Hutch? Man, if I had to dive like that I wouldn't have been able to get back up.

Good win. Keep it going!

Why don't they mention that the SEC teams play over half of their season at home! That is a relevant stat.

Yeah if you look at our rpi you see how many games we won away or on neutral ground compared to the numbers of these other teams

Florida 50 games: 24 home, 13 neutral, 13 road.
LSU 44 games: 32 home, 5 neutral, 7 road
Auburn 49 games: 27 home, 10 neutral, 12 road.
Bama 42 games: 19 home, 10 neutral, 13 road.
Michigan 51 games: 14 home, 17 neutral, 20 road.
Oregon 46 games: 16 home, 15 neutral, 15 road.

This is according to the NCAA Women's Softball Rankings. And the crap about northern teams HAVING to play more on the road due to weather is just crap. The SEC could schedule more games with Big 12, PAC 10, ACC teams, and play on the road more to balance out their schedules.

We play UCLA tonight at 930. UCLA beat #2 Oregon. When we win we will have Saturday off and will need just one win to make the championship series. I think a Florida Michigan series would be amazing to watch.

Back