Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford tore ligaments in finger

He could have a broken throwing arm and be better than end zone Dan.

I'd rather see em throw rudock in there over freakin' end zone dan if it comes to that.

He didn't do too bad directly after the injury with the glove so maybe since he'll be able to prepare this week it won't impact his throw much.

He didn't do too bad directly after the injury with the glove so maybe since he'll be able to prepare this week it won't impact his throw much.

This was my thought. He looked worse than the Matt we've seen most of the year but he had to adjust on the fly. I'm going to hold out hope that with a week to prepare/adjust that he'll be better than what we saw to today.

My only concern would be better block for him because a hit could make it worse..

He doesn't play well wearing a glove on his throwing hand, we saw this a few years ago. Less zip on the ball, which throws off his timing.

He doesn't play well wearing a glove on his throwing hand, we saw this a few years ago. Less zip on the ball, which throws off his timing.

Was it the same finger? I have to imagine that would make a difference if not, whether good or bad.

Terrible luck. Lions dominating then this. Only reason bears were in it

Only good thing about this is the middle finger is probably the least important. Pretty much just rests on the ball.

Only good thing about this is the middle finger is probably the least important. Pretty much just rests on the ball.

If that's the case, why not just put some sort of elastic splint on it instead of wearing a glove

Matthew Stafford showing Green Bay his injured finger.

14356964016540-the-frattiest-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl-1-713-1349630721-6_big.jpg

You're eaither able to play or youre not. No excuses. Just keep getting the job done. Hopefully the D keeps being the most important part to winning.

Last edited:
Detroit only needs to beat the Packers at home to clinch the division.

Just start Rudock on the road the next two games-Lions are heavy road dogs in both-and bring back a healed Stafford to beat the Pack.

The ring finger moreso than the middle, esp given the odd arm angles that Stafford uses to throw with. The middle provides tight grip and force, plus he tore connecting ligaments to it, which makes the dislocation worse. We will find out more this week, but this injury might require off-season surgery, and much of it to heal.

Hoping for a mild day in Jersey next Sunday, or if not, a more "patriotic" pigskin. The Cowboys have been cooling off a bit, and ARod has leg issues, small comfort, but better than nothing. Keeping the #2 seed in the NFC through tbe remainder of the season has obviously become more important

Last edited:
Back