Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford's next!!!

No run game/and allowing Stafford to be sacked 40 times should fall on them

If there's proof the QB don't create their own sacks at times I'm all ears.. Plus GB had 35, look at Seattle's sack total. Atlanta had the same, didn't stop Ryan. I get the OL has never been more than average but it's not all on them..

So now it's the OL? A. Rodgers had shit OL for years.. Running game was better, how could they be worse. But for the most part they're middle of the packish..

Dak Prescott isn't ARod...sorry. If you don't think that OLine in Dallas has anything to do with Dak's success then you need ypur fkn head examination. Imagine Rodgers in Dallas? He might throw for 60 TDS lol...

Last edited:
Rodgers is one of the most protected qbs in the league. Mid 20 percent every year. The one year Rodgers had mid 30 percent pressure. Guess what happened. Stafford had a better qb rating than Rodgers

And 44 more short fields in last 6 years than Stafford. Less drops than Stafford. Abort 300 more rushing yards per year for Green Bay

Rodgers does it well the easy way. Stafford does it the hard way.

If they switched teams. Stafford would have 100+ career rating and Rodgers would have the high 80s career rating. It's all about the support

Finally 2017 Stafford should have the proper support

Last edited:
Dak Prescott isn't ARod...sorry. If you don't think that OLine in Dallas has anything to do with Dak's success then you need a fkn head examination. Imagine Rodgers in Dallas? He might throw for 60 TDS lol...

Who said he was can you actually read? It was mentioned about Matt and the OL, I brought up Rodgers. Not once did I mention Prescott. No need to apologize I feel it in my heart.

Who said he was can you actually read? It was mentioned about Matt and the OL, I brought up Rodgers. Not once did I mention Prescott. No need to apologize I feel it in my heart.

Just making a statement, you pylon...

Rodgers is well protected. You were wrong bringing him up

iu

If there's proof the QB don't create their own sacks at times I'm all ears.. Plus GB had 35, look at Seattle's sack total. Atlanta had the same, didn't stop Ryan. I get the OL has never been more than average but it's not all on them..

Rodgers and Wilson hold the ball longer than most qbs. I put a lot of their sacks squarely on their shoulders.

Rodgers and Wilson hold the ball longer than most qbs. I put a lot of their sacks squarely on their shoulders.

That might speak to how good they are.. I say a lot about Matt but the one thing that bothers me most is sometimes I rather see him hold on to the ball longer even if it means more sacks.. He needs to get down field more often.. It might even open up the running game some. I've been critical of his down field passes in the past but if he has really turned the corner on becoming "That guy" he needs to go the next step.. At least that's my take..

Signed - The Pylon.

I actually kind of dig this name.

That might speak to how good they are.. I say a lot about Matt but the one thing that bothers me most is sometimes I rather see him hold on to the ball longer even if it means more sacks.. He needs to get down field more often..

Nah. Stafford taking more hits sounds like a shitty plan to me.

Nah. Stafford taking more hits sounds like a shitty plan to me.

It's not ideal but the longer drives we have, i.e. short passes, the more opportunity to mess up, i.e. fumbles, dropped passes, penalties, INT. I'm hoping we can get more 80 yards 5 play TD type.. or similar. Then maybe we wouldn't have to rely on 1st down inside the ten situations so much. Something we're not very good at..

That might speak to how good they are.. I say a lot about Matt but the one thing that bothers me most is sometimes I rather see him hold on to the ball longer even if it means more sacks.. He needs to get down field more often.. It might even open up the running game some. I've been critical of his down field passes in the past but if he has really turned the corner on becoming "That guy" he needs to go the next step.. At least that's my take..

Signed - The Pylon.

I actually kind of dig this name.

Of course you dig it, man lol. Why the fuck wouldn't ya?!

The difference in starting field position for the Lions vs the Packers over the past 3 years is 1.85 yards per drive. I don't think we were/are about 5' away from being the class of our division.

Last edited:
This is my point.. How can anyone know those plays were affected by the finger? There's just no way. You want to say he was bad because of the finger, fine - I might disagree but saying a particular 3 plays were because of finger.. and no other reason I find hard to believe.

LKP

Bad throw = because of his finger
good throw = Stafford is the best QB ever

Look at the source, dude lol. Who in their right ficking mind wants their QB to take more hits? Only this fan base lol

I want him to take more chances.. You seriously have a hard time understanding. But good job adding to the discussion. Your input is clearly amazing.

Last edited:
The difference in starting field position for the Lions vs the Packers over the past 3 years is 1.85 yards per drive. I don't think we were/are about 5' away from being the class of our division.

44 more short fields gave Rodgers way more opportunities to score. It's about opportunities. And also protection, 300 more rushing yards a year and less drops.

Rodgers had life way easier. That is about to change with their Oline and run game issues.

Green Bay moved the ball 36 yards per drive. Detroit moved it 35 yards per drive

Last edited:
We have no choice bu to pay him. He's become a top 10 QB in the league and we have no shot at getting anyone better anytime soon.

I've always been a Stafford advocate, he should have his first really good O line to play behind of his career. I think he lights it up this year.

Back