Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Southfield A&T 36 Belleville 32 D-1 Final

biggunsbob

Division 1
Finals
Southfield Arts & Technology (12-1) 74.667 vs Belleville (13-0) 84.000 @ Ford Field - Detroit Sunday November 26th, 7:00 PM

Notes
Both are Public schools I think. Belleville Tigers are on a heater. 38 wins in a row and back to back championships in d1. Those are the only title games for Belleville. This is the first title game for The Warriors. Both teams play a decent schedule with some great teams. I just do not see how this isn?t a blowout unless I am missing something.

Belleville -20

??????????????....Enrollment??PF/PA
Belleville Tigers ?????..1764????647-95??with 5 shutouts
S. Arts & Tech warriors?.1517???..442-250?.with 2 shutouts.

Since 1950
Belleville 349-346-7

Since 2016
Southfield 44-35-0

Historical
Tigers
https://michigan-football.com/f/bellevil.htm

Warriors
https://michigan-football.com/f/sthftech.htm

Last edited:
Belleville trailed 6-0 late first when they made one of the best int?s you will ever see.He tipped the ball up and it disappeared behind his head and it dropped down and he caught it behind his back. I hope I can find the clip of it. They took a 7-6 lead a few plays later.

Last edited:
I was way off on Southfield. They are big and fast and have a good qb also. They reclaim the lead 8:41 of the second quarter. 2 point conversion is no good. They lead 12-7 .

Southfield leads 20-10 with only 13 seconds left in the half. The tigers get the ball to start the third quarter. With 10 seconds left they almost scored again after recovering a pooch kick. When was the last time Belleville was behind at half ? They have a 38 game winning streak on the line.

Last edited:
This game may be over. They stop The tigers in the opening drive of the third and go down and tack on 8 more points. 28-10 lead for Southfield late 3rd.

Last edited:
The tigers wake up and score in a few plays before the 3rd quarter gets over. 45 yard pass and 2 point conversion. They trail 28-18 now.

Up 10 with eight minutes left at midfield south goes for it fourth and 2 at midfield .
Don?t get not punting ?

Tigers score 5 or 6 plays later. Mid fourth he score is 28-25 Southfield. I would have punted at midfield up 10.

Last edited:
Uncle mo with the tigers as they intercept te ball at Southfield?s 35. Five running plays later the 2 time defending sate title champs have the lead. 32-28. They were down 28-10 early third. 4 plus minutes left. 2 minutes left Southfield on the move at Tigers 20. First down at the 14. Second down around the 10ish .53 seconds left. Southfield scores with 47 seconds left. Southfield leads 36-32 after the 2 point conversion. They lead
36-32 with 47 seconds left?

Southfield stops the 38 game winning streak of the Tigers winning 36-32 Final.

First title ever for Southfield . Great game.

Last edited:
Back