Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford in Walking boot

so was roethlisberger before he threw a billion touchdowns...i'll worry when he's not playing sunday...walking boot is even for a sprain..fastest way for it to heal is to keep pressure off it

Schefter reported the MRI as well. He also said Best is out next week and that several falcons were upset with Suh and Avril taunting Matt Ryan when he got hurt.

mhughes0021 said:
Schefter reported the MRI as well. He also said Best is out next week and that several falcons were upset with Suh and Avril taunting Matt Ryan when he got hurt.

Suh & Avril should taunt themselves for not getting their job done.

Well... worst case scenario he's out for the season, we drop a bunch of games and climb the ladder toward drafting someone that can actually protect him. This team is going nowhere without a better Oline.

Suh & Avril should taunt themselves for not getting their job done.[/quote]

Can Suh and Avril get first downs or help get points for the offense?

mhughes0021 said:

Seems like karma really is a bitch. The injury to Ryan looked really bad and yet he made it back out onto the field. The injury to Stafford didn't look to severe and yet now he is in a boot awaiting an MRI tomorrow to see if any ligament damage.

TigerMud said:
mhughes0021 said:

To blame anybody other than Matt Stafford for the loss today, is just stupid. And you can go ahead and lump last week onto his shoulder's too.

Despite the bad decisions, the poor throws, the happy feet... he still got the ball both weeks with timeouts, and plenty of clock - and he didn't get it done either time.

zay44 said:

Can Suh and Avril get first downs or help get points for the offense?[/quote]

Stupid question they don't play on offense so how could they? they didn't get their job done today either, Ryan had too much time back there when it mattered.

The Mad Bomber said:
TigerMud said:

To blame anybody other than Matt Stafford for the loss today, is just stupid. And you can go ahead and lump last week onto his shoulder's too.

Despite the bad decisions, the poor throws, the happy feet... he still got the ball both weeks with timeouts, and plenty of clock - and he didn't get it done either time.

Nobody is getting it done, they all suck, everybody from the kick returner to the O line. it's all bad. just bad.

That was my point. The offense lost this game. The defense made plenty of stops and got the offense 2 turnovers. Including 1 that was early in the game. That turned out for 3 points for Detroit when they about started in the red zone. When the defense gives up 23 points and the offense is 1-12 on 3rd downs and only gets 13 first downs all game there is no one else to blame but the offense. The defense was the only reason this team was in the game.

fuck our Oline. They should all be out in the streets like the rest of Millen's draft record.
Except Sims.

DAMN IT BOBBY LAYNE CAN YOU JUST LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE?!!!!!! WE GET IT, DAMMIT.....WE GET IT!!!!!! (damn this blows so fucking hard)

Well who ever that dip shit is that wanted to put hill in today might get his wish... I like our chances better with hill...
shocked.gif

Offense -

Well i think there enough threads/replys about how well stafford did today. The jist of it is if youre going to blanket calvin and run a zone defense the entire game....then stafford should exploit that and titus or burleson should be having huge games. Buuut....they didnt cause stafford didnt give them any opportunities.

Run game did their job today imo.

Offense seems to flow better from under center...again just my opinion but the fucking shotgun look has been horrid.

Defense-

End of half lapse yet again.

Spievey misses another tackle to cause a huge gain...again

Stupid penalties at inopportune times....again and again and again.

ST-
Logan fumble

Huge returns to give the opposition great field position.

Overall-
Basically, we played bad in all phases of the game and yet only lost by 7. A loss is a loss but if we could frikken put 1 half together let alone a game then were going to be just fine. To play that horrid and still be in a close game i guess is something you can build on....i guess...

mhughes0021 said:
Offense -

Well i think there enough threads/replys about how well stafford did today. The jist of it is if youre going to blanket calvin and run a zone defense the entire game....then stafford should exploit that and titus or burleson should be having huge games. Buuut....they didnt cause stafford didnt give them any opportunities.

Run game did their job today imo.

Offense seems to flow better from under center...again just my opinion but the fucking shotgun look has been horrid.

Defense-

End of half lapse yet again.

Spievey misses another tackle to cause a huge gain...again

Stupid penalties at inopportune times....again and again and again.

ST-
Logan fumble

Huge returns to give the opposition great field position.

Overall-
Basically, we played bad in all phases of the game and yet only lost by 7. A loss is a loss but if we could frikken put 1 half together let alone a game then were going to be just fine. To play that horrid and still be in a close game i guess is something you can build on....i guess...

Stafford completes 2 more easy passes, and we win - inspite of shitting the bed all over the field in every aspect.

Crazy shit, eh?

Burleson was given 2 shots at making big first downs today. He dropped both of the balls that were easy catches. He has been no where near what we had all hoped he would be this year.

zay44 said:
Burleson was given 2 shots at making big first downs today. He dropped both of the balls that were easy catches. He has been no where near what we had all hoped he would be this year.

Don't blame him though.

Part of why he was utilized so much last year is because Shaun Hill doesn't have the arm to get CJ the ball deep. Anything beyond 25 yards looks like a tipped pass and could flutter in any direction - so you compensate by blowing up the short game.

That's why Burleson looked World's better last year than he had in Seattle.

Pretty sure that was posted all over the ESPN board before we moved here...

They need to use him more in the End-Around game, and in Play Action situations to set up CJ Deep... just Stafford needs to lead him when he's got his guy beat by 5 yards...

Back